💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé, Rihanna & more: 23 ways to killed if your black in America

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The idea behind this project is noble but its execution is all wrong. The way it's phrased makes it sound as if you can only be killed for these reasons if you're black and that's completely false. Here goes this whole uniqueness message spread by BLM - they think they are the only ones who suffer like this. The amount of white people being killed by cops is so hidden away from the media because no one wants to report on it or read about it. It's not part of the agenda. The media and the public at large are determined to paint all whites as ignorant racists who never have a thing to worry about and its not true. Not saying that there aren't people like this but to paint them all as guilty and every other race as constantly innocent victims isn't right. The aim in life is to tell the truth about a situation, lay down the facts and figures, present balance. Even if you don't like what you find. And I'm afraid there's just too much anti-white propaganda around at the moment and it's really unbalanced, overly generalised and hateful.

The facts remain that black on black crime and black on white crime is higher than white on black crime. Now, that's not to say that there aren't reasons why lots of blacks are acting out but regardless of the situation, the facts are the facts. Committing crime against other races is rarely down to racism, just circumstance. And most people commit crime against their own race (most white crime is committed against other whites too). Despite only making up 13% of the US population, the amount of blacks committing crime in the US is about 3x higher than their population. Despite being out-numbered 5 to 1, blacks commit 8x more crimes against whites and vice versa. These may be unfortunate statistics, but they're the truth. With all this crime going on and the amount of blacks being killed by other blacks, what BLM should be focusing on is "Why are we killing each other?" Focus on the bigger issue at hand. If a large portion of your community is killing off other portions of your community, you've got to address this. Instead of focusing on what happens when the law gets involved in black crime, focus on stopping the black crime to begin with. But no, it's easier to make whites look bad than to tackle the actual root of the problem.

And actually, whites are twice as likely to be shot by cops than blacks. The Center For Disease Control and Prevention has claimed that between 1999 and 2011, there were 2,151 whites shot by cops, compared to 1,130 blacks. Death is bad news all round, sure, but the facts remain. And those statistics are the ones the media doesn't want you to see.

As a European, I've always found American cops scary (well, any police officer, really). Since I was a little kid, I always imagined it must be real scary to walk around in America where policemen can carry guns. It's the one thing that puts me off going to America, much as I'd like to. The gun laws are ridiculous. The gun culture is out of control. It's easier to buy a gun than it is to do most things there. I'd tense up every time a police car passed by if I lived there because it's in a world where police can use deadly force for little slights. And it doesn't really seem to matter who you are. That's the way the rest of the world looks at America, of all races. Yet, the people of the country only think police brutality affects one race. Very strange. Before all else, America needs to work out better gun control, or even better, just ban it all. That's the biggest problem where it all takes root and yet it's the one that nothing ever changes.

The facts are true, and I am Canadian so the gun control is something that I really think needs to happen there too, but in a lot of the cases against the black civilians it was for no reason and that's why there is higher medal coverage, and plus it's opening up a door for a much greater conversation.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry
5 hours ago, Gaga Monster said:

It is not as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Most people who get killed either attack the police or don't follow directions. Most police are good people who just want to help people

You are vile

StrawberryBlond
12 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

The facts are true, and I am Canadian so the gun control is something that I really think needs to happen there too, but in a lot of the cases against the black civilians it was for no reason and that's why there is higher medal coverage, and plus it's opening up a door for a much greater conversation.

Indeed, but a lot of the "no reason" can come out of paranoia that the person MIGHT have a gun. In America, everyone assumes that everyone has a gun. If police see you slowly put a hand into your breast pocket of your jacket, they're going to be on hyper alert. That doesn't happen in countries where guns are illegal. Police aren't as suspicious and trigger happy because they know there's limited threat. The fact that guns are readily available is the problem at the root of it all. Gun supporters will have you believe that the most gun-holders are law abiding citizens who just like to protect themselves should trouble arise. But the fact is that a ton of guns are also in the hands of remorseless criminals. So you have to buy a gun to protect yourself in case one of them comes a-knocking. Good guys buy guns to protect themselves against the bad guys with guns. And the cycle goes around and around...When you think you NEED a gun, there's a problem.

But granted, there have been some cases where there could simply be no other reason than sheer racism. I'm just saying that a lot of other factors can come to the fore as well. Blaming it 100% on racism is rather short-sighted in a world where there is so much potential for gun violence and therefore, a breeding ground for paranoid cops who take things too far in the heat of the moment.

Gaga Monster
21 minutes ago, Harry said:

You are vile

How is that vile. More black people kill black people than cops kill innocent blacks. It is pretty rare for a cop to kill an African American for doing nothing, the only instance I saw was last week and 1 or 2 last year

GGD Presidential Elections

Harry
Just now, Gaga Monster said:

How is that vile. More black people kill black people than cops kill innocent blacks. It is pretty rare for a cop to kill an African American for doing nothing, the only instance I saw was last week and 1 or 2 last year

The casual nature in which you approach this is vile. The fact you try to brush it off like it's nothing is vile. The way you try to bring up other issues and statistics (without using any sources) to try and invalidate the senseless taking of human life is vile. Where is your humanity?

Black on black murder is a problem, but so is white on white murder. Who would deny it? But the fact that police are responsible for so many murders of innocent people - the ones who are supposed to protect - is undeniably awful.

You can try and pull the "cops kill more whites than blacks" crap all you like, but there's over five times as many white people in America than blacks. Adjust the victims as percentages of their respective race, and:

OjwRgk9.png

x3 likelier. Why are you so insistent on pretending this doesn't exist?

FATCAT
7 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Are these are incidents that happened with the cause only being blackness?

Could these not have happened to people of other colour?

I don't know anything about these situations. But I mean if a white man was seen holding up a gun in public, would he not have gotten any reaction?

Also, this just came to me, is there no black people in the police? Why is it like Blacks vs. Police?

It's not that these cases couldn't happen to anyone, it's that they're happening to black Americans at an astonishing frequency.

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
5 hours ago, Mast said:

I loved when he said "But Guacamole?? ;D"

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

x3 likelier. Why are you so insistent on pretending this doesn't exist?

Because most likely, they haven't expereince prejudice the way that many men and women of color do. If you're white, or could pass as white, you're much more likely to disregard the idea that racism is still around because you don't experience it first hand.

It's kind of like saying  "no one has to carry around a cell phone everyday", because you don't have anyone to talk to. It doesn't mean others don't have people to talk to. You might not experience the racism, but it's out there.

Purr more, hiss less.

Harry
16 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Because most likely, they haven't expereince prejudice the way that many men and women of color do. If you're white, or could pass as white, you're much more likely to disregard the idea that racism is still around because you don't experience it first hand.

It's kind of like saying  "no one has to carry around a cell phone everyday", because you don't have anyone to talk to. It doesn't mean others don't have people to talk to. You might not experience the racism, but it's out there.

Absolutely. And it's a total shame that we as white people can be so short sighted. Honestly though, to begin with I think it's understandable. If you're relatively young and/or uneducated, how would you know it goes on? Let alone understand it. But now there's no excuse. It's everywhere, and it's obvious.

There was probably a time when I was younger in which I didn't think it was "that bad" because I never heard about it or looked into it. But in an age where we all have the internet available to us and therefore virtually unlimited information, that level of ignorance cannot be justified. So many white people have a problem with it because they feel like if they accept it, they accept responsibility as the perpetrators of all racism lol. It's way easier to exist in ignorance, I suppose, because you can just exist in a white bubble and pretend everything is fine. Which I guess it is if you're white lol.

I love Jane Elliott and I think her attitude and knowledge towards race/equality as a white person is so admirable and inspiring. If anyone is reading this I'd definitely recommend watching these (and many other videos on YouTube with her):

This one is also interesting. This was years ago, but so many of the things she says are relevant now even more than ever.

FATCAT
2 hours ago, Harry said:

I watched this whole episode the other night, and I only wish more people get to sit down and watch it.

Purr more, hiss less.

Thomas P
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Absolutely. And it's a total shame that we as white people can be so short sighted. Honestly though, to begin with I think it's understandable. If you're relatively young and/or uneducated, how would you know it goes on? Let alone understand it. But now there's no excuse. It's everywhere, and it's obvious.

There was probably a time when I was younger in which I didn't think it was "that bad" because I never heard about it or looked into it. But in an age where we all have the internet available to us and therefore virtually unlimited information, that level of ignorance cannot be justified. So many white people have a problem with it because they feel like if they accept it, they accept responsibility as the perpetrators of all racism lol. It's way easier to exist in ignorance, I suppose, because you can just exist in a white bubble and pretend everything is fine. Which I guess it is if you're white lol.

I love Jane Elliott and I think her attitude and knowledge towards race/equality as a white person is so admirable and inspiring. If anyone is reading this I'd definitely recommend watching these (and many other videos on YouTube with her):

This one is also interesting. This was years ago, but so many of the things she says are relevant now even more than ever.

The videos are amazing!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, Harry said:

See, it saddens me to see whites be so hard on themselves. If you know you're not racist, there's no need to keep saying "we whites." I always say "some white people," but I never generalise. I refuse to put myself into a category that I know I don't belong to. Anyone of any race can be young and/or uneducated, why are whites the only ones who are demonised for having racist views if they're from this demographic? Why are whites the only ones who can be racist? The racism I've heard from non-whites is astounding and they get away with it. People even laugh. It's disgusting.

Look, even growing up in a basically all-white area and still living in that same area to this day, I never even came close to being a racist. Even though my dad is still locked in the past on that front (though he's come on in leaps and bounds recently thanks to me), I never learned any bad habits from him. No one ever taught me not to be racist. I simply knew instinctively that bullying was wrong, hating people for being different to you was wrong. I was always the odd one out, I know how that feels. Before I even started researching race issues, I knew the score. Indeed, the internet filled me in on stuff outside my world. I'm the anti-racist. So, in no way am I going to personally accept responsibility for any racial problems just because certain people want to define me on the colour of my skin (how ironic). I do accept these racial difficulties...the genuine ones. There's a whole lot of false ones, which I'm about to go into. It's certain people who want to stuff this agenda down our throats of our "refusal to accept" things. It's utter slander and it seriously infuriates me how our intelligence is disrespected. The fact you put "lol" after these sentances shows just how ingrained this agenda is towards whites. It's funny, we get stereotyped as the ones who have the opportunities for education and then we get called stupid and ignorant. I don't like it when people twist things. I do not exist in a white bubble. I am 100% of the way that other races are oppressed (and not just blacks, which always seems to be the ultimate focus, when I'm trying to raise the profile of all races). But some people just take things way too far. Their oppression makes them arrogant. Being a woman, I've experienced female arrogance in feminism and I don't stand for it. I won't stand for it from any other oppressed group either. Some of them don't realise that they're asking for better treatment, not equal treatment.

Now, Jane Elliot. Oh, how I despise that woman. She's so up her own arse. She's the epitome of this agenda I spoke of - whites guilt tripping themselves into believing they're the blame, that whites are always guilty, that minorities are better. She may not THINK this is what she's saying but she is. I despair when people boost up her ridiculous experiment. She has a good idea but executes it all wrong. She assumes all these whites are privileged and assumes they have had no trouble in their lives. She allows the brown eyes to become arrogant and never questions them for it. She twists things whenever any of the blue eyes come up with a good point that throws her experiment out the window. She removes anyone from the room who's starting to make the experiment interesting. What would be a good way of doing things would be to challenge the brown eyes when they start laughing at the blue eyes and ask them what is funny...and then ask why the abuse is funny when it's not happening to them, but when it is happening to them, there's a problem. Point out the double standard. Then she could discuss the ways in which we all suffer and that we have more in common than we think. All her experiments do is cause anger and divisions, nothing is changed.

The bit where she puts down the girl for not taking notes always gets me. Because I've had several teachers in my life put me down just like that. And I've always been a good student who's done everything I'm told. I've never given a teacher a reason to be mean to me. Yet, I've experienced being picked on by teachers. I'm white, they were white. So, what's with this myth that only black students get picked on by white teachers? What is with this myth that blacks aren't given the attention they need in school? It's utter nonsense. Yet, all these blacks were nodding and saying: "Yes, I've been through this, this is what black kids go through every day." It's just regular teacher bullying, it's nothing to do with race! And notice when the girl stands next to the black guy and the class is asked to pick out what's different about them. She's then asked if her gender is important to her and she says no. Jane is surprised by this and can't handle the girl's intelligent answer that exposes how useless this experiment is, so what does she do? Twist it to fit her agenda. So that she always wins. She's despicable. As for the shows she does for live audiences, the people are always the worst representatives (most of them are pretty stupid and the Americans in particular are complete pushovers). If I was in that audience, I'd give her a piece of my mind. She'd eject me in 2 seconds when she realises that I'm finding holes in her perfect theory. Point is, we've all suffered bullying and nastiness and we're all going through pain in the world. We need to realise that we have more in common than we think. What we think is a unique experience that's so personal may actually be more widespread across all demographics than we realise. There's nothing wrong with a harsh experiment to open up ignorant people's eyes...but it's got to end in unity, love, understanding, respect for all. We have to be nice to everyone regardless of our races. We need to stop seeing each other as enemies, stop breeding arrogance within oppression, stop thinking certain things are racially charged when they're not.

Harry
22 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

See, it saddens me to see whites be so hard on themselves. If you know you're not racist, there's no need to keep saying "we whites." I always say "some white people," but I never generalise. I refuse to put myself into a category that I know I don't belong to. Anyone of any race can be young and/or uneducated, why are whites the only ones who are demonised for having racist views if they're from this demographic? Why are whites the only ones who can be racist? The racism I've heard from non-whites is astounding and they get away with it. People even laugh. It's disgusting.

Look, even growing up in a basically all-white area and still living in that same area to this day, I never even came close to being a racist. Even though my dad is still locked in the past on that front (though he's come on in leaps and bounds recently thanks to me), I never learned any bad habits from him. No one ever taught me not to be racist. I simply knew instinctively that bullying was wrong, hating people for being different to you was wrong. I was always the odd one out, I know how that feels. Before I even started researching race issues, I knew the score. Indeed, the internet filled me in on stuff outside my world. I'm the anti-racist. So, in no way am I going to personally accept responsibility for any racial problems just because certain people want to define me on the colour of my skin (how ironic). I do accept these racial difficulties...the genuine ones. There's a whole lot of false ones, which I'm about to go into. It's certain people who want to stuff this agenda down our throats of our "refusal to accept" things. It's utter slander and it seriously infuriates me how our intelligence is disrespected. The fact you put "lol" after these sentances shows just how ingrained this agenda is towards whites. It's funny, we get stereotyped as the ones who have the opportunities for education and then we get called stupid and ignorant. I don't like it when people twist things. I do not exist in a white bubble. I am 100% of the way that other races are oppressed (and not just blacks, which always seems to be the ultimate focus, when I'm trying to raise the profile of all races). But some people just take things way too far. Their oppression makes them arrogant. Being a woman, I've experienced female arrogance in feminism and I don't stand for it. I won't stand for it from any other oppressed group either. Some of them don't realise that they're asking for better treatment, not equal treatment.

Now, Jane Elliot. Oh, how I despise that woman. She's so up her own arse. She's the epitome of this agenda I spoke of - whites guilt tripping themselves into believing they're the blame, that whites are always guilty, that minorities are better. She may not THINK this is what she's saying but she is. I despair when people boost up her ridiculous experiment. She has a good idea but executes it all wrong. She assumes all these whites are privileged and assumes they have had no trouble in their lives. She allows the brown eyes to become arrogant and never questions them for it. She twists things whenever any of the blue eyes come up with a good point that throws her experiment out the window. She removes anyone from the room who's starting to make the experiment interesting. What would be a good way of doing things would be to challenge the brown eyes when they start laughing at the blue eyes and ask them what is funny...and then ask why the abuse is funny when it's not happening to them, but when it is happening to them, there's a problem. Point out the double standard. Then she could discuss the ways in which we all suffer and that we have more in common than we think. All her experiments do is cause anger and divisions, nothing is changed.

The bit where she puts down the girl for not taking notes always gets me. Because I've had several teachers in my life put me down just like that. And I've always been a good student who's done everything I'm told. I've never given a teacher a reason to be mean to me. Yet, I've experienced being picked on by teachers. I'm white, they were white. So, what's with this myth that only black students get picked on by white teachers? What is with this myth that blacks aren't given the attention they need in school? It's utter nonsense. Yet, all these blacks were nodding and saying: "Yes, I've been through this, this is what black kids go through every day." It's just regular teacher bullying, it's nothing to do with race! And notice when the girl stands next to the black guy and the class is asked to pick out what's different about them. She's then asked if her gender is important to her and she says no. Jane is surprised by this and can't handle the girl's intelligent answer that exposes how useless this experiment is, so what does she do? Twist it to fit her agenda. So that she always wins. She's despicable. As for the shows she does for live audiences, the people are always the worst representatives (most of them are pretty stupid and the Americans in particular are complete pushovers). If I was in that audience, I'd give her a piece of my mind. She'd eject me in 2 seconds when she realises that I'm finding holes in her perfect theory. Point is, we've all suffered bullying and nastiness and we're all going through pain in the world. We need to realise that we have more in common than we think. What we think is a unique experience that's so personal may actually be more widespread across all demographics than we realise. There's nothing wrong with a harsh experiment to open up ignorant people's eyes...but it's got to end in unity, love, understanding, respect for all. We have to be nice to everyone regardless of our races. We need to stop seeing each other as enemies, stop breeding arrogance within oppression, stop thinking certain things are racially charged when they're not.

Prejudism undoubtedly exists. Racism isn’t as simple as “I’m white and I hate blacks!” and I think people like you need to understand that. I’ve seen you make sweeping generalisations about black people on here before so it feels very ironic to see you say this kinda thing. Whites are undeniably the dominant race in the Western world so clearly racism from them hits harder and with more impact than a black person making a joke about a white person. Don’t you think after the years and years of systematic oppression suffered by blacks, a “white people be like” meme pales a little in comparison?

That’s good for you. But the amount of times you’ve laid this “I’m not a racist” spiel on this forum makes me wonder. This is your first post in this thread, you quoted me. No one exactly accused you of being in the KKK, did they? You don’t have to accept responsibility but you can at least acknowledge a problem and educate yourself on it rather than adamantly DENY it and cover your tracks. If those tracks don’t exist, why are you giving us your personal backstory to cover your ass? Are you feeling guilty?

“Their oppression makes them arrogant” - can’t you understand why? If you felt the level of judgement faced by black people in America from the moment you were born you’d probably be quite angry, too. I don’t think asking to not have your innocent men shot down in the street is asking for better treatment. You’re struggling to understand the magnitude of this.

Jane Elliot’s experiment has gone over your head. “She allows the brown eyes to become arrogant and never questions them for it” - that’s her intention. People get put in a position of power socially and naturally feel superior thus deny any oppression faced by others. Sound familiar? I’ve never seen her remove someone from the room. She puts the blue eyed people down on purpose. It’s literally the whole point. I saw a girl leave the room but it was her choice because she couldn’t handle it. Also sounds familiar to me. If you’ve seen the film you’d see her tell all the people afterwards that the whole thing goes against everything she stands for but it’s her belief that the experiment makes it’s point and has seen exceptional results. You can have your opinion over her methods, but no offence, I trust POC who have actually felt that prejudice and scholars over you.

There’s actually a girl in one of the experiments like you. Who starts crying about how she has suffered. But it’s not the same thing. Are you an “All Lives Matter” advocate, by any chance? Because it’s the same principle. You’d rather not focus in on the issues of one group because it makes you feel uncomfortable. “WE ALL HAVE OUR PROBLEMS :’(“ is such an ignorant dismissal of the genuine and massive issues faced by people of colour. No one is saying you don’t have issues. Her experiments make people relate to the struggles of others. Compassion. The only people that are angry about it are the people who’d rather do nothing. Can it not be about you for just five minutes? Can you discuss the oppression of others for a small amount of time? You say you’re about equality but I’ve only ever seen you recognise and discuss misogyny. I.e. something that affects you. Funny that.

Once again, you missed the point. She’s not genuinely trying to put her down. It’s an act. The clue’s literally in the title. Experiment. EXPERIMENT. But once again, it comes back to you. How the hell would you know what black kids feel like? I’ve seen you say numerous times how ironic it feels to have a man tell a woman about sexism. You probably shiver in disgust whenever a man dismisses obvious misogyny as “not a big deal” or equivalent phrase. Can’t you see how that works in this situation? A white person telling black people how they should just get over it? I’m honestly shocked that someone who preaches equality can’t see how frankly disgusting that is. No one was talking about teachers here, YOU brought that up.

“There's nothing wrong with a harsh experiment to open up ignorant people's eyes...but it's got to end in unity, love, understanding, respect for all.” That’s literally what she preaches. She cries regularly about racism. I’ve rarely seen a person be so genuinely upset and compassionate for a cause that doesn’t affect her. Her mission is clear… Her life work is fighting to end racism but you think she’s against unity? What kind of logic… There’s disagreeing with her methods and then there’s twisting it.

If you want to talk about your bullying and suffering then go make a thread about it. This is about racism. Stop trying to shut down the conversation. It makes you a part of the problem.

iCpro

Jesus for the 'greatest country on earth' America is well and truly ****ed :saladga:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Archived