💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Britney Spears Next Comeback

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

If Madonna is the queen of reinvention then Britney Spears is the queen of the comeback. 

As Buzzfeed points out here, she always comes back. 

We're all aware of the mess that was Britney Jean and the failure of Pretty Girls. 

2ujj9r4.jpg

When "Make Me" was first released people seemed to like it, but were to shell shocked from Britney Jean and Pretty Girls to give Britney the time of day. 

And then the music video fiasco for "Make Me" occurred and it just seemed like another messy Britney Jean moment. 

200_s.gif

"Private Show" then came out and it sounded like a discarded track from Britney Jean. 

And suddenly, it appeared that a second Britney Jean era was upon us. 

giphy.gif

But then the album leaked and we were all SHOCKED and SHOOK

fPhbc5U.gif

Some called it the best Britney album since Blackout and others even went as far back as In The Zone.

britney-spears-whips-it-hard.gif

Britney's voice was less robotic and more similar to that of her earlier work.

The production was executed by people who actually have some talent

giphy.gif

And once the album was released, the critics praised the album. As All Music said:

"It's a welcome return, as is Glory as a whole: it feels as fun and frivolous as her earliest music while retaining the freshness of her best mature work"

And celebrities took to Twitter to share their feelings on the album as well.

And now it seems like the good press is starting to get the GP interested in Britney again.

While yes, it is release week and yes the song is only 69 cents, "Make Me" is now #3 on iTunes. Something that definitely could not have been pulled off during a Britney Jean era release week. The song has now just entered the top of the charts on Spotify as well. 

I for one, think we could be on the verge of a Britney comeback. With a "Make Me" performance at the VMAs, the song could rise. But either way, im very happy for Britney for creating a solid album and receiving well-deserved praise. 

anigif_its-britney-bitch-23080-137930681

iCpro

DYWCO would've smashed as the lead and would've solidified her comeback. Make Me is just a bit lacklustre tbh 

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

PaperIz

Private Show sounds nothing like Britney Jean. The production is completely different and her vocals actually sound like her and she sounds energetic. Glory is getting critical reviews so I'm not here for negativity lol. I quit reading at the Private Show comment

Quartz

She has been "coming back" since Blackout though :nails: Like, will all her albums be labelled as such? :awkney:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Decodekid

yea yeah yeah love you Brit 

im having a stomachache everyones asleep what do i do :air:  

Im Harol don't tell anyone

8 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

Private Show sounds nothing like Britney Jean. The production is completely different and her vocals actually sound like her and she sounds energetic. Glory is getting critical reviews so I'm not here for negativity lol. I quit reading at the Private Show comment

You basically read the only 'negative' thing in OP and then quit reading :deadbanana: 

DiscoHeaven23
19 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

That's the one song critics have been saying bad things about. I'm sorry if i speak the truth. 

PaperIz
14 minutes ago, Bebe said:

You basically read the only 'negative' thing in OP and then quit reading :deadbanana: 

I'm just bad with negativity oops :toofunny:

4 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

That's the one song critics have been saying bad things about. I'm sorry if i speak the truth. 

I refuse it as truth. That song is the bomb.com

Anderson123

I don't like how every album is called her "comeback". Like, comeback from what ? She has been performing in Vegas these last couple of years. Her one and only comeback has been Blackout after her breakdown and Womanizer as the successful single after the drama. She hasn't been retired nor announced an official break from music. Her albums have not been released more than 5 years apart.

President Trump
28 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

You literally got the wrong impression from the OP and then commented after not reading the whole thing 

:wtfga:

Ma ma pa pa pa

Helxig

But what is she has a live-singing-comeback at the VMAs, and carpool karaoke was a little warm up for her? If she does sing live and is able to nail it I'll be floored!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

TEANUS
58 minutes ago, hellothing said:

She has been "coming back" since Blackout though Like, will all her albums be labelled as such?

Femme Fetale and Britney Jean really weren't as much so

2007 - Blackout - A complete musical comeback

2008 - Circus - A comeback to wide success (#1 single, #1 album, huge tour, etc.)

2016 - Glory - A comeback to her personality, which hasn't been seen since Blackout

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Quartz
31 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Femme Fetale and Britney Jean really weren't as much so

2007 - Blackout - A complete musical comeback

2008 - Circus - A comeback to wide success (#1 single, #1 album, huge tour, etc.)

2016 - Glory - A comeback to her personality, which hasn't been seen since Blackout

what, femme fatale was ridiculously boppy, modern and britney :grr:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Archived