💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would DWUW have performed better had Christina been the original feature?

sexy

Featured Posts

Not taking into account the lack of a music video, do you think DWUW would have performed better had Christina Aguilera been the original featured artist instead of on the remix? 

I personally prefer the R. Kelly version, but it's interesting to note the successes of recent songs that have featured Aguilera (Feel This Moment, Say Something, Moves Like Jagger). Not saying it would've substantially improved DWUW's chart performance, but maybe Top 5? :shrug:

FATCAT

It would have done better if she'd have actually promoted it. ARTPOP wasn't commercially successful because it wasn't promoted, and it was a little behind on the trends.

Purr more, hiss less.

Lucas

I think the presence of R.Kelly and his controversy gave more attention to the song than what Xtina would give, not one even remembers there was a Xtina version of the song I'm pretty sure!

ryanripley

hmm... maybe...

i just wish it was properly promoted because a few people i know dislike gaga but they LOVED DWUW so i wonder how well the solo version would have done too :duck: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

dannydevito

gurl xtina would've taken the song deeper in the charts tbh

Head Empty
3 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

It would have done better if she'd have actually promoted it. ARTPOP wasn't commercially successful because it wasn't promoted, and it was a little behind on the trends.

DWUW had plenty of promo with the exception of the video (AMAs, American Idol, Graham Norton, SNL, X-Factor, Alan Carr). But even though music video's always gave a nice boost to Gaga's sales, they rarely were the most important factor in her succes. Especially if you take into account that most of her video's were released WEEKS after most her singles hit the radio :laughga:.

Her overal momentum was simply decreasing, and it was only logical after all that time of topping the charts.

latina twilight

I've heard R. Kelly's version only one time on radio in my city, while I've heard Xtina's like three or four times.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

31 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

This :diane:

DWUW is one of the best song Gaga has ever written. The problem was she didnt had the time to sort the things out couse of the Venus/DWUW mess and she was getting hate 24/7 that time from media and even some little monsters

blackstar
28 minutes ago, NightOwner said:

I've heard R. Kelly's version only one time on radio in my city, while I've heard Xtina's like three or four times.

Same here. They played Xtina's version at the radio whole summer in 2014 meanwhile R. Kellys version was nowhere to be seen. I remember I was at the beach and I was snatched when I've heard DWUW playing from the bar the becah. :diane:

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

Archived