Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Singer Kali Uchis Plagiarizes Artist

KyliesChild

Featured Posts

KyliesChild

I was on tumblr and an artist has found an artwork by Uchis and thought they were too similar to be a coincidence. The singer said she didn't know about the artist or his work, but Miranda (the artist) said that she was caught red-handed.

http://lazybonesillustrations.tumblr.com/post/145146425395

Miranda on another post said:

“The worst part of all of this, is Kali tried to make me feel bad for her. She tried to paint herself as the victim amongst all of this, when I am the one who had my artwork stolen. She said I was intentionally dragging her name to defame her to gain more followers. She called me thirsty. I had never even heard of her until all this happened. I said, your name is mentioned here because you are being called out for blatant plagiarism. Not because I am trying to ride your name to fame… She said, I know what it’s like to have your ideas stolen. She said people always want to **** on up-and-coming artists. Can you believe that? She had the hide to say this to me, I am a little-known Australian artist trying to make rent money for the week. You should have seen the comments on her original Instagram video of her copy of my work - hundreds of people complimenting her artistic ability, complimenting her (my!) design, asking to buy it, etc. It hurts to see your work blatantly ripped off like that.
She is acting like a little child that got caught stealing candy. She doesn’t seem to understand that it’s not OK to copy someone’s artwork and then share it with your 70,000+ followers under the guise of it being your own original design. I am a small Australian artist and she is (apparently) an already well-known name. How dare she steal my design then have the hide to call me thirsty for attention when I call her out for blatant plagiarism. From where I am standing, it looks like she’s embarrassed she got caught and too immature to come clean. She didn’t want to me to talk about this any further because she is worried for her career, but you know what? I am going to call her out for this because it’s total bullshit. The way she handled the whole situation only makes me want to talk more about this. Don’t tread on me!"

Here is a song by Kali Uchis just in case you have never heard of her: 

SissyFromSpace

plagerism is still a thing? lmao like...everythings been done.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Versace

LOL 

If it wasn't for this aussie girl , I would have not heard of this chick 

Sad that after a few mins, we'll forget of both of their existence 

NEXT

Dramatica

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

RainingOnMe
13 minutes ago, Lance said:

:emma: If you think that then you should definitely check out Allie X. Her sound is so fresh, original, and the concept behind her music. she writes and produces everything, I'd go so far to say her songwriting is better than gaga's and I've been a gaga fan for 7 years.

PunkTheFunk
58 minutes ago, Lance said:

this post is the pinnacle of the Reverse Warholian Experience Expedition :giveup:

"Plagiarism...it's been done before"

crisTEAne
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

this post is the pinnacle of the Reverse Warholian Experience :giveup:

"Plagiarism...it's been done before"

it's EXPEDITION, you whorefaced slut. :grr:

anyway, i agree. it's even a form of tautology, lmao. :flop:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Seeka

I love how everyone just shat on this thread and expect it to be swept under a rug.

But let's be honest, a big time artist is gonna get away with this because she has more defenders. She has more fans. And she has law on her side and can claim slang and defamatory comments.

Though, there is a chance that the art wasn't stolen. But I doubt it. It looks far too similar.

I'm on the side of the artist this time. I made the bad mistake of making yourself looking like an idiot previously defending Gaga from the same exact performance theft comments. Just because I was too stupid to want to see the truth.

I'd like to remind some of you some people actually have to rely on their art in order to survive. And what kali is doing is rather immoral. At least, in the world of starving artists living off commissions.

PunkTheFunk
31 minutes ago, skeleton.gun said:

it's EXPEDITION, you whorefaced slut. :grr:

anyway, i agree. it's even a form of tautology, lmao. :flop:

bitch I knew that

Oprah+Winfrey+goes+insane.jpg

Staryu

Disappointed in her, but hopefully she learned a lesson. I mean these paintings are far too similar for it to just be a coincidence imo...

KyliesChild
1 hour ago, Lance said:

Well, not everything.

Off-topic: I want to be famous quickly just in case everything has been done already. And I'm scared for the day (that is actually going to come pretty soon) where musically every melody has already been created, every painting, every concept, book, etc. It is frightening honestly.

Archived