Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My opinion on Glory

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I waited until tonight (cuz it was just released on Appl Music) rather than listen when it leaked.

I honestly this might be Brits best album. None of the al ha are up there with her classics, but as a whole body of work, it really does hold up better than her other peices of work. 

I love Invitation and Make me (their probs my fav off the album), but Do you wanna come over is not good imo.

i guess just tell me what you thought about the album. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

zakariah

I really loved that it had (more or less) a concept this time rather just a bunch of random 'maybe' hit songs. One of my fav Britney albums to date tbh. 

It is definitely not better than Blackout and In The Zone. It's a good album but the vocals are really messed up in most of the songs.

Thomas P
5 minutes ago, Bio said:

It is definitely not better than Blackout and In The Zone. It's a good album but the vocals are really messed up in most of the songs.

It's better than Blackout, but in the zone is a maybe. In the zone has more somgs I don't like, but the songs I do like, I like a lot more than the ones I love on glory.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

juicyjuicy
12 minutes ago, Zakariah said:

I really loved that it had (more or less) a concept this time rather just a bunch of random 'maybe' hit songs. One of my fav Britney albums to date tbh. 

What was the concept? I didn't see it. I do agree that there are some good songs though.

zakariah
4 minutes ago, juicyjuicy said:

What was the concept? I didn't see it. I do agree that there are some good songs though.

That it was abt having fun and just being herself. I guess that's why she loved this record alot. 

Yo GagaGaga

I haven't listened to anything besides Make Me, Clumsy, DYWTCO, and Private Show, but theres no memorable hits. Even Brinty Joan had Work Bitch

TEANUS

Glory is Britney's best album since Blackout, even gives it a run for its money

It has the third most personality in any of her albums, behind In The Zone and Blackout, and is the most cohesive since Blackout, and has the most attitude since In The Zone. It's Britney, anyone who doesn't appreciate the album either just doesn't like Britney or doesn't realize how long she's been out of character, meaning 9 years

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Versace

It's a good album but no hit is to be found on it other than maybe the song Better and Man On The Moon 

There really isn't that song that makes you go wow this is a monster of a song 

While I agree this album has the most personality since Blackout at least Blackout, Circus and Femme Fatale had those majorly infectious songs such as Gimme More, Womanizer, Circus, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, heck even some can say that Britney Jean offered a hit in Work Bitch which in my opinion is one of the best songs of 2013 and a masterpiece for the clubs.

I'm not saying it's bad that this time around Britney cared about making an album instead of just focusing on one to three hits, that's great and i'm proud of her but we've come to expect Britney to cater to her singles more than her albums and heck why not both, Femme Fatale is the perfect example, a cohesive album with no filler track, full of potential hit tracks that appeal to mostly everyone. 

Glory is good as an album but no song on Glory is outstanding...

StrawberryBlond

I thought it was a lot better than Britney Jean and as long as that was the case, I was going to be happy. After that album, she needed something more substantial to come back with and Glory is halfway decent. But there's a real lack of outstanding tracks, almost everything is ok/just above average. I think the best track is easily Liar - it's not like Britney to be so personal and vengeful on a track but it sounded so good. "Kamikaze fire come down, fire come down, fire, fire come down" alone make the song awesome. In fact, apart from If I'm Dancing, all the bonus tracks are good, which is great seeing as Britney's bonus tracks post-Circus have been so weak. I feel 3 of those tracks could have been on the standard edition and if it was, I would maybe have ranked it a bit higher. The album's unapologetically about sex and she does sexual albums well, as we saw with In The Zone and Blackout. I do like my sex jams, so this album packed full of them is at least passable. But I'm still unsure if we'll ever get an album as good as Blackout again.

JesseBabe

Yeah.... I don't really get the crazy obsession with DYWCO on this forum. Like, yeah the verses are good, but that chorus just ruins it for me :ph34r:. But other than that this album is amazing. I pretty much love every song and it's been on repeat since last night! There's so much personality in it. I haven't heard this Britney in years.

Archived