💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No VMAs, GMA or Apple Music Festival for Perfect Illusion?

Slayer

Featured Posts

Slayer

Slate ARTPOP all you want, but the initial Applause era went pretty well with the exception of the rush-release. It had GMA, the VMAs and the iTunes Music Festival, and many others - but those three performances were integral to the Applause era.

Now LG5 has come at the exact same time, three years later... but currently there are no apparent plans for the VMAs or an Apple Music Festival show, and no scheduled GMA performance.

Is she missing out on these opportunities? Or do you think it was deliberate? Should we brace ourselves for an era of minimum promotion or has she got something else up her sleeve? 

Spoiler

I know I'm overthinking it. This is why she shouldn't have given us a month-long heads-up... nothing good comes from it. :toofunny:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaMaisonGaga

Sis? The single era didn't even start yet why are y'all jumping into conclusions like Beyonce from her yacht the other day. She just announced the month of release, that's it for now. Who knows what kind of huge events she and Bobby the builder have planned.

lamaisongaga.com

PERFECTIONIST

this thread again

oYw0Icy.gif

my hobbies include lying about PI leaking and getting everyone shook on GGD

darkchylde

?¿?? what do you want her to promote if the single isn't even out ¿? she already did enough 'cause i'm sure we were not supposed to tell us about it so soon but she had mercy.

just lay chill and stop complaining for once.

Weasel

It's true though. It seems like she's skipping opportunities as days go by. Maybe it's released in late September and she couldn't make it to all those events. But then again she already played the song to iHeartradio last week so it should be done. 

It's weird how even Britney seems to take more spots than Gaga at this point. I truly hope she'll surprise us because as of now it looks like we're in for a lackluster era. 

QueenGaga

Inb4 Gaga opens her own music award show and performs their. LGMA: Lady Gaga Music Awards like the Micheal Jackson Award 

The Surrealist

I don't get the hate in this thread. OP clearly meant Gaga missed opportunities to promote the single once it's OUT. Where she going to promote the single when it's out? There are no huge events left this year.

KURUSHITOVSKA

We didnt know anything about promo for Applause until it was released so just W A I T

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Slayer
2 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

I don't get the hate in this thread. OP clearly meant Gaga missed opportunities to promote the single once it's OUT. Where she going to promote the single when it's out? There are no huge events left this year.

Yes, THANK you. I'm obviously talking about the three specific shows that she is not scheduled to perform at. If people actually bothered to read instead of just responding to thread titles, maybe they wouldn't make such asses of themselves. :classy:

Slayer
9 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

?¿?? what do you want her to promote if the single isn't even out ¿? she already did enough 'cause i'm sure we were not supposed to tell us about it so soon but she had mercy.

just lay chill and stop complaining for once.

confused-buffy.gif

I haven't complained about anything LG5 related so far. And this isn't a complaint, it's just an observation that she's not performing at the VMAs or Apple Music Festival, and possibly not GMA. She performed at all three for Applause, which makes sense because... they're fantastic promotion opportunities. 

LaMaisonGaga
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Yes, THANK you. I'm obviously talking about the three specific shows that she is not scheduled to perform at. If people actually bothered to read instead of just responding to thread titles, maybe they wouldn't make such asses of themselves. :classy:

Yeah let me pretend you didn't call me an ass. 🙏🏻

lamaisongaga.com

I think people should stop using the word "opportunities". And replace it with "risks".

Even though Gaga gained praise after the AP Era. She's still in a quite risky spot, pop wise. People still don't expect much of her outside the pop scene.

If she hypes it just a little bit. The fanatics will go insane with overhyping.  So let's give the sound a chance to be heard. Instead of her risking  the view on the first single, to be damaged by overhyping.

darkchylde
Just now, Slayer said:

confused-buffy.gif

I haven't complained about anything LG5 related so far. And this isn't a complaint, it's just an observation that she's not performing at the VMAs or Apple Music Festival, and possibly not GMA. She performed at all three for Applause, which makes sense because... they're fantastic promotion opportunities. 

i was referring to the forum in general but i understand it bothered you, sorry. but still, i don't think we should worry. there are still tons of late night shows and stuff she can attend i just think they're being more careful than usual. things will come when they come.

Weasel
5 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

We didnt know anything about promo for Applause until it was released so just W A I T

We knew she was going to the VMAs before it was released. We knew she was going to premiere it on GMA. We knew the video/song were supposed to be released on the same day. We got tons of promo images. We had the album name, lyrics (not just from Gaga, also from early reviews), we knew she shot the video, we got a pic of her on set. 

Archived