💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's Voice

BuzzcutSeason

Featured Posts

BuzzcutSeason

This might just be in my head, but i noticed her speaking voice has gotten deeper even since BTW and even on ARTPOP she sounds different and stuff.

Why? Is this a new "style"? I've been meaning to ask this i've just forgotten many times :toofunny:

Should i provide examples? i feel like everyone can notice this.

Vergil

I don't really like how she sings since the artrave. Her voice is like she is sick and sometimes she screams too much which it's kinda ugly/annoying to hear. I don't want to sound mean to her it's just I don't know how to say it with more respect :S

joannesrats
1 minute ago, Ritsu said:

I don't really like how she sings since the artrave. Her voice is like she is sick and sometimes she screams too much which it's kinda ugly/annoying to hear. I don't want to sound mean to her it's just I don't know how to say it with more respect :S

Yeah, I feel you on that. I think she's taking too much technique from singing jazz and putting it in her pop performances. 

BuzzcutSeason

Like i was looking at people posting in the rebecca black thread and i went to look at this interview:

Like is it just me or is there a difference?

Vergil

BTW yeah I noticed a change in her speaking voice, forgot to say that in my previous comment. :saladga:

Shipper

It's a fact that smoking and drinking makes your voice deeper. That's the reason why her speaking voice became deeper.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

BuzzcutSeason
9 minutes ago, Shipper said:

It's a fact that smoking and drinking makes your voice deeper. That's the reason why her speaking voice became deeper.

i thought it just became more raspy, mainly. It makes sense, i just wish it wasn't the reason :toofunny:.

i miss her heavy punk-ish way of singing 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Yuuri
13 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Her ballz dropped.:laughga:

Helxig

It's a bunch of factors:

1. She was younger. Voices get deeper and more gritty over time, then eventually become weak when we become elderly. Voices and faces change a lot from 20-30.

2. She's smoked a lot over the years, especially all that weed in 2012. Smoking makes a voice deeper and more gravelly.

3. Same as above but with drinking.

4. I think she was more shy back then. A lot of artists seem to have softer/higher voices when they first get big and start doing interviews because they're shy. (even though Gaga always pretended she was super-confident, I think she was faking it to make it) A deeper, more projected speaking voice comes from confidence.

5. She's been very hard on her voice over the years. Years and years of constant touring, singing full voice, screaming at her shows... screaming a lot. She's kind of abused her voice, and never seems to have taken vocal rest. (I'm surprised she doesn't have nodules... lets hope she never does :S)

It's a good thing she had a really high pitched voice to start with! Otherwise she'd be sounding very manly right now lol.

If she doesn't ease up on the smoking soon though she will end up sounding very gritty and gravelly one day, like a deeper-voiced Sia.

I also think this has affected her singing voice too by the way. It makes sense that her singing voice is different if her voice as a whole has changed.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Bradley

I didn't like Born This Way's vocals as much as I liked ARTPOP's. Like sure Born This Way was ambitious and sonically outrageous but the vocals were too woman-like and I expect some androgynous qualities in Gaga's voice. I find that most evidently in The Fame and The Fame Monster, some in ARTPOP but least in Born This Way. Nevertheless, they all remain outstanding masterpieces.

I'm happy with Gaga's voice progression though, I'm expecting more deep vocals in LG5 and I'm here for that. Fck the Dope/TilItHappensToYou haters. Deep vocals slay.

Archived