💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

K-pop fans: do you think Ariana Grande kinda resembles K-pop?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Her image, her music videos, her bubblegum style, her R&B and Dance-pop type of music... I always think the style of what she does is always reflected in K-pop (minus the lack of personality). Of course, K-pop has many different styles, but you can replace Ariana with any K-pop girl group or singer in all of her videos and make them sing it in Korean and it would have still fitted naturally. I'm not the biggest K-pop fan, so of course K-pop fans out there should know better. Is it just me?

One of her unreleased songs was even given to a K-pop girl group:

RadioIsOurs

I also find that this popular k-pop song could've easily been sung by Ariana, with a more toned down production of course...

Bradley

Her production, maybe but Ariana has real talent and is less manufactured.

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy said:

True. I also thought about Fifth Harmony and Little Mix. Are they considered manufactured? They still had slightly more personality though...

ItsTommyBitch

I think K-Pop girls vocals resemble Ariana Grande :green: Her music kind of resembles K-Pop occassionally as well :emma: Coincidence though.

If she had more Break Free like videos and changed her hair up more, then her videos would as well :sis:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Serendipity
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

K Pop stars can also be "real" :koons: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Bradley
1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

True. I also thought about Fifth Harmony and Little Mix. Are they considered manufactured?

I don't listen to them, frankly. Do they write their own songs and contribute ideas to their music/performance/videos? If yes, maybe not so, if no, then they're just like K-pop groups.

Serendipity
Just now, Tom Hardy said:

I don't listen to them, frankly. Do they write their own songs and contribute ideas to their music/performance/videos? If yes, maybe not so, if no, then they're just like K-pop groups.

I don't follow 5H, but LM do tho :poot: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

RAMROD

Well, K-Pop is a very wide term. K-Pop rooting from young and hip Korean people wanting to fused traditional Korean sounds with Western music, mainly music that is popular in the States. 

The pioneer, Seo Taiji fused hip hop, rap, rock, even metal with Korean sounds. So if you hear Ariana sounded like K-Pop, actually it's the other way around. Especially Ariana new album which majorly taking inspiration from 90s R&B, hip hop, and rap music.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Britney Spears said:

No Ariana has some "personality" in her music.

Yeah. Maybe if I could understand Korean I would find more personality in their music.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, RAMROD said:

Well, K-Pop is a very wide term. K-Pop rooting from young and hip Korean people wanting to fused traditional Korean sounds with Western music, mainly music that is popular in the States. 

The pioneer, Seo Taiji fused hip hop, rap, rock, even metal with Korean sounds. So if you hear Ariana sounded like K-Pop, actually it's the other way around. Especially Ariana new album which majorly taking inspiration from 90s R&B, hip hop, and rap music.

Makes sense. It's just that I always find Ariana more in common with K-pop than other western artists for some reason.

Fiona Apple
8 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Yeah. Maybe if I could understand Korean I would find more personality in their music.

Idk I strongly dislike KPOP. It's like a bubblegum version of american teen music

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Britney Spears said:

Idk I strongly dislike KPOP. It's like a bubblegum version of american teen music

I kinda grew up with a little bit of K-pop. I live in Asia so TV shops play K-pop music videos all the time, all my girl friends were crazy for K-pop and many songs were big hits here. So i have a soft spot for it, mostly due to nostalgia. After all, it's mostly bright, catchy and cheerful, which appeals to children. But I can now say that I hate newer K-pop music. They have just become even more vapid and annoying.

Archived