💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

To All Whom It May Concern

JosefPallas

Featured Posts

JosefPallas

Throughout the past few weeks I have witnessed a behaviour on this site that left me downright appalled by what this former pioneer of all online Lady Gaga communities has become. I was a member of this site many years ago, long before Born This Way even. Though I quit for personal reasons, I have been an irregular observer and thus decided to speak out against the impertinent and highly abusive rhetoric that seems to have taken over Gaga Daily.

The issue of “sassiness” amongst members has always been problematic. Yet it appears that Gaga herself has become the subject of non-reflective, insensitive and even hurtful, pardon my French, bitching – marked by a degree of condescension that makes me nauseous. A great majority of active members, I assume, has completely lost its sense of perspective amidst the anticipation of Gaga’s fifth album. 

I would like to remind everyone of a few things that seem to have faded into obscurity. None of you are career advisors, have any idea whatsoever what it really is like to be part of the music industry and do not realise the corporate dynamics her work is (unfortunately) embedded in. But most importantly: none of you are accomplished songwriters with a presentable body of work. 

There is an unhealthy sense of entitlement that is inherent to this fanbase. Very few of you realise the pressure this puts onto her because she does know what her fans are saying. Is it any wonder she has noticeably withdrawn online? You expect her to deliver to you when in reality, she does not owe you anything. In fact, it is the exact opposite way around. Do consider the joy, empowerment and comfort she has brought into your little lives through her music, art and outspokenness. This is the person you sardonically make fun of.

Do not forget that she has worked herself to the ground for you. Three years ago she physically and mentally broke down after six years of bearing the pain of trying to live up to industry standards she had defined, the expectation of artistically relevant reinvention and, throughout it all, maintaining an honest and committed relationships with her fans, online and offline. 

Good things take time and it is beyond obvious she is currently working on rather great music. 

I realise many of you, without wanting to discredit your intelligence, are children and very much living out an online persona. While I would also like to ask each and every single one of you to reconsider their self-portrayal on social media, I primarily ask you to question you and your fellow members’ behaviour of the past few weeks. 

She is human and deserves to present her work when she thinks it’s ready. Any teaser, insight or idea shared is generosity on her part and not a requirement or obligation. Furthermore, to wrap this up, she is human and deserves to be treated decently. Would you be this sassy, telling her what to do and snap your fingers if you were standing in front of her? I highly doubt it. Act accordingly online.

Do consider this.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rumbold

overestimating the value of online forum comments to a global superstar who has better things to do day in and out than read what any of us have to say right here is probably as bad as taking it all too seriously and act like career advisors. everybody needs to log off and get real.

Cheap thrills

Why do members keep making new accounts to hide their identity 

giphy.gif

The Surrealist

Everyone has the right to complain or say what they want as long as they don't hurt anyone with their words. If people are impatient so what? It is not like Gaga is rushing now because a few members on GagaDaily said she should do so. Gaga is living her life and does not care about irrelevant omments, so we should not care either. 

Hotwives_blog_GIF.gif

Mr Judas

Like, calm the fvck down.

These are just obsessed fans, and really mean anything much, t lhey rather are just venting out all the excitement that they had.

I do not agree with you on everything you said.

Didymus

And you should consider not lecturing us when you're not even trying to be a part of this community anymore. Either leave and stay away or join in and try to do some productive work regarding this issue. One thread of whining is as lazy as you can get.

Serendipity

I've had enough and this is my prayer

Stop with this "ANTi"-GGD threads here

:poot: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

The Surrealist
Just now, Didymus said:

And you should consider not lecturing us when you're not even trying to be a part of this community anymore. Either leave and stay away or join in and try to do some productive wark. One thread of whining is as lazy as you can get.

Exactly. 

Bear

I think most of the time people are just jesting when they are being "shady" or "sassy" towards Gaga. When people do criticize Gaga and mean it, they tend to put out an argument defending their opinion, which is perfectly fine. This is a discussion forum after all, not a kiss Gaga's ass forum- there is nothing wrong with saying a negative opinion as long as it is done respectfully and reasonably.

and with respects to the shade, you just have to treat GGD like one giant series of RuPaul's drag race :flop:

Swan Heart

I kind of agree with you. It became quite unpleasant to come here, with all the LG5 wait. It will dissapear when we get the first single/release date.

But I don't think that you should take all the people here so seriously. I guess some just don't have anything to do with their time but whine about new music everytime Gaga is seen ouside of the studio. Let them be and just ignore it, I learned that it's better for you.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Hooker said:

there is nothing wrong with saying a negative opinion as long as it is done respectfully and reasonably

Exactly, I mean for god's sakes, we even have rules and regulations regarding negativity towards Gaga. Trust and believe people who bash Gaga are warned with no remorse. Some people act like this is a free for all when they want to criticize this forum and the members in it, but it's not. There's very tight moderation here when Gaga's concerned, so the only way you can explain the torrent of complaints about this forum's negativity is that some people (the maker of this thread included) just can't take other opinions. And this is a forum meant for discussing opinions, so please do yourself a favor @everyone and get the **** out of here.

MonsterMum

giphy.gif

I agree with you, which is one of the reasons I barely come her anymore. Some people tumble over themselves to be sassier or even more edgy then the one before them looking for the likes to boast their self esteem. Combined with "gimme now, gimme all" attitude this place sometimes is a cesspool, it wasn't even like this when ARTPOP dropped and things went sour and last year was an amazing year.

Archived