5. Applause 250.8M

Most popular music videos on beyonceVEVO (via YouTube):

1. Single Ladies 494.9M

2. Halo 404M

3. Drunk in Love 369M

4. Run The World 317M

5. Crazy In Love 241M

DeanWinchester

Let's not do this. Beyonce owns Gaga in many other metrics. It's not our fault Gaga is delaying LG5

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Bradley

One similarity between Beyonce and Gaga is that they don't have videos which have been watched for a billion times, yet are artists put in higher regard than the pop stars (the ones who have a feud with each other) who do.

MaryJaneHolland
5 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Beyonce owns Gaga in many other metrics.

which are?

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

which are?

BET awards :laughga:

lmao no. Kidding aside more grammies, acclaim and tour gross :icega:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Bradley
1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

She's been in the business for longer than Gaga though. I'm not saying Gaga will outdo her in the future, but perhaps the gap between their achievements will narrow as time elapses.

VOLANTIS

This is an outrage!! Both of them deserve better :grr:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

DeanWinchester
23 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

She's been in the business for longer than Gaga though. I'm not saying Gaga will outdo her in the future, but perhaps the gap between their achievements will narrow as time elapses.

Yes exactly why I said it's not our fault Gaga is delaying LG5. We as fans can only do so much with the material that is given to us. Gaga can bridge the gap if she still wants to play the pop race game and if she actually starts putting out good music that will make her a force again.

What we have are old dated receipts while Beyonce still breaks records and her last tour broke Gaga's highest gross and the current one is slated to do so as well. All while Gaga's last pop era was still ARTPOP. Beyonce has put out TWO acclaimed, critically AND commercially successful eras during the time Gaga is off the pop game.

Yes, Beyonce has been in the industry longer but that's exactly the point--Gaga still has to prove her longevity and that she isn't just a flash, albeit a big one, in the pan.

:tea:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Thomas P
1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Like waaaaayyyyy more. I feel like Gaga will come for her in all categories tho. We will just have to wait and see.

Edit: I don't see her winning more Grammys than Beyoncé, because bey is the award shows favourite artist and this year alone she will be clearing out the show. Acclaim is very possible, and tour gross is a slight possibility, though Beyoncé is a tour de force when it comes to world tours.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Bradley
1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Yes exactly why I said it's not our fault Gaga is delaying LG5. We as fans can only do so much with the material that is given to us. Gaga can bridge the gap if she still wants to play the pop race game and if she actually starts putting out good music that will make her a force again.

What we have are old dated receipts while Beyonce still breaks records and her last tour broke Gaga's highest gross and the current one is slated to do so as well. All while Gaga's last pop era was still ARTPOP. Beyonce has put out TWO acclaimed, critically AND commercially successful eras during the time Gaga is off the pop game.

Yes, Beyonce has been in the industry longer but that's exactly the point--Gaga still has to prove her longevity and that she isn't just a flash, albeit a big one, in the pan.

:tea:

Hmm, you speak as if Gaga has been resting at home for two years without doing anything. The truth is she released a jazz album with Tony Bennett, a renowned crooner, its a jazz album which sold 1.2 million copies worldwide that won a Grammy, the genre is jazz so let's not expect it to sell as well as BEYONCE or Lemonade, not its tour too. And then she went on to appear at high profile award shows like the Oscars and Grammys without actually having put out an album, I mean you gotta admit Bobby's one hell of a manager to put her on such platforms without an album. And then she sang at the Superbowl. Not to mention her Golden Globe-winning role in AHS that possibly exposed her to filmmakers which gives her the opportunity to dine with Bradley Cooper.

They both dwell in different fields. And Gaga just happened to straddle beyond the pop industry.

DeanWinchester
3 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Hmm, you speak as if Gaga has been resting at home for two years without doing anything. The truth is she released a jazz album with Tony Bennett, a renowned crooner, its a jazz album which sold 1.2 million copies worldwide that won a Grammy, the genre is jazz so let's not expect it to sell as well as BEYONCE or Lemonade, not its tour too. And then she went on to appear at high profile award shows like the Oscars and Grammys without actually having put out an album, I mean you gotta admit Bobby's one hell of a manager to put her on such platforms without an album. And then she sang at the Superbowl. Not to mention her Golden Globe-winning role in AHS that possibly exposed her to filmmakers which gives her the opportunity to dine with Bradley Cooper.

They both dwell in different fields. And Gaga just happened to straddle beyond the pop industry.

Gaga still has to prove her own original material are great games. I know C2C gave her merits and it was a welcome change of pace from ARTPOP's bashing, but we all know slaying with original music is harder.

Film is a different medium/field entirely and even then Beyonce has acclaimed film appearances as well.

Gaga did amazingly well for the short time she had so far but an important metric here is her longevity in the music scene.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Bradley
6 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Gaga still has to prove her own original material are great games. I know C2C gave her merits and it was a welcome change of pace from ARTPOP's bashing, but we all know slaying with original music is harder.

Film is a different medium/field entirely and even then Beyonce has acclaimed film appearances as well.

Gaga did amazingly well for the short time she had so far but an important metric here is her longevity in the music scene.

I know Beyonce has acted before, I'm just saying while you give credits to Beyonce for her 'pop' work for the past two years, Gaga has been doing some acting and jazz. Anyway, I am satisfied with ARTPOP's music, it actually is my favorite album of hers, so quality is not something I worry about. I think as long as she promotes her music properly, she will thrive.

Artists have fared worse and yet resurged with strong comebacks, considering ARTPOP received some positive reviews and managed to sell 2.5 million copies, LG5 won't do too bad.

Archived