question

Would Single Ladies be better if it were just Beyoncé

Thomas P

Would it  

31 members have voted

1. 1. This is reducive

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Sometimes I think it would be just as effective if single ladies was just Beyoncé and not with the other two dancers.

(btw the video just hit 500million views)

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

tomsches

I think the choreography works better in groups

donutellha

I prefer it with the background dancers.

"Bayonse tried to reunite destins child but it didn't feel right without 100% bayonse"

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Gallus

This bitch didn't preform this song in Milano on The Formation Worlf Tour:grr:Why queen B?:stalkga:

RadioIsOurs

But its Single Ladies. It works to the effect of the song that there are other women who are joining Beyonce as well, not just her alone.

Bebe

Nah, there would have been too much space. The choreography is also better in the group, the backup dancers offer some variation in movement which makes it more interesting and also helps Beyonce pop out more.

The choreo is so bad in my opinion its just so weird and not human like I wouldn't like it unless the dancing was better

River

it doesn't matter, the video is cheap and overrated.. can u imagine the backlash that gaga would get if she would film a video like that?!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

ItsTommyBitch

The whole point of the video is that she's taking inspiration from J-setting, Referring to the style of the "Prancing J-Settes" an all female dance team from Jackson State University. It.requires at least 1 leader and then a group of people. The leader does a move, then the group follows in perfect sync after a certain amount of time. It's around 50 years old.

It's still done today in certain parts of the country and is even embraced by the Queer Black community in competition :sara:  It's one of those dance styles that has way more culture than people realize. Not sure just how widespread it is, but it's not an isolated thing. It's probably just less popular than like, real voguing I'd guess :shrug:

Anyway no, but you are welcome for the history lesson :sis: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

24 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

The choreo is so bad in my opinion its just so weird and not human like I wouldn't like it unless the dancing was better

Now this is a music video with some cool dancing

PatrickMonster

no, the other dancers saved the video, bey is pretty awkward to watch doing the choreo

DemeLarell
1 hour ago, UK Monster said:

Ummm... This dance slays. This "not human dance" comes from the black gay ballroom culture as well as uncut dance culture.... :awkney:

1 hour ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

The whole point of the video is that she's taking inspiration from J-setting, Referring to the style of the "Prancing J-Settes" an all female dance team from Jackson State University. It.requires at least 1 leader and then a group of people. The leader does a move, then the group follows in perfect sync after a certain amount of time. It's around 50 years old.

It's still done today in certain parts of the country and is even embraced by the Queer Black community in competition :sara:  It's one of those dance styles that has way more culture than people realize. Not sure just how widespread it is, but it's not an isolated thing. It's probably just less popular than like, real voguing I'd guess

Anyway no, but you are welcome for the history lesson  

Nobody asked :neyde:...... Jk lol just quoting this in response to the first quote. 

1 hour ago, River said:

it doesn't matter, the video is cheap and overrated.. can u imagine the backlash that gaga would get if she would film a video like that?!

Cheap and overrated ....or simple and iconic??? Lady Gaga would have slayed everything is he did a video like this.... Ppl seem to love simplicity lol:huh:

Archived