game

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon OUT NOW [Official GGD Pokemon Thread]

Lagg

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

I played Ultra Moon for like an hour but then realised that I should go back and finish Moon and then go and play Ultra Moon because I don’t feel right not completing it and starting something related to it :spin: 

• 3 weeks later...
PartySick

I'm really going slow in my play through :emma: Like, I'm not even to the ghost trial yet. Almost, but not quite there.

For some reason I've taken a liking to grinding so I decided to have basically two teams worth of pokemon to switch between and keep at the same level. Right now I have these, all at level 35:

Spoiler

Ferno the Charmeleon (Island scan, holding an everstone 'cause Charmeleon > Charizard)
Vallie the Lycanroc (Event dusk form, named after my dog, Valentine)
Beehee the Elgyem
Anglera the Lanturn (a legit shiny I found while fishing :giveup:)
Roote the Lileep (restored from a fossil)
Mitts the Primeape (it knows fire and ice punch as well as seed bomb :selena: I love Mantine surfing :selena:)
Macy the Drifblim (actually invincible and eats souls)
Mimikyu (from wonder trade)
Piéra the Whiscash (too strong for these mortal trainers tbh)
Goomy (also from wonder trade)
Taco the Metang (Gonna teach it a couple elemental punches as well)
Selena the totem Salazzle (I got a modest one and EV trained it at the archipelago thing :giveup:)

I'm having fun :diane:

🖤

On 1/3/2018 at 3:26 AM, PartySick said:

I'm really going slow in my play through :emma: Like, I'm not even to the ghost trial yet. Almost, but not quite there.

For some reason I've taken a liking to grinding so I decided to have basically two teams worth of pokemon to switch between and keep at the same level. Right now I have these, all at level 35:

Hide contents

Ferno the Charmeleon (Island scan, holding an everstone 'cause Charmeleon > Charizard)
Vallie the Lycanroc (Event dusk form, named after my dog, Valentine)
Beehee the Elgyem
Anglera the Lanturn (a legit shiny I found while fishing :giveup:)
Roote the Lileep (restored from a fossil)
Mitts the Primeape (it knows fire and ice punch as well as seed bomb :selena: I love Mantine surfing :selena:)
Macy the Drifblim (actually invincible and eats souls)
Mimikyu (from wonder trade)
Piéra the Whiscash (too strong for these mortal trainers tbh)
Goomy (also from wonder trade)
Taco the Metang (Gonna teach it a couple elemental punches as well)
Selena the totem Salazzle (I got a modest one and EV trained it at the archipelago thing :giveup:)

I'm having fun :diane:

this play-through has been real slow for me as well, I only just reached Poni Island :poot: 

Been taking more time filling the Pokedex (I'm at 70%!... of the Alola Dex :selena: ) and switching between teams myself. The entire first box is Pkmn I been switching between, with emphasis on using ones I rarely used before (5th and 6th and 7th gen ones I glossed over). 

Mostly, I've been trying to raise money for the expensive clothes. :giveup: Does anyone have any money making methods that they'd like to share, because I've been Mantine surfing for HP Ups and selling them and it's gotten me a lot, but gets tedious after a while.

❤ x ❤

PartySick
1 hour ago, that juju said:

this play-through has been real slow for me as well, I only just reached Poni Island :poot: 

Been taking more time filling the Pokedex (I'm at 70%!... of the Alola Dex :selena: ) and switching between teams myself. The entire first box is Pkmn I been switching between, with emphasis on using ones I rarely used before (5th and 6th and 7th gen ones I glossed over). 

Mostly, I've been trying to raise money for the expensive clothes. :giveup: Does anyone have any money making methods that they'd like to share, because I've been Mantine surfing for HP Ups and selling them and it's gotten me a lot, but gets tedious after a while.

I just know how to get free premier balls :selena:

Going to that market thing gets you a 50% discount which means you break even when you buy something and sell it back. Buy ten pokeballs and you get a free premier ball. Then you can sell the pokeballs back for your money back :reductive: I'm not sure if selling the premier balls after that would be a viable way of making cash but that's all I've got :selena:

🖤

8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I just know how to get free premier balls :selena:

Going to that market thing gets you a 50% discount which means you break even when you buy something and sell it back. Buy ten pokeballs and you get a free premier ball. Then you can sell the pokeballs back for your money back :reductive: I'm not sure if selling the premier balls after that would be a viable way of making cash but that's all I've got :selena:

but if I buy, say, 100 pokeballs at once, will it give me 10 premiere balls or just one. Will I have to repeat it with just ten purchases at a time :selena: 

❤ x ❤

PartySick
4 hours ago, that juju said:

but if I buy, say, 100 pokeballs at once, will it give me 10 premiere balls or just one. Will I have to repeat it with just ten purchases at a time :selena: 

Ten at a time, yeah :selena:

🖤

Haroon
4 hours ago, that juju said:

Just 1 :rip: I learnt the hard way :giveup: The Pokemart person is a liar, a scammer, loves robbery and fraud, a messy bitch who lives for drama :neyde:

19 hours ago, PartySick said:

Ten at a time, yeah :selena:

18 hours ago, Haroon said:

Just 1 :rip: I learnt the hard way :giveup: The Pokemart person is a liar, a scammer, loves robbery and fraud, a messy bitch who lives for drama :neyde:

hmmmmm....... :oprah:

I definitely think Mantine surfing is the way to go. I grinded the first two courses (between Melemele and Akala and back again - they've got the least Tentacool/Wailmer to avoid) and scored 10 BP each time, which buys 5 HP Ups, which sell for 5k a piece. Each course took about 4 minutes, so after 20 minutes I'd gather 50 BP = 25 HP Ups = 125k in 20 minutes. Did that one and off for a couple hours, and bought the entire Lurantis outfit, my homegirl is slaying :lolly: 

Plus, it's just so much fun :selena: 

❤ x ❤

PartySick
13 minutes ago, that juju said:

hmmmmm....... :oprah:

I definitely think Mantine surfing is the way to go. I grinded the first two courses (between Melemele and Akala and back again - they've got the least Tentacool/Wailmer to avoid) and scored 10 BP each time, which buys 5 HP Ups, which sell for 5k a piece. Each course took about 4 minutes, so after 20 minutes I'd gather 50 BP = 25 HP Ups = 125k in 20 minutes. Did that one and off for a couple hours, and bought the entire Lurantis outfit, my homegirl is slaying :lolly: 

Plus, it's just so much fun :selena: 

You should write a book: "The Art of the Surf" and then run for president :flutter:

Thanks for the tip though...that Kommo-o set will be mine!! :firega:

🖤

I'm glad y'all enjoyed USUM. :)

But I am pressed that the SM legendaries were reduced to ride pagers in the Ultra games. :selena:

Right now, a lot of us are preparing for this year's VGC, and I'm having quite a blast coming up with a team. :emma:

But I guess we won't be talking about the games anymore anytime soon. Leaks have started to surface again and as far as insiders go, this one's awfully reliable since these came from the folks that spilled the beans these past 2 generations. (specifically the Fairy type rumor pre-XY and the SM leaks like the region and final starter forms pre-SM)

Just a reminder that the new games are CONFIRMED to be on the Switch and not on the 3DS nor on the 3DS follow-up. This was established last year and it was also stated that USUM will be the last games on the 3DS family.

What we've got so far was not a lot, yet its too big to let it fly over our heads. The chinese localization team finished translating the game's script meaning its already finished. I can confirm their credibility since I was around to witness the leaks pre-XY and pre-SM, and a lot of that came true were from the chinese team. With that said, not all of them were facts or at least didn't make it to the final cut, so do know that these new leaks will only have some of them being the real deal. 

First off, we have the region which will be based off of either Spain or Italy. I have my fingers crossed on Spain since the developers have recently been traveling there for "research". They did the same thing with France and Kalos so this might just be a sufficient basis. Speculation have also been brewing about a Kalos post-game, but I highly doubt the leakers said anything about this.

Next we have is how they'll implement the Switch's joycon function, which is to be used on the return of Z-Moves . If this is true, I highly doubt they wont have an option to turn this off like they conveniently did with the Ultra Wormhole motion controls. (Also, the Fairy type Z Dance :selena: ). No news of newly introduced Z-Moves were mentioned, however. As for Mega Evolutions, don't count on it. The Chinese team said it themselves that there wont be any new megas.

The plot centralizes around the conflict between new and old, tradition vs innovation. I personally want to see where that is going. Even I have the difficulty to grasp Gen VII's motif as it clearly wasn't Day vs Night or Light vs Darkness when we only helped to witness a family dysfunction during the original story. :emma:

And then we have the new battle system to be implemented in the new games.

"These details pale in comparison to what has also been said though, and that is the games feature a new, simplified battle system which has been compared to that of the Digimon World games. For those not familiar with them they use a real-time battle style in which moves are still selected via menu and include the option to attack or block moves from your opponent. It has also been compared to the battle system of Pokkén Tournament in which moves are either attacks, blocks or grabs and work in a rock-scissors-paper fashion."

This was far by the most interesting one in the leaks since we've been sticking to the same formula for the last 22 years. There will inevitable distaste looming in the fanbase but hey, if Nintendo didn't switch ( :selena: )  it up a bit during the great games that are BOTW and Odyssey on the new console, it would have been another A Link To The Past and another generic Mario Bros game. And Game Freak was given so much crap from other developers for gaining **** ton of money from doing the same **** since Day 1, so lets give them the chance innovate this time (after all these years tbh :neyde: ) (...as I was typing this part, I kinda get now why they wanted to go with the old vs new plot motif, as if they foresaw a huge shitstorm coming their way after innovating the battle system :emma: )

Lastly, the expected release date would be later this year or early 2019. I do recall the developers mentioning a possible 2018 release during the same time when they announced the main series will continue on the Switch.  I wouldn't mind a delay though. You musn't hurry art. BOTW is a strong example of that. :)

OKAY.  I DID NOT expect that to be this long of a post even though I just put everything in a mere 10 minutes. :emma:

I hope the hype will spark again once pre-Gen 8 will officially start. That's around when announcements are made. Speaking of which, a Direct will be held next week but no news regarding of it being Pokemon-related. I doubt there will be though since huge Pokemon news are usually announced on its own separate Direct.

• 2 months later...
PartySick

I'm not sure if it's because I'm so busy or what but UM just cannot hold my attention for that long :selena: I haven't even beaten Guzma (is it Guzma? It's Guzma, right?) 'cause I've been so disinterested in playing it. Someone tell me it gets better/newer after this :giveup: Mantine surfing is great and all but justify a re-release it does not :giveup:

🖤

Archived