💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are the Grammys Forgetable?

Katharine Hepburn

Featured Posts

Katharine Hepburn

I watched last years and this years Grammys and only even remember a handful of performances (Ariana Grande 2015, Taylor Swift 2016, ACDC 2015, Gaga 2015 +2016, Katy 2015, Adele 2016) and none of them were that spectacular IMO. The Grammys are meant to be the biggest night in music but performance are never on legendary standards and are forgetable. 

People bring up legendary performances when the Super Bowl or Eurovision come around each year  whereas with the Grammys, people care more about who will win the awards than past performances.

Could this be because the Grammys are primarily an awards show or do people just play it safe?

Thoughts :gaycat:

xoxo Joanne

Swan Heart

I can't really take them seriously anymore.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Justin Drew Bieber

The grammys aren't forgettable.  The lazy performances are :)

venusfly

People bring up Eurovision and the Superbowl because those are things the public actually watch. Little care is given towards award shows outside of fanbases.

The Child
4 minutes ago, LG said:

People bring up Eurovision and the Superbowl because those are things the public actually watch. Little care is given towards award shows outside of fanbases.

The VMAs used to be watch by everybody but now only fanbases watch it.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

venusfly
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

The VMAs used to be watch by everybody but now only fanbases watch it.

The music industry has extremely declined. Nobody really cares anymore :shrug: 

Prismatic

To the gp, the awards are kind of forgettable. I doubt any gp will know when or what Grammy some of our faves got. 

Grammy is only relevant for only stans because when some of their fave underperform, they rely on that to make their fave look relevant. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Mister Gaga

They're a popularity contest, just like the vmas. Something has been missing the last couple of years

Spoiler

lady-gaga-giorgio-armani-prive-grammys-2

and i just can't figure out what is 

Spoiler

image.jpg

like they don't have the spark they used to have

Spoiler

2010-02-03-ap-lady-gagajpg-9c9392f89ff38

James Gibson

Yeah, the Grammys doesn't have much force lately besides of the stanbase. And the actaul show has become really tiring to watch because they put tons and tons of performances (last year there were 24) and are forcing too much to create the "Grammy Moment", so there is a lot to see and people get lost and bored. So when there is an actual award it's like a relief. Many of the performances have become a interlude of waiting for the next award because it seems they try to put as much nominees as possible performing. What's the need of putting lots of nominated artists instead of presenting the awards they're nominated (Really, what was the need of Tony and Gaga performing last year). Besides are much more expensive to create a performance. 

If they put like 10 strong invested performances and present more awards (Instead of 7 out of 5984739853 categories), people would pay more attention on these specific performances and get to know more winners and artists. And the show wouldn't be a 3 hour bore to watch 

NewYorkCity

Still important when they say "And now, to honor America, 6 time Grammy award winner..."

That's the only thing that sounds great for the GP. The awards show itself... no one cares.

Nobody really cares anymore. the music industry is dead. it's no longer about the actual music or art. there's no hype. no excitement. take the vma's for exemple it has been dead since 2012. 

RockySayTalk

I'm such a flop fan it took me a good 30 seconds to think why and what gaga performed at the 2016 Grammies :duck:

anyways, I think it's more that the performances are lacking caliber because of the lackluster input from the artists. The platform it gives is still impressive though IMO, especially because it's a performance for your contemporaries as much as it is for a stage 

Brian Ryan

No, the Grammys have and always will be the most prestigious award an artist can receive and just because a person's fav does not win does not change that whatsoever... now introducing Grammy Award winner...

Anderson123

It was supposed to be a prestigious award show, and it still is, but has become a popularity contest. I think people have grown apart from TV and are now more on their smartphones, social media, etc. Time changes and some people just don't really care about these shows to sit through 3 hours of random talking and boring performances.

I remember being 17 years old and getting together with my friends to watch the VMAs, the Grammys, or just have a  MSN group chat to talk about what was going on, but we're older now and we're all focused on our jobs and personal lives. I do watch the Oscars every year and sometimes the Grammys when it's not just boring nominees, but other than that, I skip these shows now. VMAs, Billboard, AMAs I haven't watched any of these since Gaga was promoting Born This Way.

Archived