Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm Only Going To Say This Once.

wahkeenasitka

Featured Posts

wahkeenasitka

Dear Little Monsters, 

I realize that many of you are young. I realize that I am a bit older than the majority of LM's on this site (I'll be turning 37 in a few months - so I have a wee bit of perspective now on the aging / maturation process.)

When I see threads like this: 

I really just feel like you don't get it. 

And here's what I feel like you don't get: 

Human beings & especially Artists go through phases of their lives. They grow up. They evolve. They mature. Gaga just turned 30. Just Dance came out 8 years ago, when she was 22. She probably recorded "The Fame" when she was 21. 

Speaking for myself and having witnessed a lot of other people go through their twenties, your early to mid twenties are a Peak Phase of your life. It is only lived once. I think from about 21 to 28 or 29, you have a peak developmental phase of extreme amounts of risk taking, recklessness, creativity, restlessness, confusion, experimentation, drug & sex exploration, and rampant narcissism. It's a phase. It's a FABULOUS phase, don't get me wrong. But it is a phase, and as you grow up, as you mature into yourself as an adult, your early to mid twenties becomes a bookmark in your life of all the things that were the best, most exciting, most creatively exploratory, self-indulgent, confused and crazy times of your life... Never to be repeated again. You learned your lessons during that peak developmental phase of your life. You learned that XYZ were things that really don't work for you, and you learn about yourself, you learn about yourself as an artist, you learn about your strength, the character of your spirit, and the inexhaustible flame of your passion.... I think this is especially true for an artist like Gaga. 

While most of you have been complaining about how LONG it is taking for Gaga to produce LG5, and most of you have been complaining about Gaga's romance with Jazz and her C2C phase - I believe this is actually all a sign that her next album is going to be a masterpiece and is going to be her best, most definitive statement as an artist in her life yet - because she has gone through all the extreme narcissistic, super indulgent egomaniac phases of her wild 20s. She has gone through the self-destructive phases and is maturing into an exquisite human being and an impeccable vocalist / artist / performer.

What I believe she has done over the last few years is exceptionally wise - to remove herself from the pop shlock machine, and really focus on her self-cultivation, her physical health, her physical stamina, and mastery over herself as an artist and vocalist. We all know that Gaga is a masterful vocalist and performer, but IT TAKES A LONG TIME to create an exceptional body of work, especially an album that is going to have a truly meaningful impact. 

If all you want is Gaga to churn out mediocre song after mediocre song, then yeah - keep complaining and keep whining about how it's taking too long. But if you want Gaga to show the world she is a masterful, unstoppable tour-de-force - then you really need to back off and quit complaining and prepare to be blown away when the exquisite fruit of her next album, her next masterpiece has been truly ripened and is ready to present to the world in full glory. 

The pop music industry is fickle, and there is a lot we as fans and observers of the industry don't understand. But there's one thing that I do understand, it's that an artist needs to be Completely In Touch With Their Inner Muse and not be swayed and manipulated by their fans

The only way for Gaga to have any actual success with her next album, and not create another "Artflop" (i hate that term too) - is for her to be so deeply in tune with her inner muse and let this album be an embodiment of this current developmental phase. Perhaps she has moved out of the mediocre phase, perhaps she has moved out of the profoundly narcissistic / self-indulgent / self-destructive phase. Perhaps she is really ready to show us her mastery. That's what I truly believe. 

So please. Please! Stop with the complaining. Stop with the whining. Be patient. Listen to other music in the meantime. And just be ready for Gaga to blow us all away when the time is right. 

----

Edited: 

One last note: I don't think that people hit 30 years old and all of the sudden "grow up" and lose all their passion, wildness, free-spiritedness, and inspiration. Absolutely NOT. 

Artists especially get BETTER with age. Their mastery of their craft and their devotion to their passion, whatever their art is, usually improves and becomes more refined with time. 

I think of Gaga as a Real Artist with an absolute Devotion to self-mastery and her cultivation as an artist... So, I see her as a lifelong student of inspiration, passion, creativity, music and expression. She is in it for the long haul. I believe we will see dozens of albums from her before her body passes into infinity. 

Eventually, maybe when she's in her 50s and 60s, she might get a little boring. That's to be expected. 

But honestly - your 30s and your 40s are really your best decades as a mature human being and an artist. Because you're actually IMPROVING and refining, so long as you continue to practice, and work at your talent. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
somnambulist

The sense of entitlement is definitely annoying on GGD. It's becoming an issue, especially when her "fans" are calling her a bitch (and worse) simply because their expectations were already set on something.

We haven't even HEARD the songs, and people are complaining. "Omg I NEED REDONE OTHERWISE IM NOT INTERESTED" "Mark Ronson and Nile Rodgers? Not here for them, just redone"

People want "bad romance" but they already HAVE Bad Romance. Artists grow, they evolve, they want to do new things, let the woman breathe.

PopThatArt
12 minutes ago, wahkeenasitka said:

Dear Little Monsters, 

I realize that many of you are young. I realize that I am a bit older than the majority of LM's on this site (I'll be turning 37 in a few months - so I have a wee bit of perspective now on the aging / maturation process.)

When I see threads like this: 

I really just feel like you don't get it. 

And here's what I feel like you don't get: 

Human beings & especially Artists go through phases of their lives. They grow up. They evolve. They mature. Gaga just turned 30. Just Dance came out 8 years ago, when she was 22. She probably recorded "The Fame" when she was 21. 

Speaking for myself and having witnessed a lot of other people go through their twenties, your early to mid twenties are a Peak Phase of your life. It is only lived once. I think from about 21 to 28 or 29, you have a peak developmental phase of extreme amounts of risk taking, recklessness, creativity, restlessness, confusion, experimentation, drug & sex exploration, and rampant narcissism. It's a phase. It's a FABULOUS phase, don't get me wrong. But it is a phase, and as you grow up, as you mature into yourself as an adult, your early to mid twenties becomes a bookmark in your life of all the things that were the best, most exciting, most creatively exploratory, self-indulgent, confused and crazy times of your life... Never to be repeated again. You learned your lessons during that peak developmental phase of your life. You learned that XYZ were things that really don't work for you, and you learn about yourself, you learn about yourself as an artist, you learn about your strength, the character of your spirit, and the inexhaustible flame of your passion.... I think this is especially true for an artist like Gaga. 

While most of you have been complaining about how LONG it is taking for Gaga to produce LG5, and most of you have been complaining about Gaga's romance with Jazz and her C2C phase - I believe this is actually all a sign that her next album is going to be a masterpiece and is going to be her best, most definitive statement as an artist in her life yet - because she has gone through all the extreme narcissistic, super indulgent egomaniac phases of her wild 20s. She has gone through the self-destructive phases and is maturing into an exquisite human being and an impeccable vocalist / artist / performer.

What I believe she has done over the last few years is exceptionally wise - to remove herself from the pop shlock machine, and really focus on her self-cultivation, her physical health, her physical stamina, and mastery over herself as an artist and vocalist. We all know that Gaga is a masterful vocalist and performer, but IT TAKES A LONG TIME to create an exceptional body of work, especially an album that is going to have a truly meaningful impact. 

If all you want is Gaga to churn out mediocre song after mediocre song, then yeah - keep complaining and keep whining about how it's taking too long. But if you want Gaga to show the world she is a masterful, unstoppable tour-de-force - then you really need to back off and quit complaining and prepare to be blown away when the exquisite fruit of her next album, her next masterpiece has been truly ripened and is ready to present to the world in full glory. 

The pop music industry is fickle, and there is a lot we as fans and observers of the industry don't understand. But there's one thing that I do understand, it's that an artist needs to be Completely In Touch With Their Inner Muse and not be swayed and manipulated by their fans

The only way for Gaga to have any actual success with her next album, and not create another "Artflop" (i hate that term too) - is for her to be so deeply in tune with her inner muse and let this album be an embodiment of this current developmental phase. Perhaps she has moved out of the mediocre phase, perhaps she has moved out of the profoundly narcissistic / self-indulgent / self-destructive phase. Perhaps she is really ready to show us her mastery. That's what I truly believe. 

So please. Please! Stop with the complaining. Stop with the whining. Be patient. Listen to other music in the meantime. And just be ready for Gaga to blow us all away when the time is right. 

blah blah blah. excuses excuses excuses. After ARTPOP, Gaga specifically said she's tired of pop music and how inauthentic it is and alluded to not going back to it. Cheek to Cheek was one way she ran away from the inauthenticity of pop. Unlike some Monsters, I read all her interviews, she was in fact trying to get away from pop and has on various occasions said pop music is hard for her because people always want her to condense her creativity and artistic ideas into something more pop and commercial. And if you didn't realize honey, ARTPOP turned into a rebellion for her, a way to run away from the pop image created over first 5 years, she went goth, dyed her hair black, became an anti popstar, if you don't get that and think this all about being in touch with a so called muse, you are sorely mistaken and you are the one in fact WHO DOESN'T GET IT. 

And also remember what Gaga said about her blonde hair? The public owns it. She's going to stay brunette until the public kills it too. It says a lot, some young people, I take it you actually are young, may not get what she meant with that. 

Go see A Star is Born

Benji

I think people get too wrapped up in living their life through Gaga. She may be an artist before a popstar, but she's a human before that. Like you said, she's been going through an interesting age in her life where she's searching for herself and she still is in many ways. I personally would not want to be famous in my early twenties like she was, it's a time to discover what you like, what you want to do, what you don't and who you are. Having to do all of that baring in mind that the public are watching sounds like hell on earth.

Whilst I want a new album, I don't really care at the same time. The world will continue to spin whether she releases it tomorrow or in a decade. Let her do what she's got to do, not because you're a fan, but for yourself. Don't waste your life waiting on a popstar.

malazam

You're so right *clapping gif*

the thing is........lowkey we don't want to admit that she's maturing......Honestly, I don't want to believe it, for me she's too young for that.

'I wanto to explode into my 30s' in time she will give us real good ****, just matter of time :firega:

She's too serious about her records and their meanings, I klnow, I know it's her art, she's a perfectionist but her records don't need to be perfect...like, she's always in need to explain her records, give something a meaning, just let it be, okay? ARTPOP was like 'it could mean anything' but she tried the hell out to attach to it. She's young, she has time!

The perfection lives in the imperfection

'Be Childlike, Not Childish'

another shot before we kiss the other side

OMonster

omg thank you for your blessed perspective and wisdom :giveup: This has got me so excited for LG5 :giveup:

subtext / fantasy

mariomania1234

Masterful post. :giveup:

Thank you for that. 

And honestly this really is a normal album break for a pop star. I don't know why this site pushes the narrative that's it's abnormal and it's taking forever. 

venusfly
3 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

blah blah blah. excuses excuses excuses. After ARTPOP, Gaga specifically said she's tired of pop music and how inauthentic it is and alluded to not going back to it. Cheek to Cheek was one way she ran away from the inauthenticity of pop. Unlike some Monsters, I read all her interviews, she was in fact trying to get away from pop and has on various occasions said pop music is hard for her because people always want her to condense her creativity and artistic ideas into something more pop and commercial. 

Pop is very, very vast. Adele is considered pop! I don't believe we will hear electro-pop from Gaga any time soon but to think she will depart pop in its entirety is a little too far for now. 

I think in those interviews you speak of she's referring to manufactured dance-pop. Not pop in its entirety as a genre.

Swan Heart

Thank you.

I'm quite young so I probably don't really understand what this phase, and maturing as a person, really means yet.

But I know what it means to mature as an artist, to explore your creativity and your inner self (inner chaos if you will), in that I'm sure. And with this being my point of view, I completely agree with you.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Batwings

Congratulations. You've just won Gaga Daily.  :hug:

In all seriousness, though, this is one of the most thoughtful, insightful posts on here in a LONG time. Thank you.

Justin Drew Bieber

I was preparing to be annoyed with you but I really liked your points :)

Archived