💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My informed theories about AHS6's theme...

Helxig

Featured Posts

Helxig

Alright! So after compiling all the information and clues about AHS6 I've whittled it down to one trailer! I know this thread is long winded, but I cover some important information that anyone who is making a guess should know.:classy:

First of all, keep in mind that it was confirmed that only one trailer is real and hints at the theme, and the rest were made to throw us off. Source.

Okay so my theory is that the Windchime trailer is the real trailer. It's the only one that kind of fits with what we've been told so far, and the rumours we have been hearing for months. Let me explain my theory:

- The first huge clue is the sweepstakes competition. Only 6 of the trailers are posted there, it's an official sweepstakes, and the real trailer has to be one of those 6 for anyone to win. So that instantly eliminates every other trailer. At this point it's down to 6 possibilities.

- I'm willing to sort of eliminate some of the trailers because they involve themes we've already seen in AHS. Post Op: experiments on people has been done. The Shadow: that one is clearly referencing Nosferatu, and they had a blatant reference to Nosferatu in Hotel relating to the vampires. Blind Date: I feel like they just made that trailer for fun lol. And Ryan wants to go dark this season, not campy. Camp Sight: aliens have been done already. Lullaby is a possibility (I'll get to that later), but it's very reminiscent of Hotel.

Why I think it's the windchime trailer:

- Now, the first thing we know for sure, is that it's pretty much confirmed that the season will have themes surrounding 16th the lost Roanoke colony of settlers, and also the Croatoan Indian tribe, because of these leaked set pics:

Spoiler

tmz-croatoan-ahs.jpg

j34TJf31ZUSx.jpg

01-tmz-ahs-001.w529.h352.jpg

Link to wiki page about the Croatoan tribe.  Link to wiki page about the lost Roanoke settler colony.

-  In this trailer the windchime looks reminiscent of Native American Indian windchimes to me.

-Also the porch, trees in the background, and general setting of that trailer look like these leaked set pics:

Spoiler

qiXmbcawVJgx.jpg

ash-s6house-2.jpg

ash-s6house-1.jpg

- One of the first rumours we had was that they were filming in a hospital/nursing home, and the lady in the trailer is a nurse.

- Now this one is a bit of a stretch because they're unreliable sources, but there were also 2 rumours (rumour one and rumour two) that Gaga was going to be playing a 'scary, gross, unconventional fairy'... "mixing elements of Peter Pan, Deliverance and The Exorcist".

Now, the interesting part about that is: in the second rumour we were also told that the setting was going to be "a ranch house with a dirty pond in the corner surrounded by a studio built forest." Now that rumour came out before TMZ leaked those set pics, and that part of the rumour is absolutely correct (see pics above), so that means that the part about her being a fairy could actually be true. 

If Gaga is going to play the role described above, I'd believe that she would be some kind of 'tooth fairy', or some kind of creepy creature who keeps her victims teeth. It makes some sense to me.

- The only other information we know for sure about this season is that is will involve children. That means that it could also be the lullaby trailer (the room in the trailer looks like it could be inside the house in the leaked set pics). I also thought it could also be the newer 'children of the corn' trailer. However, the 'children of the corn' trailer isn't one of the 6 options they've given us to vote on in the sweepstakes, so that eliminates the one. This means that the hint about it involving children can only really whittle it down to the lullaby trailer out of the 6, so that clue doesn't really tell a lot. And as I said above, it is very reminiscent of Hotel. (also, babies aren't really children yet )

This is my guess and my theories! Which trailer do you think it could be out of those 6 and why? :excited2:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

zakariah

Woah, you went hardcore lmao. Yeah, this theory is pretty solid tbh. Well done :applause: 

Helxig
2 minutes ago, Zakariah said:

Woah, you went hardcore lmao. Yeah, this theory is pretty solid tbh. Well done :applause: 

Idek why :laughga:  I just got really into the mystery and the fun of investigating.

Harry

This is my view on the sweepstakes trailers that I posted in another thread:

I don't think these are themes, just potential 'elements' that might appear in a scene of the first episode. Hence "represented". I.e. there's a lullaby sung or a shadow follows someone, idk. The actual theme of the season is then still left wide open. They just have to specify that it's the premiere episode for the logistics of the competition.

Idk that's just how I read it. I think it's worded vaguely on purpose so that nothing is properly revealed.

Bradley

Interesting linkage but the 'fairy' thing is unconfirmed yet, so I'm not convinced on that part yet.

The nurse and wind chimes guesses seem convincing though.

flopheart

very interesting, i would still love "AHS: FARM", something rural or something kind of "village of the damned" or kind of the stephen king book, that one about evil children in a country town you know.

2 minutes ago, flopheart said:

very interesting, i would still love "AHS: FARM", something rural or something kind of "village of the damned" or kind of the stephen king book, that one about evil children in a country town you know.

American Horror Story: Farm sounds as random as American Horror Story: Garlic Bread

Tommy Monster

At this point I only care about the lullaby being the new opening credits song :giveup:

PurpleJungle

I like that theory. It would be cool if Gaga's role in this series was always some kind of fantasy creature. First a vampire, now a fairy. Jessica Lange's characters were never really connected to the supernatural or fantasy element of the story (with the exeption of Coven where she's a witch, but then again most of the characters in that season were too)

Helxig
19 hours ago, Harry said:

This is my view on the sweepstakes trailers that I posted in another thread:

I don't think these are themes, just potential 'elements' that might appear in a scene of the first episode. Hence "represented". I.e. there's a lullaby sung or a shadow follows someone, idk. The actual theme of the season is then still left wide open. They just have to specify that it's the premiere episode for the logistics of the competition.

Idk that's just how I read it. I think it's worded vaguely on purpose so that nothing is properly revealed.

I half agree! The teasers have always been somewhat vague. But there's definitely one that does actually give hints as to what the actual theme will be. At the end of the day, there are always tonnes of 'horror elements' in every season of AHS, so really any trailer could relate in some way :P

E.g. Aslyum (which is frequently regarded as the best season to date) had a main theme of a mental asylum, and sub-themes of a psycho/mommy-issues-murderer, nazi experiments and mutant cannibals, and friggen aliens. That season alone could relate to like 5 of the trailers we have for season 6 lol.

18 hours ago, Ares said:

I think that this would be an amazing season if you're correct about the theme!

I hope my guesses are right because I'm kinda already looking forward to seeing Gaga as something really creepy with special effects. I've always been into special effects so I'd love to see her all dressed up in prosthetics getting filthy.

17 hours ago, flopheart said:

Maybe next season! I'm pretty sure it will be a forresty setting though given the actual confirmed sets and filming locations. They haven't yet done the themes you're speaking of either!

17 hours ago, faux said:

American Horror Story: Farm sounds as random as American Horror Story: Garlic Bread

Hey I f-ucking love garlic bread, so a season that could ruin garlic bread would definitely horrify me.

16 hours ago, Tommy Monster said:

At this point I only care about the lullaby being the new opening credits song :giveup:

16 hours ago, JorgeQueiros said:

I like that theory. It would be cool if Gaga's role in this series was always some kind of fantasy creature. First a vampire, now a fairy. Jessica Lange's characters were never really connected to the supernatural or fantasy element of the story (with the exeption of Coven where she's a witch, but then again most of the characters in that season were too)

I'd personally love to see her in prosthetics, special effects galore, made all ugly and creepy. I've always been a huge fan of physical special effects!

23 hours ago, Helxig said:

I'd personally love to see her in prosthetics, special effects galore, made all ugly and creepy. I've always been a huge fan of physical special effects!

We also know Annabell Osorio is working with the crew, and she is a effects actress that resebles Gaga as many pointed before

Maybe the Crotoan creature rumours are true? :excited2:

thebedesign
On 8/27/2016 at 3:21 PM, Helxig said:

If Gaga is going to play the role described above, I'd believe that she would be some kind of 'tooth fairy', or some kind of creepy creature who keeps her victims teeth. It makes some sense to me.

OMG! This actually makes sense with that trailer! Oh jesus and the holy everything please yes!

It’s not a fedora you ****

Archived