musician

BANKS - The Official Thread

HEARTHUNTER

Featured Posts

HEARTHUNTER

15-banks.w750.h560.2x.jpg

BANKS - THE ARTIST

Spoiler

Jillian Rose Banks, also known as BANKS is 28 year old American singer/songwriter born in Los Angeles born on June 16th, 1988. BANKS has studied psychology in the USC and earned her psychology bachelor's degree by writing a thesis on the children of divorced parents. 

Artistically, she's often assimilated with artists such as The Weeknd, Ellie Goulding and Aaliyah, although Banks has been inspired by Erykah Badu, Fiona Apple and Lauryn Hill.

She has toured with The Weeknd and is associated with acts such as Chet Faker and SOHN, who produced several songs in her albums. In term of genre, her music lies in the alternative scene with dark RnB, Pop and Trip Hop music. The minimalistic production, ominous sound, raw and human lyrics as well as her mesmerizing voice have helped her to grow a big following over the years.

She is currently signed to Harvest Records, a major recording label belonging to Capitol Records. She released two EPs "Fall Over" and "London" which were positively received by critics. Her debut album "Goddess" was released shortly after, in 2014 and it was a critical success, earning her a 74 score out of 22 critics. Her second album "The Altar" is set to release on September 30th, 2016.

GODDESS - 2014

12389e546ed747f579fdb82a71ddcbec.jpg

Buy the album Goddess on iTunes.

VIDEOS

Spoiler

THE ALTAR - Out September 30th, 2016

banks-the-altar-compressed.jpg

Pre-order the album on iTunes and get the two singles "**** With Myself" and "Gemini Feed"

VIDEOS

Spoiler

A TRUE TALENT

What if we all give her a shot? She absolutely deserves it!

Voltaire

I think she's great. I think SOHN is producing and I LOVE his music. Saw him live in Michigan 2 years ago. FANTASTIC 

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

fede ARTPOP
Just now, HEARTHUNTER said:

Saw what you did there!! :grr:

Lol what.. I use the gaycat emoji for iconic/fab things, that song is her best in my opinion, is on my BOPS playlists:gaycat:

đŸ–€ C H R O M A T I C A đŸ–€

HEARTHUNTER
3 minutes ago, fede ARTPOP said:

Lol what.. I use the gaycat emoji for iconic/fab things, that song is her best in my opinion, is on my BOPS playlists:gaycat:

Lmao I was referring to the discussion on the Meditation Song thread :air:

fede ARTPOP
3 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

Lmao I was referring to the discussion on the Meditation Song thread :air:

Oh ok:sweat:, I listened her last album and only like Beggin4Thread... Maybe theres good songs on The Altar, I love dark pop :giveup:

HEARTHUNTER
Just now, fede ARTPOP said:

Oh ok:sweat:, I listened her last album and only like Beggin4Thread... Maybe theres good songs on The Altar, I love dark pop :giveup:

You should give a chance to Gemini Feed, it's so good :giveup: SAME :giveup:

fede ARTPOP
12 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

You should give a chance to Gemini Feed, it's so good :giveup: SAME :giveup:

Is kinda good, the production is great but Im not feeling it:sweat: , lets wait ha next album:gaycat:

HEARTHUNTER
13 minutes ago, McMonster08 said:

Been bopping to Gemini Feed since release :giveup:

One of her best songs :legend:

MaybeKermit

I've been following her since her first EP and seen her live 2 times, and I can really say that she's the real deal! She's so down to earth yet very mysterious in a way. Her voice is so strong! I love every song by her.

my favs are BRAIN, Goddess, Alibi (aka the Holy Trinity), Drowning, Better, Gemini Feed, FWM 

OK LEMME STOP I LOVE EVERY SONG BY HER

MaybeKermit
1 hour ago, fede ARTPOP said:

Is kinda good, the production is great but Im not feeling it:sweat: , lets wait ha next album:gaycat:

It's produced by SOHN, who produced some of her other songs too. If you know his music you can really hear the similarities! When I heard Gemini feed for the first time I immediately knew it was SOHN! 

You should check his album Tremors!

fede ARTPOP
18 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

It's produced by SOHN, who produced some of her other songs too. If you know his music you can really hear the similarities! When I heard Gemini feed for the first time I immediately knew it was SOHN! 

You should check his album Tremors!

I will listen later if hes on Apple Music, since im milking my 3 month free trial:gaycat:

Archived