Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga "hiding behind costumes"

androiduser

Featured Posts

androiduser

Gaga is often accused of hiding behind her costumes, and some say it when they are surprised to hear her sing so perfectly.

However, I remember one specific interview at the very start of the Artopop era, and Gaga said about herself that up to that point she was hiding behind costumes, and now with ARTPOP she is finally free (or something very similar). And I remember that for a very very brief period of the ARTPOP promo, she was wearing very very subtle clothes and hair/make up, but it went almost unnoticed in the media, and she went back to huge elaborate crazy costumes. I think Gaga thought that ARTPOP would allow her to portray herself in a completely different light, and in the end he wasn't able to do that until C2C and the Oscars.

Does anyone remember this?

I believe in the same interview as she talked about hiding behind costumes she pulled the "fashion is just who i am" card. Most ARTPOP era interviews had a whole bunch of contradictory statements. I wouldn't think too much of it if I were you.

GagaXCupcakke

She wore some crazy "classy" outfits during C2C. 

Recently she's been dressing very plainly 

elijahfan

She's a human being... Like anyone else, her mind changes, and there are days when her looks can be a reflection of her empowerment, and other days when it's just a way to hide how she actually feels. That's how we all function.

donutellha

I feel like now it's just less of an act, and more of just her intense love for fashion!

I mean, she has two songs named after it (4 if you count Fashion of his Love and Black Jesus Amen Fashion)! 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

HOTNebraskaGuy
1 minute ago, donutellha said:

I feel like now it's just less of an act, and more of just her intense love for fashion!

I mean, she has two songs named after it (3 if you count The Fashion of his Love)! 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

donutellha
1 minute ago, HOTNGaga said:

Forgot Black Jesus Amen Fashion existed :toofunny:

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

TimisaMonster

Do you wanna see the girl who lives behind the Aura, behind the curtain, behind the burqa...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Reality

She did briefly talk about her costumes and outfits and what they mean to her in the "Track-by-Track ARTPOP Commentary". 

I wouldn't say that she's necessarily "hiding" with all of her costumes/outfits, in some cases, yes, but in most cases, it's either to make an artistic statement, or just because she simply likes fashion.

🃏🖤👹

Lord Temptation

Some people wear clothes, others wear personalities. Gaga is a chameleon. Don't be fooled into thinking we know what she's doing. We have no idea. Just like her.

Evan Peters

i feel like every person does what you're describing, not just gaga. 

emma roberts is an abuser

Joshie S

No I totally get what you're saying!!!! I really do!!

She also once said she uses the wigs to cover up and become a different person etc. if she's not feeling strong or brave that day to be herself....

During that time where she was dressing totally normal during ARTPOP, I feel like she wanted to be herself and as you said shine a different light on who she is..

HOWEVER, then the whole DWUW management thing happened, and the NEXT appearance we saw her was the Jingle Bell Ball or whatever it's called, and she wore THAT GREEN UV GLO wig... From that performance, I could totally tell she was angry, upset etc. (you could see it in her face, in her performance)... then she fell into her depression and shortly after wrote the post on LittleMonsters.com about her management etc.

So yeah I totally get what you're saying.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

15jocart
2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

She did briefly talk about her costumes and outfits and what they mean to her in the "Track-by-Track ARTPOP Commentary". 

I wouldn't say that she's necessarily "hiding" with all of her costumes/outfits, in some cases, yes, but in most cases, it's either to make an artistic statement, or just because she simply likes fashion.

I clicked "play" and 8 seconds in I heard the word "the first experience on the app"

tumblr_o2e5gqHTsa1qzcp72o1_250.giftumblr_o2e5gqHTsa1qzcp72o1_250.giftumblr_o2e5gqHTsa1qzcp72o1_250.giftumblr_o2e5gqHTsa1qzcp72o1_250.gif

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Buddy

Gaga's ex manager answered in a 2014 Reddit AMA that for Born This Way Gaga wanted to wear normal clothes, her band t-shirts and vintage jeans, but her label wanted her to keep up her eccentricity.

Katie14
6 hours ago, M83 said:

Gaga's ex manager answered in a 2014 Reddit AMA that for Born This Way Gaga wanted to wear normal clothes, her band t-shirts and vintage jeans, but her label wanted her to keep up her eccentricity.

Can you please post a link? I can't find this.

Archived