Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

"Rise" Becomes KP's Top Peaking Song in France

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

"Rise" has debuted at #3 on the French charts. 

This is a big accomplishment for Katy because it is her highest charting song in France. 

Looks like this song could be a worldwide hit for her. 

I Kissed A Girl: #5
Hot N Cold: #10
Thinking of You: #11

California Gurls: #5
Teenage Dream: #75
Firework: #7
E.T.: #10
Last Friday Night: #22
The One That Got Away: #30

Part of Me: #13
Wide Awake: #33

Roar: #5
Unconditionally: #38
Dark Horse: #6
Birthday: #57
This Is How We Do: #41

Rise: #3 (so far)

Further down on the chart, Britney's "Make Me", debuts at #11.  It out peaks "Hold It Against Me" and "Pretty Girls"

giphy.gif

Source: http://www.snepmusique.com/tops-semaine/top-singles-telecharges/?ye=2016&we=29

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

This song can rest in piss :saladga:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Yuuri
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Her ARTPOP era, people said?

Well to be fair, this is her TIHTY era, Rise isn't the lead.

Dominic

Wow. I'm surprised she hasn't gotten a #1 in France before considering how global she is but well done anyway. 

I really like the song, it's fast become my favourite of the year. It's a different sound from Katy (her singles anyway) so I'm glad people are receptive to it.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

Wow. I'm surprised she hasn't gotten a #1 in France before considering how global she is but well done anyway. 

I really like the song, it's fast become my favourite of the year. It's a different sound from Katy (her singles anyway) so I'm glad people are receptive to it.

Yea, the French seem to definitely prefer Gaga.

Just Dance: #14
Poker Face: #1
Eh, Eh: #7
LoveGame: #5
Paparazzi: #6

Bad Romance: #1
Telephone: #3
Alejandro: #3

Born This Way: #2
Judas: #7
The Edge of Glory: #7
You and I: #98
Marry the Night: #50

Applause: #3
Do What U Want: #8
G.U.Y.: #92

Till It Happens to You: #46

Paper Gangsta
5 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

I think this has to do with new French chart rule with streaming included

Fiona Apple
13 minutes ago, Misaki said:

she will probably change it to her lead.She is even releasing a different music video now

Just now, Britney Spears said:

she will probably change it to her lead.She is even releasing a different music video now

hi britney

Didymus
11 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Well, then let's compare it to that :nick:

Rise: #3

Til It Happens to You: #46

The point was: I've seen so many people here desperate enough to be "certain" of the fact that Katy will experience her commercial downfall in 2016-7 (funny, since that's exactly what they were certain of after Teenage Dream), I just wanted to make a comment about how it's useless to pretend every artist even needs an era equivalent to the commercial disappointment and general public disinterest that many link to ARTPOP because you don't like certain people.

Things are already looking well for Katy, and that's just something this fanbase will have to deal with.

Creyk
2 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

That was always the plan though, since day 1

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

The point was: I've seen so many people here desperate enough to be "certain" of the fact that Katy will experience her commercial downfall in 2016-7 (funny, since that's exactly what they were certain of after Teenage Dream), I just wanted to make a comment about how it's useless to pretend every artist even needs an era equivalent to the commercial disappointment and general public disinterest that many link to ARTPOP because you don't like certain people.

Things are already looking well for Katy, and that's just something this fanbase will have to deal with.

I get your point, but in all honesty, Katy's not doing better with Rise than Gaga with Applause. Not in sales, not on radio, not in youtube views, not in media attention, not in relative sales (to the other songs, so taking into consideration the sales decline past few years). Rise is #36 on French iTunes after a week. #3 in the first week means nothing if you jump out of the top 40 the week after :emma: 

kabirartfling

YAAAAS KATY, Rise on those charts :woohoo:

ps: i hated her,but her demand is undenieble so....:toofunny:

Give your love to me

Ronlop
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

On the contrary, after a successful era like Prism, 'Rise' is definitely so far under performing compared to some of her other singles. 

Let me just remind you that this is not a track that was released off an already existing album campaign, it's a new Katy Perry song. Olympics Promo Track or an official lead single? Doesn't quite matter. 

What I am seeing is a #9 tracking song on US iTunes and low radio airplay which is why it's safe to say that this is not a successful campaign for Katy's standards. It might become a smash hit, we don't know. 

Archived