đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Quartz stans for and defends Gaga's political and social actions

DeanWinchester

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester

to call her politically naive is, frankly, naive. Throughout her career Gaga has deliberately chosen to side with political and social causes, both inside and outside the US. It is hard to imagine that she accidentally sat down with the Dalai Lama, who is a long-time advocate of autonomy of Tibet, and therefore an enemy of Beijing, without thinking about the implications.

Activism is not a hobby for Gaga. Through the years, she has broadcast her constant support for sexual assault victims, gender equality, and LGBT rights. These are causes which, contrary to what the Global Times writes, appeal deeply to at least some sections of young Chinese society.

Gaga’s meeting with the Dalai Lama deserves stands out in particular. Few business and famous people are willing to criticize the Chinese Communist Party’s suppression of human rights, so they can continue to access the country’s massive market.

In the past few years more and more western celebrities in all kinds of fields have avoided association with the Dalai Lama. The vastness of our market has commanded more respect, which is good for our country. The actions of Lady Gaga are out of the ordinary—but her strong character is unlikely to be widely imitated in the West.

Source: http://qz.com/719603/is-lady-gaga-actually-politically-naive/

Slay, queen! :applause:

True patron, advocate and a good human being, and not just when it benefits her career.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Andrew Warhola

Queen of minerals :giveup:

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

crisTEAne
Just now, Sycamore said:

tumblr_mu1wi9DaHK1sbit1so1_500.gif

i don't appreciate that deadly stare at the end. nails.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

The Surrealist
2 minutes ago, T E A said:

i don't appreciate that deadly stare at the end. nails.gif

lady-gaga-dont-judge-me-funny.gif

IamChromatica

The people that hate Gaga for doing this that's their own problem, of looking at things so narrow minded as to obstruct themselves from the goodness of being kind and compassionate.

crisTEAne
1 minute ago, Sycamore said:

lady-gaga-dont-judge-me-funny.gif

ilYXBel.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Miel

Very good point about business-people and famous celebrities staying silent on the Chinese government's actions, for continued access to their market.

3 points in and ready for more

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Feslon said:

The people that hate Gaga for doing this that's their own problem, of looking at things so narrow minded as to obstruct themselves from the goodness of being kind and compassionate.

I personally would like LG5 to break and smash charts and sales records but not at the cost of Gaga's integrity

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived