Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify is punishing artists who offer Apple Music exclusive

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Zombie
11 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

She's almost always neutral in these things 

she dont give a ****, she just put her work in every platform, i just wish she wait to stream it on spotify at least two weeks so more people buy it, but she dont care

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LUCARTPOP

LOL as the OP stated this has been going for more than a year, I don't know why anyone is suprised by this. It's all rigged as ****, when it comes to Apple they'd punish the artist, but TIDAL is something else I guess. Bey is almost featured in every single playlist and yet she is the queen of exclusives and suprise releases. :koons: 

FATCAT
1 hour ago, HOMODRAKE said:

This is honestly so rude and childish of them WTF. Now I WANT Gaga to do an AM exclusive out of spite. They wanna play games? Then let's play games. :neyde:

If you come out with an AM exclusive, you're starting the games. Pick sides, or dont do exclusives. There's nothing more to it.

Purr more, hiss less.

29 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

They're literally doing the opposite by burying artists and making them harder to find on purpose tho. They don't give a **** about making music more accessible. They care about making more coins and punishing everyone who helps their competition

29 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Greedy? They want to be paid for their work just as you, me and every other human being want. No difference.

They are doing the opposite to make artists more open to the other platforms.
You would be right if spotify said "hey, we have exclusivity to your work or we will bury it", but that's not what is happening. Spotify is rewarding those who doesn't launch their work exclusively and reprehends those who do it so they stop doing it and everything works within a fair system.

If spotify measures work what will happen is that artists will refuse to make deals for exclusivity and they will launch their works in the same day across all the platforms and to everyone. How is this bad? 

I'm not pro spotify and I'm not even a user anymore, but I don't think they are being evil here. They are just rewarding those who choose to make their work available to everyone. Still, artists can still choose to quit from spotify and not stream their work with them if they don't want to quit their deals. The users can do the same. You are informed now. I don't see why is this bad. If you want to use apple music, then do it and leave spotify. Go after your artist work. You will only find it there. 

Saint Laurent

Lets face it, Apple has a monopoly on the music industry.

I have no idea why they would choose to do this, if labels see that big names are being pulled from Spotify because Spotify are punishing them, they are likely to move their more medium sized artists over to AM exclusively, thus making Spotify completely redundant.

A ridiculous business move by Spotify.

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

If you come out with an AM exclusive, you're starting the games. Pick sides, or dont do exclusives. There's nothing more to it.

Their Music gets added to Spotify after a week or so. It's not like they completely blacklist Spotify lol that's what is upsetting me about it. Spotify will still get their money, just not as soon. This is so petty lol 

Spotify is so childish, first begging to Taylor about 1989 and now this.

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

LetsGetHigh
1 hour ago, Bloody Matt said:

By the way... Why the **** should they punish who chooses another service over them? It's just how competition works. If you want to attract artists to sponsorize you, just improve your service in order to bring them in. Being petty and "punish" artists for not choosing you sounds so elementary school :deadbanana: 

You answered yourself. It's a competition. Choose Apple? Fine. We will not let you buy promo slots. 

SlayedForTheGod
1 hour ago, Baby Blue said:

Spotify has explicitly told artists who offer Apple Music exclusives that their music won't be included on featured playlists, and Spotify has also "buried" their songs in its search rankings. The music streaming service has reportedly been using these retaliatory tactics for about a year. 

:poot: 

and did you not read anything i posted?? obviously the tactic isnt working when the biggest apple exclusive so far is also the most streamed on spotify. and the songs are the first ones that come up when searched so????

1 minute ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Their Music gets added to Spotify after a week or so. It's not like they completely blacklist Spotify lol that's what is upsetting me about it. Spotify will still get their money, just not as soon. This is so petty lol 

People will rush to buy everything when it's released. They (spotify) will loose money and the opportunity to compete fairly. Exclusivity is also a bad move in the user perspective. You are forced to make a subscription. (Unless it's available at Itunes, but since it's apple music you have to subscribe).

"Spotify has thus far stayed away from exclusive deals, with executives arguing that they don’t benefit music fans or record labels. Lady Gaga’s former manager Troy Carter, who joined Spotify as a high-profile artist liaison this summer,  reiterated that point this week, telling Billboard that “exclusives are bad for artists, bad for consumers and bad for the whole industry.”

The only benefit from this deals is the reputation gained by that service. Exclusivity will drag a few into new subscriptions but the artist will sell less. AM pays better and that may help to solve that problem, but it won't.

AM pays big dollars to have one artist, and that artist will get a better % true, but will lose the chance to have their work anywhere else. That is a lot of market! in the most important week of sales! Most of the fans of that artist will wait for a global release, but if the same happens over and over again people will lose interest. This deals only work once. 

Archived