💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

M.I.A. slams MTV VMAs for 'racism sexism classism elitism'

Coop

Featured Posts

FrankGutz
44 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Nicki is talented though :grr: Stop bringing down artists to make your faves seem better.

meh

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kermit
1 hour ago, Licq said:

Most black americans are just as racist and xenophobic as white americans are anyways, considering both axl rose and ice cube had a career. The white VMAs and black Americans don't want someone who's more progressive than they are 

"Most black Americans are racist and xenophobic."

You base this off of what? Today's music industry is more diverse than it has ever been, you and your preferred artist's accusations of racism are a tad bit irrational. Your generalization is about as racist as you are claiming other communities to be. Most of this issue is not about race, but about the fact that MIA doesn't always appeal to the large crowd of music listeners. You have the audacity to to try and conclude nearly an entire community as racist as you round of a genre to the nearest race (You presumed the white community to rock music and the black community to rap ; one of the most ignorant things someone could do). There are popular songs about political issues, just as there are unpopular songs about political issues. I'm not sure if you're an American, but judging by the boomeranging xenophobia, you're either not or you do not have an appropriate apperception on certain things. I can already sense you're one of those people with poor  communication skills (as you have exampled in several of your posts in this thread), so i'm not going to even bother addressing your statement on "The white VMAs and black Americans don't want someone who's more progressive than they are". You need to find your way with the world.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

AlexanderLevi2
37 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

meh

I actually despise most of MIA's music... But I realize that she is talented. You don't have to like their music to realize other people's talents.

Nicki writes her raps and she is one of the top in her game.

Currently listening to Joanne

SlayedForTheGod

girl nicki can do this cause Anaconda was huge. ive never heard this song or seen the video.

iCpro
4 hours ago, Licq said:

Well it's racist because few south asians are being nominated 

why the **** would they be nominated?

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

River

She took on herself to sing about politics and she's paying the price..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Paper Gangsta
10 hours ago, Licq said:

Well it's racist because few south asians are being nominated 

maybe because few south asians are even mainstram in US. So they should gave nomination to random south asian just to balance it regardless of does the video deserve award or not?

So I guess VMAs are transphobic by that logic cause they didn't nominate any trans? Even homophobic(not sure if any was nominated)

monsterdino
21 hours ago, Red said:

Dear MIA, Nicki has already done this last year. You are late to the party.

Nope MIA is speaking about real WORLD problems that should be stopped! They didn't nominate her because they didn't want "problems" because the video was "too controversial". Plus Nicki's video was atleast nominated for a VMA and was DEFINITELY not worthy of an VOTY she was just bitter that's all and again MIA is talking about real WORLD problems that matter and yet no one wants to speak up about it.

Just now, monsterdino said:

Nope MIA is speaking about real WORLD problems that should be stopped! They didn't nominate her because they didn't want "problems" because the video was "too controversial". Plus Nicki's video was atleast was nominated for a VMA and was DEFINITELY not worthy of an VOTY she was just bitter that's all and again MIA is talking about real WORLD problems that matter and yet no one wants to speak up about it.

They didn't nominate her because they didn't want to nominate her. As they didn't want to nominate many other artists, black and white. The end.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

monsterdino
11 minutes ago, Red said:

They didn't nominate her because they didn't want to nominate her. As they didn't want to nominate many other artists, black and white. The end.

Did you watch the video? I'm not talking about MIA being a black artist Im talking about the VIDEO, which shows refugees that are running away from their country because of the war and they have to run away to another country and live in the streets because they don't want to accept them and that's a real problem!

monsterdino
21 hours ago, DominicB said:

Getting tired of every artist who screams victimization, when their art class paintings aren't put in the school's hallway. :awkney:

Also, if you made a song that was intended for political issues, you shouldn't be expecting awards or anything of materialistic value, in return. It makes you look like an egotistical money grabber.

Oh ok so racism, sexism, classism and elitism are too taboo to speak up about so we should just pretend like they dont exist? What's wrong with you and the 39 people that liked this?

EDIT: Born This Way sure did have awards and materalistic value in return for the good message why should this message not get one?

monsterdino
21 hours ago, Sycamore said:

I like her and she is right, but only speaking up when your OWN work is not appreciated is kind of pretentious.

She is not talking about the her song not being appreciated she just gave us an example how the world is still racist and sexist, which she talks about many times on twitter or whatever social media she's on but the problem is that just this made it to a GGD topic.

monsterdino
1 hour ago, Britney Spears said:

Lmao I thought she had some brain

I thought you were well not racist.

Archived