💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga's obsession with MJ 'HIStory' album

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

I'm not gonna lie... I LIVE for Gaga's obsession with Michael Jackson's 1995 HIStory album. Here are my 3 favorite receipts...

The cover of ARTPOP is a direct nod to the cover of HIStory, with both artists portrayed as a white stone sculpture: 

515pmC2+QiL.jpg

ARTPOP_foil_cover.jpg

On the track "Bad Kids," Gaga samples the spoken-word opening of MJ's "They Don't Care About Us" (from HIStory)...

"Don't worry what people say, we know the truth! Enough is enough of this garbage!"

"We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough of this horse sh-t!"

And on "Do What You Want" she samples "Scream".... with both songs being about the injustices of the constant media scrutiny and lies spread about the artists.

"...don't it make you wanna scream (make you wanna scream)"

"and then they print some **** that make me wanna scream"

....plus, bonus points for R. Kelly being the featured artist on "Do What You Want" when he is literally one of the producers of MIchael Jackson's HIStory album. 

You also have to remember HIStory was released in 1995 when Gaga was 9 years old... These were extremely formative years for a young budding pop music talent like Gaga. 

I love that her reverence for MJ's HIStory is so apparent in her work! 

PartySick

I'm not at all mad about me being recognized as the local MJ stan :diane:

Good catches, btw! Their spirits are much the same when it comes to their music and performances. Nothing but passion. Raw talent in every dance step, love in every note they sing. I'll never forgive the people that treated Michael so badly that he was pushed on the road that eventually led to his death. The things he and Gaga could've made together...wow.

đŸ–€

ReidOne
Just now, PartySick said:

I'm not at all mad about me being recognized as the local MJ stan :diane:

Good catches, btw! Their spirits are much the same when it comes to their music and performances. Nothing but passion. Raw talent in every dance step, love in every note they sing. I'll never forgive the people that treated Michael so badly that he was pushed on the road that eventually led to his death. The things he and Gaga could've made together...wow.

:hug:  

:wub:

PartySick
1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

:wub:

It's also cool that ARTPOP is the album that has the most blatant nod to HIStory since they're both full of similar emotions. Depression, anxiety, remorse, trauma, paranoia, anger, and some love for good measure.

đŸ–€

ReidOne

It's also cool that ARTPOP is the album that has the most blatant nod to HIStory since they're both full of similar emotions. Depression, anxiety, remorse, trauma, paranoia, anger, and some love for good measure.

Could not agree more! 

Lord Temptation

The King's 2009 "This Is It" farewell tour with Mother as opening act is now and forever will be THE GREATEST CONCERT THAT NEVER WAS :rockstar:

Chris Evans
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

The King's 2009 "This Is It" farewell tour with Mother as opening act is now and forever will be THE GREATEST CONCERT THAT NEVER WAS :rockstar:

agreed the FAME KILLS GAGA X KANYE Tour is a close second

PartySick
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Don't forget the duet that never happened - Pictures :giveup::cryga:

SO MUCH REGRET :giveup:

đŸ–€

Lord Temptation

Don't forget the duet that never happened - Pictures :giveup::cryga:

SO MUCH REGRET :giveup:

Eeek! What the fudge I had no idea about such a collaboration :what:

Dear oh dear, so much regret.

Still, a lifetime of yearning for a future nostalgia.

Computer

Stop it!

I'm trying to be classy on this forum and you come here posting your gaga mj crap which you know I live for.  And I'm trying to be cool like I don't have a crush on you.  And you're just mean posting prescient things about my two faves.  Can you just leave?  Reported.  Go away you sexy man.  Look, you're making me sound like a crazy person.  Leave!

:heart:

💚💛💕❣⭕💱💱 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡ⓹ Â©â“—â“Ąâ“˜â“ąâ“Łâ“œâ“â“ą

Archived