Twin Peaks

The Surrealist

Shall we do a (re-)watch?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Twin Peaks (Re)watch

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

twinpeaks_logo.jpg

Today I want to introduce my fellow GagaDaily members to the television series 'Twin Peaks'.

'Twin Peaks is an American television serial drama created by Mark Frost and David Lynch. It follows an investigation headed by FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) into the murder of homecoming queen Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee) in the fictional town of Twin Peaks, Washington. Its pilot episode was broadcast on April 8, 1990 on ABC.'

It explores the small-town life and the secrets behind one. As the series progresses, the inner darkness of characters who initially appeared innocent is revealed, and they are seen to lead double lives. Its unsettling tone and supernatural features are consistent withhorror films.

The first season contained eight episodes and the second 22 episodes. It was cancelled due to declining ratings. The series became incredible popular in the nineties and is credited a lot in pop culture. On October 6th of 2014 it was confirmed that the series would return for a limited series of 18 episodes to air on Showtime in 2017 because of its popularity and mystery.

I don't want to spoil too much of the story or the characters itself, but I can say that all of the actors are superb. The soundtrack composed by Angelo Badalamenti is an amazing storyteller and creates a mythical atmosphere. 

A lot of the actors and actresses are well-known for example Kyle MacLachlan, who has been in the TV show 'Portlandia' and movie 'Inside Out' ever since and Mädchen Amick who appeared for a guest role in the fifth season of American Horror Story.

1421155773_twin-peaks-zoom.jpg

tumblr_nwbzdnCEVX1rqsdoqo1_r1_500.png

Also the beauty and talent of some of the lead actors and actresses:

twin-peaks-cast.jpg

(Sheryl Lee, Sherilyn Fenn and Dana Ashbrook)

Twin Peaks went on to inspire many shows such as Wayward Pines and American Horror Story in 2016.

Despite being filmed in 1990, the series never feels old or boring. It's competitive with a lot of tv shows today and feels really modern.

A lot of fans of TP advise to watch it at least until Episode 3 of the first Season because that's when the real mystery kicks in and the show's charm comes on.

In 1992, David Lynch decided to turn Twin Peaks into a movie and called it 'Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me' starring David Bowie in a guest role.

Season 3 is coming in the first quartal of 2017 and contains some big names such as Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, James Belushi, Monica Belucci, Michael Cera, David Duchovny, Jennifer Jason Leigh,  Sara Paxton, Tim Roth, Elena Satine and Sky Ferreira.

The show won three Golden Globes and received several Emmy nominations, it was also one of the first shows to support a LGBT+ character. Don't be fooled by the impression of quirkiness.

I wanted to do a weekly rewatch with all of you, if you want to. Just vote.

bionic

When is the reboot (or is it a sequel now? :laughga: ) out? The original show was so good but often slow.

buy bionic

The Surrealist
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

When is the reboot (or is it a sequel now? :laughga: ) out? The original show was so good but often slow.

In Q1 of 2017. It is a sequel or continuation of the original show with almost all of the original actors.

Didymus

Who cried during the first episode when the school principal makes the announcement (no spoiling, I guess) to the classes? *raises hand*

That's why I loved the show. I didn't know anything about the characters yet and that didn't stop me from being completely captivated, and emotionally invested :applause: 

They better not **** it up :interestinga: 

The Surrealist
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Who cried during the first episode when the school principal makes the announcement (no spoiling, I guess) to the classes? *raises hand*

That's why I loved the show. I didn't know anything about the characters yet and that didn't stop me from being completely captivated, and emotionally invested :applause: 

Yes. It keeps you invested the whole time even in the more slower parts. I really wanted Gaga to have a role in the 2017 reboot after seeing her on AHS. She would fit in so much.

crisTEAne

yes, please. the "ending" still haunts me. i'm so in! :icega:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

The Surrealist
9 minutes ago, T E A said:

the "ending" still haunts me. 

One of the best season finales in TV history. :diane:

crisTEAne
1 minute ago, Sycamore said:

One of the best season finales in TV history. :diane:

six feet under comes pretty close, tho. :giveup: 

The Surrealist
3 minutes ago, T E A said:

six feet under comes pretty close, tho. :giveup: 

giphy.gif

crisTEAne
12 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

giphy.gif

this gif alone. :ohno: 

giphy.gif

you know what's interesting? i remembered that the song during the montage sequence of the finale touched me and made me cry like a baby, and perhaps i even downloaded the song back then, but i didn't pay much attention to the singer. i realized it was freaking sia only a few months ago. :smh: 

The Surrealist
1 minute ago, T E A said:

this gif alone. :ohno: 

giphy.gif

you know what's interesting? i remembered that the song during the montage sequence of the finale touched me and made me cry like a baby, and perhaps i even downloaded the song back then, but i didn't pay much attention to the singer. i only realized it was freaking sia a few months ago. :smh: 

It is my go-to cry song. Wonderful lyrics and the live version on KCRW is incredible, the 'scream' at the end haunts me everytime.

aquariumlust

The falls in the credits and the diner are about a half hour outside Seattle where I live and they wrapped filming for the reboot not too long ago!

I have lots of pics from that area on my insta if anyone is interested: @designjoshua 

The Surrealist
3 hours ago, aquariumlust said:

The falls in the credits and the diner are about a half hour outside Seattle where I live and they wrapped filming for the reboot not too long ago!

I have lots of pics from that area on my insta if anyone is interested: @designjoshua 

Wow, that's so cool. Thanks for sharing.

Archived