interview

Cynthia Germanotta on BTW Foundation and Lady Gaga

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

Lady Gaga’s Mom Wants to Empower Youth and Inspire Kindness

BY CYNTHIA BISSETT GERMANOTTA

MAY 26, 2016

As a mom, it is difficult to watch your child struggle. Sometimes, the obstacles they face are physical. But the mental and emotional challenges are just as heartbreaking and frustrating to witness.

When my daughter Stefani — who most people know as Lady Gaga — was a child, she was creative and unequivocally her own person. But her peers did not always appreciate the things that made her unique … and different. As a result, they would sometimes taunt, humiliate, or exclude her. This thoughtless cruelty by her peers led to self-doubt and, in time to anxiety, depression, and destructive behavior. It was hurtful for her to experience and devastating for me to watch.

When she started to speak out about her experiences at her shows, she found that so many of the young people she spoke with had endured similar situations. Again and again, we heard stories of depression, anxiety, and isolation hampering their ability to thrive personally and academically. But most worrying were the stories that included self-harm and suicide attempts. That’s why my daughter and I founded Born This Way Foundation.

Read more: http://www.globalmomschallenge.org/2016/05/creating-kinder-braver-world-kids/

GagaMyBlood95

I hope the BTWF will have lots of success in the future, it really has a great cause :applause: 

Andrew Warhola
2 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

But her peers did not always appreciate the things that made her unique … and different. As a result, they would sometimes taunt, humiliate, or exclude her.

Cynthia is lurking

T8WmdSy.jpg?1

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

crisTEAne

what the foundation does is incredibly inspiring. fight on, little pony! :flutter: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived