💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

UMG reportedly bans streaming exclusives

Bolkins

Featured Posts

ryhanna

Good. I'm not paying for 12 different streaming services because my favourite artists all want to make their music "exclusive" to one of them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Biotic said:

It would still make sense to only allow streaming for paying customers (Apple Music, Tidal, Google Play Music, Spotify Premium) and not allow streaming for free customers (basic Spotify). 

I agree :golfclap:

8 hours ago, Biotic said:

It would still make sense to only allow streaming for paying customers (Apple Music, Tidal, Google Play Music, Spotify Premium) and not allow streaming for free customers (basic Spotify). 

Following those rules, wouldn't they not allow YouTube since it's a free streaming site and counts towards sales.

Everyone uses YouTube, way more than those services. So losing it is a big loss of revenue.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

6 hours ago, lilmonster93 said:

Following those rules, wouldn't they not allow YouTube since it's a free streaming site and counts towards sales.

Everyone uses YouTube, way more than those services. So losing it is a big loss of revenue.

YouTube is mostly used for videos and its official mobile app doesn't allow streaming just the music with the screen turned off which makes it inconvenient and a battery killer not to mention its data usage would be high. YouTube has a subscription service in some countries called YouTube Music which would enable one to just stream the music. Besides artists don't upload their full albums usually (looking at you BTW) on YouTube and reserve it only for their official singles. 

Archived