Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why does kworb say ARTPOP has sold over 3.5 million?

JustAnotherDay

Featured Posts

JustAnotherDay

I was exploring kworb.net today and I went into the worldwide album sales section, I went into the totals section and found ARTPOP, but in the total sales sections it states that ARTPOP has sold 3,594,680 copies on itunes alone, it also says Prism has sold 5,230,978 so I don't really understand.

http://kworb.net/aww/totals.html (ctrl + f to find ARTPOP because you can't link to a part of the page)

was NickARTPOP

kabirartfling

Who cares? ARTPOP is back on itunes top100 album charts for the past 24 hours, and in another 5 years it will be considered as her best dance album just like BTW is now considered as her most experimental work! 

Give your love to me

Katsuki Bakugo

Maybe it has? Maybe everything about ARTPOP was an illusion...

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Miracle
2 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

I was exploring kworb.net today and I went into the worldwide album sales section, I went into the totals section and found ARTPOP, but in the total sales sections it states that ARTPOP has sold 3,594,680 copies on itunes alone, it also says Prism has sold 5,230,978 so I don't really understand.

http://kworb.net/aww/totals.html (cntrl + f to find ARTPOP because you can't link to a part of the page)

It does say points not sales. Watching 25 so low, I think they really took streaming into account in this chart

The Child
2 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

Who cares? ARTPOP is back on itunes top100 album charts for the past 24 hours, and in another 5 years it will be consider as her best dance album just like BTW is now considered as her most experimental work! 

Her most experimental work is ARTPOP though.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

JustAnotherDay
4 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

Who cares? ARTPOP is back on itunes top100 album charts for the past 24 hours, and in another 5 years it will be consider as her best dance album just like BTW is consider her most experimental work! 

I care, which is why I asked the question

was NickARTPOP

TEANUS

It's points, not sales, based off of where it peaked in each country, for how long, how long it stayed on the chart, etc.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

venusfly
2 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I dont agree. The whole idea of ARTPOP is experimental, the way she carried out the era, her artistic mannerisms and interviews, but when it comes down to the music itself its just normal EDM. It might be different from normal pop but true experimental music is not generic for any genre.

I'd also say Born this way is her most experimental.

kabirartfling
42 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

No . Not in a million years! ARTPOP is EDM which has been considered as the trendy music Since 2k12! Plus with btw her intensions was to create something different then mainstream pop music while for ARTPOP she wanted it to sound like 'the fame'

Give your love to me

SlayGagaloo

Not PRISM being #1 WW for 11 days, meanwhile ARTPOP was #1 for 14 days 

DYmGr.gif

International Queen of Pop? 

Over.

Saint Laurent
2 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Not PRISM being #1 WW for 11 days, meanwhile ARTPOP was #1 for 14 days 

DYmGr.gif

International Queen of Pop? 

Album artist

tumblr_lx256xKtfo1qeto8r.gif

Arizona Sky

It looks like those are points, which include sales + airplay. In pure sales, ARTPOP is at no more than 2.1m & PRISM is around 4.2m.

Archived