💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Bad Romance the best modern pop song?

iCpro

Talent always gets caught in a Bad Romance  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Slaaaaaaaaay

• Yes
    • No, jewels n drugs is

Featured Posts

iCpro

Try and be objective about this :gaycat: 

By modern I mean post-2000

It has won two grammys, 7 VMAs, is universally alcaimed, probably gaga's most played song on the radio, has almost 700 million views on youtube, and has sold 12 million copies worldwide, making one of the best selling singles ever?

If not, what would you say is?

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed

I feel like it is, but Dear Future Husband by the real Queen of Pop is a close 2nd

Dangerous Man

Is water wet? :sis: 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

HighlandHeart

Of course. To add to the acclaim, Bruce Springsteen wished he wrote it and Linda Perry honoured Gaga at the Songwriters Hall of Fame by performing it. Here in Britain, it was just performed the other night on Britain's Got Talent live finals by two contestants. Look up 'Lady Gaga' on YouTube filtered to 'In the last hour' and you'll find someone singing it in a bar/club live. I've known people who don't even like Gaga who adore the song. It's one of the most timeless and enduring pop songs and will be legendary. 

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

Cheap thrills

Rolling In The Deep

3 Grammy awards including (Record and Song of the year), 3 VMA's, biggest Radio Crossover, 14.5 million copies worldwide. On the iconic album 21 which may I remind you sold 30 Million copies worldwide making it the best selling album of this centaury and one of the best selling albums of all time. 

weed
5 minutes ago, Cheap thrills said:

Rolling In The Deep

3 Grammy awards including (Record and Song of the year), 3 VMA's, biggest Radio Crossover, 14.5 million copies worldwide. On the iconic album 21 which may I remind you sold 30 Million copies worldwide making it the best selling album of this centaury and one of the best selling albums of all time. 

but is it a better song?

HighlandHeart
8 minutes ago, neptugne said:

I feel like it is, but Dear Future Husband by the real Queen of Pop is a close 2nd

And by lyrical intelligence contrast it is a close 8576th. 

No shade to your tastes, just my opinion. 

GagaXCupcakke
6 minutes ago, Drunk Poet said:

Of course. To add to the acclaim, Bruce Springsteen wished he wrote it and Linda Perry honoured Gaga at the Songwriters Hall of Fame by performing it. Here in Britain, it was just performed the other night on Britain's Got Talent live finals by two contestants. Look up 'Lady Gaga' on YouTube filtered to 'In the last hour' and you'll find someone singing it in a bar/club live. I've known people who don't even like Gaga who adore the song. It's one of the most timeless and enduring pop songs and will be legendary. 

Looked up Lady Gaga with the In the last hour filter and found this 

HighlandHeart
7 minutes ago, Cheap thrills said:

Rolling In The Deep

It's awards and commercial success doesn't naturally make it 'the best' in all aspects. 

weed
1 minute ago, Drunk Poet said:

And by lyrical intelligence contrast it is a close 8576th. 

The song highlights the masculine roles men are expected to come into in this patriarchal society in a relationship, sung by a woman who, while wants to be treated like a lady and spoiled, also wants to be respected as an equal and free to do as she wants.

MagnumX

Poker Face is my favorite modern pop song. I find Poker Face to be better than Bad Romance haha

People always act like she must beat Bad Romance but i think that if she wanted to do a catchy pop song again, sometime in her career, Poker Face would be the song to be surpassed, bc its catchy and fun af and its just sounds epic. Anyway, i dont want her trying to do this on LG5. I Want new sounds, new faces of Gaga, reinvention! :wub:

" Your god is not here, Michael. "

Justin Drew Bieber

Yes, and it's actually iconic unlike some certain songs people listed in this thread

Justin Drew Bieber
10 minutes ago, Drunk Poet said:

It's awards and commercial success doesn't naturally make it 'the best' in all aspects. 

EXACTLY LMAO

HighlandHeart
11 minutes ago, neptugne said:

The song highlights the masculine roles men are expected to come into in this patriarchal society in a relationship, sung by a woman who, while wants to be treated like a lady and spoiled, also wants to be respected as an equal and free to do as she wants.

That is certainly a matter of perspective and interpretation. 

I won't bombard you with why without request. But if you want me to show you I shall. 

Archived