MUSIC VIDEOS:

appl.gif  dwuw.gif  GUY.gif  gypsy.gif

Spoiler

APPLAUSE:

DO WHAT U WANT [Leak Scenes]:

G.U.Y.

GYPSY

ARTPOP MEGAMIX | The Adventures of ARTPOPGA & ARTPOP

This is just a mashup|remix of all the songs from ARTPOP with scenes of Award shows, ARTRAVE, tv performances, a complete journey of what was the whole ARTPOP era, enjoy the slayage.

FAVE MOMENTS ON ARTPOP ERA:

If you don't have time to look through the whole thread, here are some highlights, some fave moments, gifs, videos, lists, art, everything that we as ARTPOP stans loved of this era :diane:

GAGA ON ARTPOP BACKLASH:

https://www.yahoo.com/music/lady-gaga-talks-joanne-album-dive-bar-tour-i-wanted-to-do-the-things-that-made-me-fall-in-love-with-music-in-the-first-place-124334138.html  [Snippet from the article:]

Gaga admits that this backlash was “hurtful at times… it doesn’t feel good when you put that much time and work and effort into things, and people make fun of them, or shame you for things you’ve created.” However, she adds: “The thing is, you’re not always going to make something that everybody likes. You can’t be in this for the business of people liking you. That would just not be even the right thing to do! To have such a big voice in the world and to only care about people liking you — what’s the point, really? When I’m making records, I’m never thinking, ‘How can I make this something that’s accepted?’”

The #ARTPOPArmy STANS:

*Disclaimer: Ya'll i tagged u cuz i think yall are ARTPOP stans, if anyone wants to be remove or wants to be on the list, yall can say it in the thread, i just pimped the OP and wanted yall to see it :diane: 

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

A lot of them are sheep who have no independent opinions imo.

Not saying the era was perfect, but it was enjoyable and laudable throughout. Especially when we have mediocre singers with mediocre albums that received more favourably than ARTPOP. (Revival, Purpose, Confident are just three examples).

SMILE2NE1
Just now, Tom Hardy said:

Actually because of the execution. 

E.g. Venus single switch to DWUW, no transparency over music video, and then here have G.U.Y., oh the era's over, but you said we would have a Gypsy video, a video for every song and a telephone continuation. 

The music was good, but if you under deliver on what you promise, people will naturally be dissatisfied. 

Gohan

The thing is that the execution of the era was messy af, and we as humans tend to forget/erase everything related to traumatic experiences such as the switch between Venus and Do What U Want as the 2nd single, DWUW not having its p̶ó̶r̶n̶o̶g̶r̶a̶p̶h̶i̶c̶ music video out, etc. So when they think about it, they only have bad things to say about the era.

Anyway, the music popped my cherry and I swear to God it healed the hell out of my depressed ass in a rough moment of my life in that time.

''Overproduced'' my ass, ''too electronic'' my booty twerking, ''too polished'' my foreskin. The album SLAYS YO MODA****ING EXISTENCE

ARTPOP, ARTPOP. ARTPOOOOOOP

n3qfk8.jpg

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

FrankGutz
14 minutes ago, Gohan said:

''Overproduced'' my ass, ''too electronic'' my booty twerking, ''too polished'' my foreskin. The album SLAYS YO MODA****ING EXISTENCE

n3qfk8.jpg

PREACH!!

tumblr_nk8e67zfuq1r6vczeo1_400.gif

FrankGutz
20 minutes ago, Derp Gaga said:

That DWUW performance on AMA is my everything :diane::flutter:

giphy.gif

I love that one too :giveup:

Helxig

The whole era was very enjoyable and fun and exciting, and the live show was amazing! It did have some disappointments with the singles releases and the canned music videos. But it was a great era as a whole. The songs were good, and more in the poppy direction that I thought the fans wanted after BTW.

I think everyone just trash talks it because:

1. it didn't perform well commercially (and I was surprised to learn that so many people only cared about stanning for her because she was successful)

2. they were just jumping onto whatever opinion is popular and that led to a snowball effect of everyone hating it. (sidenote: if you're doing this, learn to make your own opinions and stop being afraid of being judged for having them)

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Noam Zioni

ARTPOP is perfect, and no I'm not praising everything she does

not everyone who praises ARTPOP is a blind fan 

eifulien
52 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

Not saying the era was perfect, but it was enjoyable and laudable throughout. Especially when we have mediocre singers with mediocre albums that received more favourably than ARTPOP. (Revival, Purpose, Confident are just three examples).

I mean.... :air: Now that you put it in perspective it's just so obvious. Even DW as much as I enjoy it is weak nextt o ARTPOP. And the 3 albums you mentioned have a higher metascore, don't they? :madge: :emma: She's absolutely right when she says the bar for her is much higher than for the rest in the industry. I don't want to put down Selena, Demi, Ariana, Justin and company because they're in their own lanes and maybe their albums were better enough to receive the critics' praise. But lesbihonest - even at her lowest point, even when she underperforms and is not capable of living up to her own potential, even when she bites too ambitiously, she is above the rest. :hor: :gaycat:

53 minutes ago, Gohan said:

The thing is that the execution of the era was messy af, and we as humans tend to forget/erase everything related to traumatic experiences such as the switch between Venus and Do What U Want as the 2nd single, DWUW not having its p̶ó̶r̶n̶o̶g̶r̶a̶p̶h̶i̶c̶ music video out, etc. So when they think about it, they only have bad things to say about the era.

Anyway, the music popped my cherry and I swear to God it healed the hell out of my depressed ass in a rough moment of my life in that time.

n3qfk8.jpg

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, I'M DEAD. :toofunny::rip: :air: Brb, let me tattoo this. :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

GAGAXABO

I love ARTPOP, although the concept and the delivery did not really match in the end, possibly because of some of the songs that made it onto the album. 

I felt literally slain by the ERA and concept. Pity everything got messed up....

Monster in Scotland

52 minutes ago, Yanko said:

kii:poot:

do you ever have anything to say?

you're not even a troll. you're practically a bot.

Yanko
2 minutes ago, JDi said:

do you ever have anything to say?

you're not even a troll. you're practically a bot.

are you ever not an asshole? 

• CyanLights locked this topic
  • CyanLights unlocked this topic

Archived