💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

Galena | Follow-up: Track Descriptions (Part 1)

TopazBlue

Featured Posts

TopazBlue

If you don't know what this is about, visit my first thread to get info! >>

I had a busy day today, so I didn't get as many done as I would have liked to, but I got six done! Here they are:

01. Dark Art
    First track! Not the most exciting, but drips into anticipation for the rest of the album.
    Lyrical Content: Gaga sings cryptically about disturbing or even torturing someone with her art. "Take a look at my dark art / figure out when your clock starts"
    Production: Thumping glass/percussion sounds create an uneasy tone in the verses, but transform into an eerily fun chorus. Not quite radio-friendly, but still structured nicely and can support a dance.
    Visuals: In the booklet, Gaga is seen in a massive black cape. She is holding a mace with a shattered record on the end of it. It is in a dark, empty room with one window. She is approaching the viewer.

02. Existence vs Instance
    First single to arrive from the era! Amazing first single that quenches the music industry.
    Lyrical Content: Lyrics questioning the purpose of life are cancelled out by the inciting of a "Why not?" attitude followed by a shouted "Are you living?" lyric before the hyper-energetic choruses. Gaga reminds listeners that their life is theirs to live.
    Production: Vibes of "Marry The Night" and similar Born This Way anthems recur empowerment and motivation for living life in this powerful smash of a song. The solid, practically flawless instrumental is just as exciting with or without lyrics.
    Visuals: In the booklet, Gaga adorns jagged, metal wings ranging from black to light silver. Night surrounds her as she stands before a picturesque metropolis.

03. Sirens
    EvilGa strikes in this surreal track. She wreaks havoc and destroys everything in her path. First promotional single.
    Lyrical Content: "Sirens", the first lyric of the chorus is echoed to hell and back, stretched around, and utterly distorted (same pitch). "Si-si-si-rr-re-re-rer-ee-rere-re-reee-ee-eennnnss" to give a more literal interpretation. Gaga stutters around and lyrics spill out of her mouth quickly throughout the song.
    Production: Roaring guitars and electronic shrieks pollute the atmosphere of the song. Heavy basses surface near choruses and near the ending. Gaga smash!
    Visuals: Booklet includes Gaga in front of a burning city, deep in the night. Draped in black fabric, she carries a mythical hammer/scepter on her shoulders while floating. Silver-metallic hair cut near the neck encircles a pale, emotionless face. She could be interpreted as the angel of death.

04. Black Mica
    My favorite title on the album. Third single.
    Lyrical Content: In this song, Gaga sings about feeling drowned in sharp metals as a metaphor for hatred. "Words don't do s*** / Yet the stress leaves me split". Later in the song she wants to use the pieces of metal to cut her oppressors.
    Production: Deep electric guitars plunge the song into the mood. Gaga cries in the background sharp robotic noises. Sounds cool and dark, but with a purpose.
    Visuals: Single cover shows shattered black mica with a screaming visage of Gaga projected upon it. Booklet features Gaga with cloth tied around her mouth, wrists, and ankles. She again has silver-metallic hair cut at the neck. She is suspended from a spiked structure in an industrial warehouse and appears to be screaming in agony. There is a noticeable amount of blood. Music video shows variety of scenes including a lake or ocean made of fragments of black metal to medieval-style torture devices made with modern and metallic materials.

05. Third Eye
    Kinda twisted and disturbing. Unpredictable noises throw the song into a critical chorus that leaves the ears in confusion.
    Lyrical Content: In this song, Gaga takes a sinister twist on the phrase "third eye". She includes lyrics about literally tearing the skin of someone to reveal a third eye. The lyrics can be interpreted as people trying to tear her apart to try to see something she is not.
    Production: Absolutely wicked sounding song. Electronic screams and shouts scatter the song. Rumbling bass buildups anticipate the unknown. The chorus is insanely busy but cuts in and out. Messy, but in a creepily satisfying way.
    Visuals: A small image above the lyrics in the booklet show Gaga's eye. The pupil is minuscule and a red, unnatural appearance to her iris cover most of the eye.

06. Fusion
    Finally! A light, happy song after those three heavy-hitting monstrosities.
    Lyrical content: "La"s and "ooh"s fill some empty spaces of the cycling lyrics about becoming carefree of worries and having fun. Not quite a filler song, but not the most deep song, either.
    Production: A fast, airy, euro-trance style beat bumbles around. Dance-able and fun!
    Visuals: No image for it in the booklet.

Part one of two (maybe three?) depends on how long it takes. I will definitely update later today though!

Keep staying tuned! More track details along with single scheduling to come. And don't forget the album sampler coming soon! :)

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19

TopazBlue
8 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

I think you're good but I don't like the concept at all. :air:

thanks i guess :poot::gaycat:

HOTNebraskaGuy

EvI would make me buy the album. :sis:

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Seeka

I need this to exist.

I am putting it out there into the universe and so hopefully the universe will reward me.

TopazBlue

gurls i didnt write any more today :duck:

it's a bit tiring :laughga:

i'm almost done with the album sampler though, so I might let it speak for itself

at least production parts

we'll see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived