💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Valve & "It"

Manul

Featured Posts

Manul

I'll give you a tl;dr and if you want more, you can read one of the articles around the web - I'll link GameSpot's.

Basically, a lady filled a lawsuit worth of $3 Million because of being fired by Valve, which according to her, happened because she filed an official complaint about illegal business practices going on there, and because of discrimination against transgender people - her supervisor was calling her an "it" after she had her sex reassignment surgery.

Original article on Polygon - go find it if you're interested, I avoid that place like the plague.

I would recommend reading the comments in the GS article. :duck:

it wasn't laaaahv

kabirartfling

"Just another social justice shakedown.

You aren't entitled to special treatment just because you decide to have your weeny removed.

"They didn't respect my pronouns your honor!"

8Reply

MeM - 6 hours ago

@dkrossen: He was discussing the whole part about how she said that she was fired for being a transgender in a bit of a rude form, but it does seem she stated that just for social justice warrior support to try to get a rush to injustice pushed by social justice warriors. Valves reasoning about how they can't hold on to non-local employees makes total sence. Also the case is likely to be extremely over exaggerated on the accusers part as $1,000,000 dollars seems like a number she pulled out of nowhere. I doubt she received that much emotional damage from supposedly being called "it" once. Not even other lawsuits where actual money was lost have fines near that. Also her allegation that Valve is sexist against transgenders has no substance behind it as she only has her one story that can't be confirmed by anyone else. The whole case seems very much like try to sue for a quick buck and revenge for being fired.

3Reply

59Hertz - 6 hours ago

@dkrossen: One Mil each Lol. "Weeny" removal a complex issue? haha knock it off Dykro you silly goose.

1Reply

Wraith3 - 8 hours ago

I came here expecting a fellow American college student with the appropriate brainwashing to tell us the made up pronouns that would be appropriate. I'm guessing they had to go to a safe space after reading this story offended them.

4Reply

mestupidface - 9 hours ago

Should of said "asking for 3 million or to make half-life 3" that way she would of gotten the money.

3Reply

digishah - 9 hours ago

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

1Reply " wow this proves that the world is still so backwards. These people are  judging this person shamelessly, this is so wrong>:(

Give your love to me

Manul

She is entitled to $3M just because of that one insult?

anigif_original-grid-image-23636-1432907

it wasn't laaaahv

Sunny

Mess
Of course Valve fanboys will come rushing and drag her! I love Valve, but really :air:

I like dancin', and ponies....

3 minutes ago, Sunny said:

Mess
Of course Valve fanboys will come rushing and drag her! I love Valve, but really :air:

Valve isn't transphobic or homophobic though. She's just mad she got fired and is making up a story for revenge

Sunny
1 minute ago, Poot said:

Valve isn't transphobic or homophobic though. She's just mad she got fired and is making up a story for revenge

I'll abstain from commenting so I don't get dragged by one of the sides here

10 minutes ago, Sunny said:

I'll abstain from commenting so I don't get dragged by one of the sides here

nnnn I'm a delusional Valve fan boy anyway. I will support the makers of the best FPS game series no matter what

'Video game site Polygon states she is suing for “$1 million for general damages, $1 million for special damages, $150,000 for unpaid wages and penalties, and $1 million for loss of earnings”. However, in its response filed this week, Valve denies all of the allegations – and calls for the case to be dismissed.'

I'll wait till the lawsuit is finished to decide whether to drag them or not, but she seems a bit extra asking for 3 million

tumblr_mumrss16LD1s8loaoo2_400.gif

oh and read the comments on his link, they all speak the truth tbh

Sunny
3 minutes ago, Poot said:

nnnn I'm a delusional Valve fan boy anyway. I will support the makers of the best FPS game series no matter what

'Video game site Polygon states she is suing for “$1 million for general damages, $1 million for special damages, $150,000 for unpaid wages and penalties, and $1 million for loss of earnings”. However, in its response filed this week, Valve denies all of the allegations – and calls for the case to be dismissed.'

I'll wait till the lawsuit is finished to decide whether to drag them or not, but she seems a bit extra asking for 3 million

3 million is a lot, I won't deny that. I won't drag them either cause I don't know if that really happened or not

I'm not a fanboy I just play what they release

release the next portal i don't have money for the htc vive 

ryanripley

$3 million?! that's insane for an insult :duck: if she gets $3 million for an "it" then i'd like a million for all the times i've been called ******* pls :usrs:

jk but im skeptical at how legit this is since there was that time where that lesbian waitress claimed to have been treated homophobically by customers but it turned out she was a delusional liar :duck: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Manul
34 minutes ago, Sunny said:

Mess

I don't and I think they are overrated, but $3M is pure madness. :air:

If anything, she is entitled to her less than $150k of unpaid wages only - and we all know that number is delusional also.

it wasn't laaaahv

Sunny
20 minutes ago, Love Drought said:

I don't and I think they are overrated, but $3M is pure madness. :air:

If anything, she is entitled to her less than $150k of unpaid wages only - and we all know that number is delusional also.

I only play Portal and Half Life ngl :air:

But yea, $3M is a lot :emma:

venusfly

when people ask for so much in damages for such a small situation they lose their credibility to me tbh

Manul
28 minutes ago, Sunny said:

I only play Portal and Half Life ngl :air:

That's their only good games :air:

it wasn't laaaahv

Archived