💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sia's Career Is Coming Back To Life

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

After the mega success of Sia's song "Chandelier", it seemed like Sia was bound to become a huge success in the US. She saw a little bit of success with her next single, the #17 peaking "Elastic Heart".

When Sia released the first single, "Alive", to her next album, the song underperformed, only spending three weeks on the chart. 

Sia's album This Is Acting debuted at #4 on the Billboard charts, underperforming many of her female contemporaries' sales.

But now, it seems like the tide is changing thanks to her song "Cheap Thrills".

Billboard says:

"As the album’s “Cheap Thrills” single collects new fans and motors up the airplay charts, This Is Acting returns to the top 40, rising 47-28 with a 28 percent gain in units (rising to 15,000 for the week). “Cheap Thrills,” which features Sean Paul, earned 20.4 million in airplay audience in the week ending May 22, and is on the verge of debuting on the Radio Songs chart. Meanwhile, the single rises 38-34 on the Billboard Hot 100."

gallery-sia-this-is-acting-1.jpg

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7386050/sia-this-is-acting-billboard-200-chart-moves

Decodekid

Career coming back? Girl it already is back

giphy.gif

Im Harol don't tell anyone

SamJ

I love cheap thrills! I've heard it on the radio about 5 times today. It nearly got to number 1 here! Its her biggest hit here apart from titanium in terms of airplay and popularity with the gp

venusfly

That's awesome, I never expected her to hold mainstream popularity for long, she doesn't really have star power. But I love her and her music :excited2:

River

Is it the song where Sean Paul tries to sing?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

She is talented but her shtick is really getting old, hiding her face and those dancers...

NCgaga

Cheap thrills is her worst song in my opinion. However, Sia hasn't gone anywhere. She is still relevant. She doesn't have star quality, and literally relies on her voice, song writing, infectious harmonies, unique use of chords, etc. she really is what music should be about. 

Lion Heart

Cheap Thrills is the best song in her new album. :giveup: I'm glad it's beginning to catch up in the US. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

GagaMyBlood95

Cheap Thrills is EVERYWHERE in Europe, is such a big hit, US will follow!

Mister Gaga
5 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

Cheap Thrills is already a smash everywhere else

this. Hope it smashes in the US too. It's literaly everywhere

littlepotter

I love cheap thrills (the song :poot: ) and I don't even know why lol. When I think about it it's like a really basic pop song with basic lyrics and a basic beat but when I listen to it it slayZ

chaeri pls

Judas Oyster

Song still not in the top? I thought I already had been being so good o.O

But great that it's finally going up tho' :)

Archived