Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lorde Finished Writing New Album

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

via Billboard

Great art can’t be rushed. And Lorde has been working on something “great.” The New Zealand-born alternative pop artist has finally updated us on her long awaited sophomore album, thanks to the prompting of one pushy fan. Instagram user Gabatron9 probed, “Do you think we will ever get another album or should we just give up on you as an artist?"

Lorde responded with a direction to the exit, before explaining the album was close to completion after a year of creative toil and meticulous attention. "Give up on me if you want to! I write a record when I have enough special stories to tell, and it's all me, every melody every lyric, not some team who just start the machine up every eighteen months like clockwork," she wrote. "The record is written, we're in the production stage now. I've worked like a dog for a year making this thing great for you guys."

Lorde’s next album has actually been percolating for more than a year. She told Billboard.com back in December 2013 she’d been writing new material. And her producer and collaborator Joel Little revealed in February 2015 plans to hit the studio to “start writing some songs.” Not long after, she parted ways with her manager Scott Maclachlan.

Lorde’s Instagram account may or may not hold clues to the new LP. She recently shared a picture of her “Tennis Court” remixer Harley Streten (aka Flume) with the caption “Harley's Angels” and two months ago tweeted that she and Jack Antonoff "really crushed it at work this week."

holding-lorde-stylist.gif

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7487084/lorde-new-album-production-stage?utm_source=twitter

Yuuri
4 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Thank the Lorde! Praise Ha!

Bless us with new hymns queen! 

Dance with me, my children. DANCE!

giphy.gif

gagaisnotfat

I hope she'll release something soon, I don't really like her as a person but miss her music.

FATCAT

If Flume is producing, this album will be amazing. I've loved his work all the way back to his first album :giveup:

Purr more, hiss less.

DeanWinchester

I hope she releases with Katy for that Grammy moment :toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

5 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I hope she releases with Katy for that Grammy moment :toofunny:

You are a bad person :toofunny:

Pharamon

Awww lawde come through!

ps. The outfit on the gif you posted is my alltime favorite from her!

Archived