💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Suicide Squad Reviews Discussion

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Stephen
1 minute ago, DXPE said:

I just watched it and I honestly thought that it was a fun action movie. Ive been looking forward to it for about a year now and when I saw the reviews I was expecting it to be super bad. It's not a masterpiece but not as bad as the critics said. Margot was great and I found that she stole most of the scenes in the movie. Jared was good. Not very much of him but all of the scenes he was in were cool to watch. Will Smith did a good acting job and I liked Deadshot. It did kind of seem cliche how Will Smith was that stereotypical "villain with a heart of gold" character. I don't know why I was expecting more from a Will Smith character. Croc was corny as all hell and I wish they did more with him other than have him say cheesy one-liners through the movie. Overall, I did enjoy the parts he was in tho. Captain Boomerang was annoying and seemed like a useless character. Katana was okay. Also wish they did more with her character but meh. Now the real flaw with the movie was the messy villain. I don't know what the heck went wrong with that but there was either some serious flaws in the script or they had to edit a lot of the part about her out. I thought Cara was almost laughable in the final battle scene (although it probably wasn't her fault but more bad direction). I would say it's a solid 7.5/10.

Agree on all counts! Except I loved Boomerang :air:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally watched it and really enjoyed it. The acting, soundtrack/score, effects, and action were great and fit the film. Thought the story was pretty engaging too. I thought it had it's heartfelt moments but mixed humor in well.

I wish they would have just released it with it's R rating like Deadpool. It felt pretty much like a R movie. I actually liked it more than Deadpool.

There's this unfair stigma surround DC films, just because Marvel established it's film franchise and fandom first. I think DC's films are just as good. Loved Man of Steel and Suicide Squad was really great and I'm still excited/interested to see Batman vs Superman (though I realize I should have watched it before Suicide Squad).

Also interested in Wonder Woman and Justice League.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Benji

When I watched it the other week I wasn't impressed. The pacing was horrendous and jarring. The introduction of the characters took far too long but then dropped important parts of the story (such as their current goal) in one line. The most horrific example was them travelling to the top of the building to "save" Amanda Waller considering the excuse was literally only mentioned once before they got to the top and the surprise wasn't exactly a surprise in any way. That entire twenty/thirty minute segment basically led up to her killing her staff to set her character up further... which came far too late.

The portrayal of Harley and the Joker's relationship was all over the place and made little sense. Margot was pretty good as Harley but the film made her look bad as an actor... The random accent change at the end should have been picked up on, even if it was in post. Leto was a bad joker to be honest, he felt diluted but that could easily be the same issue as Margot had with bad editing.

The inclusion of seemingly random "emotional" parts did not work. It's honestly like they shuffled all the scenes and randomly picked them out of a hat... no buildup causes no empathy.

The enemies were boring.

Random shots of stuff like bullets hitting the floor doesn't work. Randomly dropping an aesthetic shot in every fifty minutes doesn't make the film look any better.

Very poor attention to detail. There were literally sparks coming out of nothing during the first battle with bobble heads.

Why were the heavy action scenes either in the dark or shot from an angle that made it hard to see? If you're going to show action and not allude to it.... actually show it.

A large majority of the music wasn't needed.

---------

I could probably rant on and on about this movie because I was hyped af for it and purposely avoided reading reviews and reactions to watch it's midnight viewing but it was awful. It's like they created a ten hour film and randomly assembled and cut their scenes before adding filler shots and slapping over some music.

I loved it actually; I just hate how they portrayed Harley and the Joker's relationship.

I dragged my mom along, and she had zero interest in the movie when I told her about it, but now she is obsessed with it. But since the movie glamorized Harley and the Joker's relationship, my mom thinks that the Joker actually loves Harley and that it is a love story.

Archived