Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I hate Pop Music. But I love Gaga. Go Figure.

wahkeenasitka

Featured Posts

wahkeenasitka

(I don't expect this thread to be very well loved... Oh well...)

It's funny - I know it's because we're all on a very long Gaga dry spell, so the GGD forums inevitably get focused on all the other pop girls.... Britney, Taylor, Meghan, Ariana, Katy, etc.... 

But I seriously hate pop music. It's way beyond strongly disliking it. Kanye makes me gag. Britney - I have loathed since her first single came out when I was in college. It's all garbage. 

I *ADORE* Gaga, and she is literally THE ONLY famous pop music celebrity that I have any interest in whatsoever. 

Because I frequent GGD, I pay attention to pop music now. I watch the latest Britney video, the latest Adele video, the latest Beyonce whateverthef*ck... But I find zero interest or deep fulfillment in any of it. 

Regardless, I keep coming back to GGD, and have been since 2010, and in some ways more so since 2013 / ARTPOP... But I just really don't resonate with pop music culture. 

The kind of music I listen to, most of you have never heard of it, and would probably never have any interest, because it's all underground artists and they're not mainstream pop celebrities. (yawn) Most of the music I listen to is what could be considered in the Burning Man / West Coast Festival / Bass Music / EDM culture genre. 

But like every one of you, I am counting down the seconds to the next Gaga drop.

I just don't say that much on this site. I'm more of a lurker, because pop music is a bore. 

Frankly, I wish that Gaga fans were clued in to the much larger world of underground music and not so focused on mainstream pop music and charts. GGD would be SO much more interesting if it wasn't focused on Britney. 

This is the kind of music I love: 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think overproduced dance songs with lyrics like "last night damn you were in my sex dreams" and "love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs" are any different from the other pop girls you're deluded.

GaGa is a POP singer. Let's not forget that her first(and most successful) era was literally about the art of selling out.

She's better than the rest, but she's in the same lane.

wahkeenasitka
Just now, Nino said:

If you think overproduced dance songs with lyrics like "last night damn you were in my sex dreams" and "love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs" are any different from the other pop girls you're deluded.

GaGa is a POP singer. Let's not forget that her first(and most successful) era was literally about the art of selling out.

I don't disagree with you. But there is a difference in her SOUL and her creative spirit. Her heart. There is a vast reservoir of beauty, creativity, love and free-spiritedness in Gaga that has held my attention since the first moment. 

Neight Shayde

Did you know that a lot of Metalheads love Gaga and hate the rest of the pop girls/boys?

It's super weird and kind of amazing how she's the only popstar they really, really like and admire

wahkeenasitka
1 minute ago, GagaInTheZone said:

You could say you dislike someone's music instead of calling it garbage :)))

well. most pop music is garbage. and has been for decades. 

LaMaisonGaga
3 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

Did you know that a lot of Metalheads love Gaga and hate the rest of the pop girls/boys?

It's super weird and kind of amazing how she's the only popstar they really, really like and admire

Because they know she has more than four sides to offer and could jump genres within a finger snap and slay those.

lamaisongaga.com

wahkeenasitka
Just now, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

Because they know she has more than four sides to offer and could jump genres within a finger snap and slay those.

yup. 

Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, wahkeenasitka said:

well. most pop music is garbage. and has been for decades. 

That's your opinion though

Fiona Apple
7 minutes ago, Nino said:

Not really :awkney::awkney:

ALGAYDO

I love Gaga the creative creature more than her actual music (i.e. why I get just as excited for her non-pop music and her acting roles as I do for her pop music) so it's completely understandable lmao :laughga:

wahkeenasitka
1 minute ago, Britney Spears said:

That's your opinion though

true. every opinion is subjective. 

Neight Shayde
8 minutes ago, Nino said:

Let's not forget that her first(and most successful) era was literally about the art of selling out.

wasn't the fame about finding your inner sense of self and fame and confidence?

Archived