đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

3 Bloody Mary's: intentional or coincidence?

Caesium

Featured Posts

Caesium

Was giving the good sis Bloody Mary a listen for the first time in a while today and remembered the first time I ever heard it and people said "OMG she says Bloody Mary 3 times!"

If anyone's unfamiliar with the legend, it goes that if you say Bloody Mary x3 in front of a mirror in the dark the ghost of Bloody Mary/Mary I will appear in the mirror/kill you somehow

So do you think the the fact that she only says Bloody Mary three times in the song is intentional as a nod to the legend or purely coincidental as that's purely how the song was written with no hidden meaning?

:lana:

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Phoenix

intentional ofc

illuminati and satanic references which you can't notice at first

đź’Ž

Didymus

She says (sings, really) it three times because the chorus is repeated three times, as is always the case in 90% of Gaga's songs :madge:

Besides, "Bloody Mary" needs to be repeated with no other stuff in between, which is obviously not what Gaga did. I just think it's a coincidence she didn't even think about herself, especially since the song doesn't refer to the legend anywhere lyrically except possibly with the element of being able to tell the future, which would be a nice Biblical tie-in indeed.

LadyGagaStan93
6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She says (sings, really) it three times because the chorus is repeated three times, as is always the case in 90% of Gaga's songs :madge:

Besides, "Bloody Mary" needs to be repeated with no other stuff in between, which is obviously not what Gaga did. I just think it's a coincidence she didn't even think about herself, especially since the song doesn't refer to the legend anywhere lyrically except possibly with the element of being able to tell the future, which would be a nice Biblical tie-in indeed.

Where in any songbook rule does it say that your title must be repeated three times because all your choruses are sung three times in the song? 

Exactly, nowhere. Plus your example doesn't even follow a good percentage of Gaga's lyrics. She has almost a whole discography where she repeats the song titles way more than how many times she repeats the chorus. Please tell me you were being sarcastic. 

Anyways, it was intentional. 

Didymus
Just now, LadyGagaStan93 said:

Where in any songbook rule does it say that your title must be repeated three times because all your choruses are sung three times in the song? 

What.

The song title was in the chorus. Bloody Mary followed the typical pop formula, hence the term was gonna be repeated 3x in any case. Or am I missing something :emma:

3 minutes ago, LadyGagaStan93 said:

Plus your example doesn't even follow a good percentage of Gaga's lyrics. She has almost a whole discography where she repeats the song titles way more than how many times she repeats the chorus. Please tell me you were being sarcastic. 

It's not about song titles, it's about choruses being repeated. Most of her songs do have choruses that occur three times, because that's the standard pop formula. BM's chorus accidentally (imo) had the term "Bloody Mary" in it once (due to the melody progression she chose) so it was repeated thrice. It's quite simple lol.

I wasn't being sarcastic because it's not a very realistic idea to me. If she really wanted to refer to the legend, she would've included a repetition of the term that wasn't broken up. Like I said, to work, you have to say "Bloody Mary" three times in a single segment if you will. Not what Gaga does, so we can't be sure it was her intention.

And I also brought other arguments.. not sure why you ignored all of them just to be able to diss me here in this strange way. Quite annoying. I presented my interpretation as an opinion based on arguments. Which is a lot different from what y'all are doing.

8 minutes ago, LadyGagaStan93 said:

Anyways, it was intentional. 

How lazy and unconvincing is that. I prefer my post.

llbcherry

I think it was probably a coincidence...

But what was she referencing by saying "bloody mary" if not that story? Hmm, not sure.

notamember

Gaga is very intelligent....I'm quite sure it was intentional. If it was someone else, It would just be a coincidence..

Better Day

3x2=6

That means doing that sum 3 times it concludes - 666 

Illumanti confirmed. 

Thank you. Goodbye 

Together You And I!

kabirartfling
5 hours ago, hahahahahahahah said:

what's bloody mary about anyway 

The Bloody Mary is the perfect brunch cocktail. Make one today with our classic Bloody Mary recipe 

Give your love to me

Archived