💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP was a commercial success

DiscoStyx

Featured Posts

DiscoStyx

... according to Wikipedia:

"The album received generally mixed reviews from music critics, but was commercially successful, debuting at number one on the United States Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 258,000 copies, becoming Gaga's second consecutive number-one record in the United States and selling 757,000 copies.[2] It also topped national record charts in five additional countries, and charted within the top ten in over twenty. ARTPOP was the ninth best seller album of 2013 with 2.3 million copies worldwide. It was included in several year-end lists by music critics and publications.[3][4]"

What do you think? I'm always hearing about it being a flop or at least commercially disappointing vis à vis the rest of her career.

PS: ARTPOP is my favorite album so far :wub:

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM

Compared to her past albums, and to her peers in 2013, no.

meghan-trainor-no-cover.jpg

Not a flop but an underperformance.

DiscoStyx
1 minute ago, Nino said:

I already had my fill of this nonsense in 2014 :madge:

I was not here back then :emma: Plus, what are we supposed to talk about? LG5 era? :wtfga:

venusfly

It was a commercially successful album in literal terms, the only time its been labeled as not commercially successful is when its compared to the person who released it. ARTPOP had low sales for someone at the size of Gaga, someone who dominated the pop scene as strongly as she did should be able to squeeze FAR over 2.5m sales.

However in normal terms 2.5m is successful.

When it's compared to Born This Way, and when you look at the mess around the single releases and music videos and how that affected radio play, it looked less successful than it was.

Computer

It was :sara:

I love the good parts of that album so much :giveup:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

FATCAT

It was a commercial mess.

Applause and DWUW were semi successful, but the album as a whole, was not.

Purr more, hiss less.

3 minutes ago, gaganow said:

I was not here back then :emma: Plus, what are we supposed to talk about? LG5 era? :wtfga:

Imagine the forum being super popular and this specific "ARTPOP didn't flop" discussion being a more popular topic than talking about LG5. The new threads and the number of threads steered off topic by it were insane.

DiscoStyx
2 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

I see you had to bring up ARTPOP again

I'm gonna surgically remove your lips

:derpga:

I actually regretted posted this topic as soon as I posted it. :emma: I didn't think about the mess it could be and the hate I could get :icega:

DiscoStyx
1 minute ago, Nino said:

Imagine the forum being super popular and this specific "ARTPOP didn't flop" discussion being a more popular topic than talking about LG5. The new threads and the number of threads steered off topic by it were insane.

Oh :huh:

:queenga: She should be proud of the whole ARTPOP era it should be viewed as a success. My only wish was for it to have gone on for longer and I wanted a couple more videos but the music was good quality and dwuw was big here

Yuuri

Honestly ARTPOP could have been her most successful album, but things like her manager quits of her, DWUW music video, I'm glad she didn't try to save the era and instead left a beautiful music video with a great meaning.

Archived