Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Katy Perry Over?

Lord Temptation

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

So in Australia Katy Perry's song Rise debuted at the top of the ARIA Charts over five weeks ago. It is now sitting at number 24. It has not even been certified, yet there are songs that have been in the charts for fewer weeks like Closer (feat. Halsey) by the Chainsmokers which has only been in the charts for 3 weeks yet is already Platinum. Rise is not even Gold. Australia has been Katy's most popular market, especially since the much hyped Roar-Applause showdown of 2013. Yet the shoddy performance of Rise has got me thinking: is she already over? Did the media hype give Katy a Pyrrhic victory in 2013, only to have it backfire now three years later??? Thoughts guys, please keep it clean.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LePetitGAGABLover

I wouldn't say "over" but I feel like she might hit a bump during her next era. Beyonce had it with 4, Rhi with ANTi, Gaga with ARTPOP, etc. Its bound to happen to her sonner or later.

Just now, FATCAT said:

She's not over, she's just not on top. 

Same thing the GP said about Gagz :classy:

Born To Slay

I hope not tbh, I'd like Gaga to outperform her chart wise but I like her and want her music to do well.

FATCAT
Just now, Misaki said:

That's what she gets for releasing the same day as Bri.

giphy.gif

Lol, I guess she couldn't handle the stiff competition of.. Make me? maybe G-eazy? :green:

Purr more, hiss less.

Haroon

It's not part of her new album so I wouldn't count it :shrug: Plus even if it was part of the new album, it's 1 song so I don't think that wipes her away or anything. I think consistently majorly underperforming album eras would mean that someone's "over"

edit: But to be honest I don't like saying that people are over or not, like nobody's not able to make a comeback at some point. We can never know so it doesn't seem right to totally count someone out for me :laughga: 

Archived