Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child opinions

Thomas P

Featured Posts

yASSsss

i overall liked it.It was so nice to read about the characters i fell in love with so many years ago.I laughed and teared up at some parts.I'm not a huge fan of the plot.At some parts i felt like i was reading a fan fiction.This story is more suitable for a play i guess,which i'll never be able to see live.Part One was amazing but Part Two got a bit predictable at times.

however,I'm still glad that we got a glimpse into Harry,Ron and Hermione's future lives.I would've loved to see them all in action together but it's time for a new generation,i guess. :tongue:

I'm a bit mad that Neville,Luna and Hagrid didn't get any role in this story,like where are they living now,what are they doing.I know Neville is a Herbology Professor at Hogwarts but what about Luna and Hagrid.Where are they? :/

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed it, and after the first page I completely forgot it was a script and felt completely immersed, although I love the performing arts so reading a script is second nature to me. 

I work at a book shop and I had so many people complaining that they didn't know it was a script, like r u an idiot:saladga:.

But aside from that, I really really really loved it, and fingers crossed I'll be able to go and see it soon! 

:)

nikola
On 8.8.2016. at 8:41 PM, yASSsss said:

i overall liked it.It was so nice to read about the characters i fell in love with so many years ago.I laughed and teared up at some parts.I'm not a huge fan of the plot.At some parts i felt like i was reading a fan fiction.This story is more suitable for a play i guess,which i'll never be able to see live.Part One was amazing but Part Two got a bit predictable at times.

however,I'm still glad that we got a glimpse into Harry,Ron and Hermione's future lives.I would've loved to see them all in action together but it's time for a new generation,i guess. :tongue:

I'm a bit mad that Neville,Luna and Hagrid didn't get any role in this story,like where are they living now,what are they doing.I know Neville is a Herbology Professor at Hogwarts but what about Luna and Hagrid.Where are they? :/

I think that j.k wrote short story thats going to focus on hogwarts professors and it will tell where are they after books ended.....so maybe Hagrid will be in it.....As for Luna maybe she will reveal what happend to her at some point hahhaha

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I read the first book at 11 (in 2000) and I instantly got hooked. I was the same age as Harry, Ron and Hermione and in a way, I grew up with them. I remember waiting in line at midnight for the last book (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) . In short, I was a big fan. (I still am, in a way)

HP and the Cursed Child was a huge disappointment. I still don't understand the point of this story and since it is a script, the story is not as beautifully written and developed, elaborated, as the other books.(probably because it was not written by JK herself)  I won't read it again.  

PerfectGypsy
1 hour ago, lennon said:

I read the first book at 11 (in 2000) and I instantly got hooked. I was the same age as Harry, Ron and Hermione and in a way, I grew up with them. I remember waiting in line at midnight for the last book (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) . In short, I was a big fan. (I still am, in a way)

HP and the Cursed Child was a huge disappointment. I still don't understand the point of this story and since it is a script, the story is not as beautifully written and developed, elaborated, as the other books.(probably because it was not written by JK herself)  I won't read it again.  

The play was a lot better than just reading the script. 

Just now, PerfectGypsy said:

The play was a lot better than just reading the script. 

I believe you and I would love to see it!

PerfectGypsy

I wish I had an American boyfriend who could fly over and see it with me and I could show him London. 

Archived