💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child opinions

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

(Haven't seen a thread on this topic yet)

So I have been obsessed with Harry Potter since my dad read the Philosophers Stone to me when I was 3yo (2004). I've read the books more than 15 times each,  and seen the movies even more times than that. 

They are the definition of my child hood. The books are my favourite books EVER made, and the movies are my favourite films as well.  

No shocker that I, like millions of potter heads around the world, have been counting downy the days to its release for months now. 

I finished it in 8 hours, and u guess I just don't really know what to think. I, unlike many, went into the book knowing that it was a script, not a novel, but a script for a play put into a book. I knew it was going to be split into acts and scenes like Shakespeare plays we read in English. I knew that lines were gonna be given and that the pros of description that Rowling is well known for, was all going to be put into two lined stage directions. I guess what I mean is I wasn't as let down by the eighth instalment of one of the most important parts of my life as MANY people around the world are. 

I am upset that I probably will never get to see the play live (which is receiving wide acclaim, and being dubbed one of the best live shows ever), but am very happy that I get the chance to literally fall in love with Albus Severus Potter, and even more in love with his best friend Scorpius Malfoy (both characters I like more than Harry, Ron, or Hermione). It's not as immersive into the magical world as the novels, but I was still happily pulled in, and grew to love the characters quite a lot.

Harry_Potter_and_the_Cursed_Child_Specia

I know that many of you will probably dislike the new book, but this is a place where everyone can share their opinions on it. 

Discuss.:awesome:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ByeBye49

When I was in the hospital and I had nothing to do, it was the perfect escape. I love it so much! 

Loyalty
2 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

So I have been obsessed with Harry Potter since my dad read the Philosophers Stone to me when I was 3yo (2004).

Did your 3 year old self even understand a word :diane:

HelloBarbara

I saw the play and it was ****ing awesome! And read the script in about 3 hours and still was as enthralled with it even though I knew what was going to happen. Though a few elements kinda feel fan fictionish, overall I can forgive it for the amazing story, themes and characters (New and old). If you get the chance to, go see the play. It's 5 hours but it's so amazing the time goes by so fast. Definetly in my top 5 Harry Potter stories. 4.5/5 ❤

Hiiieee

Thomas P
11 minutes ago, Loyalty said:

Did your 3 year old self even understand a word 

I just kind of remember that as spending time with my dad.

Thomas P
8 minutes ago, Unicorn Heart said:

I saw the play and it was ****ing awesome! And read the script in about 3 hours and still was as enthralled with it even though I knew what was going to happen. Though a few elements kinda feel fan fictionish, overall I can forgive it for the amazing story, themes and characters (New and old). If you get the chance to, go see the play. It's 5 hours but it's so amazing the time goes by so fast. Definetly in my top 5 Harry Potter stories. 4.5/5 ❤

I did love it, unfortunately seeing the show will be hard cuz I live in Canada, but if it ever goes international.

It's basically fan fic. Too many loopholes, fan service and things that don't make any sense. i don't hate it but to me Harry's story ended with the 7th book and that's it.

HelloBarbara

4 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I just kind of remember that as spending time with my dad.

I was 4 when me and my dad read it together and I still remember it to this day. I have read/listened (i love going for a walk in the woods and just listening to the audio books) each of the books 21 times, apart from PoA and GoF which were 23 times. And have seen the films numerous times. J.K. is the reason why I want to be a writer and why I'm going to study writing at college in September 

Hiiieee

Antoni

Bought it last night and starting it today! Will let you know. I was a major potterhead like you. Now I've moved on to this weird fanbase called Little Monsters. :usrs:

My name isn't Timmers

Antoni
1 minute ago, Bio said:

It's basically fan fic. Too many loopholes, fan service and things that don't make any sense. i don't hate it but to me Harry's story ended with the 7th book and that's it.

What are some of the loopholes, if you don't mind me asking? I haven't started it yet but I'm curious. 

My name isn't Timmers

weed

I've heard of it and I've seen people who've got it, but I've not got it myself yet. I didn't know it was a script until now (not a die hard fan, clearly, but I read the series and saw the movies multiple times) so I probably won't get it anymore 

if possible I'll see the play aha

Mister Gaga

I won't read it. Harry Potter plays a major role in my life, and i love it just the way it is. I don't want to screw it up, i'll never accept it as part of the HP world. I'll ignore it.

Archived