💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Is Ariana boring as a popgirl?

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

Don't get me wrong, this isn't about her music. Dangerous Woman is full of bops, but the entire thing is feeling like such a non event. Like, there is SO MUCH they could be doing with it. 

Maybe it's because I experienced a different generation of popgirls where the visuals really mattered and they served amazing tours, amazing videos, amazing perfomances and iconic outfits, they generated headlines. But Ariana dropped a really good album and is just there, with her high pony, like she's always been. 

The Dangerous Woman video was a snoozer and Into You (which has amazing potential) served a What Do You Mean redux but even more boring. The My Everything videos were really meeh too imo. Focus was a step in the right direction but then the mess with the song happened and reverted back or something. 

Ariana isn't Carly Rae Jepsen, that no matter how much you push her, no matter how good the album is, she still won't kinda happen. Ariana has a healthy fanbase and is famous, but the promo has been nonexistent, like, besides those tragic Grindr ads there hasn't been much more. The BBMA performance was cute, but it's what she's always been doing and it's like she pussied out of the whole bunny ears/bdsm thing she was going for. She could have made an edgy Target commercial or something more with that perfume of hers, something to try to reach that next level and really get a leg over the other girls.

Idk. I know the usual suspects and bandwagoners will drag me but these are just my two cents :unicorn:

who will love me when the night is over

Didymus

Her SNL appearance was the best in years, I guess that counts for something.

But I agree, and I'll go even further and say her music is dull too. Her first album was impressive and then it's just gone to sh-t. Surprised at how well DW is received.

She's incredibly talented so it's just disappointing. She has the worst videography of any pop artist by far and it's just like why.

kabirartfling

Agreed ...they could do so much more...even that grindr thing was done by monsters during ARTPOP already :wtf:

Give your love to me

HolyDelRey

Those were exactly my thoughts right before she released Dangerous Women, but then everything changed, i consider her as one of the most talented girls in the pop industry (from the younger generation). She's way better then Meghan, Taylor, Selena, Miley & etc. I've heard that she's going to have music video for every song including Side To Side which is my fav one. 

P.S  - She had the same menagment problems as Gaga during the ARTPOP era, there was another Dangerous Women (Visual or Video) but for some reason she did not release it, i agree that music videos have big impact on the artist and the song itself. But some people enjoy more live performances then music videos!

Nothing but love for Queen Ari!:wub:

The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in..

Manul

Her videos and her persona are. :emma: She wants to look like this sexy, energetic chick when she looks like a toddler up to something. :deadbanana:

I think that a good, classy girl persona would fit her so much more.

it wasn't laaaahv

Mister Gaga
2 minutes ago, Spock said:

the promo has been nonexistent

SNL, Fallon, GMA, iHeart Music Awards, Radio Disney Music Awards, MTV Movie Awards, Jimmy Kimmel, BBMA, The Voice :air:

She had enough promo. The problem right now, not just with Ariana (who's videography doesn't help at all), but with pop music in general, is that there's no spark, no emotion. Idk if it has to do with laziness, but there's nothing that's worth watching. Music's quality is really good (ANTi, Dangerous Woman, Lemonade), idk what's happening. Maybe, because of the huge decline in sales, there's not enough budget to support huge videos or elaborated performances. 2016 was supossed to be one of the greatest years in pop music (another 2009/2011), and it's not happening.

I truly believe that we're at the verge of a revolution in pop music, which will be lead by gaga herself, like in 2009. 

Didymus
5 minutes ago, Mister Grande said:

Idk if it has to do with laziness, but there's nothing that's worth watching. Music's quality is really good (ANTi, Dangerous Woman, Lemonade), idk what's happening. Maybe, because of the huge decline in sales, there's not enough budget to support huge videos or elaborated performances. 2016 was supossed to be one of the greatest years in pop music (another 2009/2011), and it's not happening.

I truly believe that we're at the verge of a revolution in pop music, which will be lead by gaga herself, like in 2009. 

Lemonade didn't impress you? :rip: The Formation video and Lemonade shortfilm were the best visual releases of any pop artist in the last few years imo.

Sister

She is cute, pretty and talented, but she just does not have that "it" factor that the big ones who are remembered, have. It's a case of having it or you don't. None of the new girls have it. There is absolutely no excitement to them or their entertainment.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Mister Gaga
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Lemonade didn't impress you? :rip: The Formation video and Lemonade shortfilm were the best visual releases of any pop artist in the last few years imo.

I repeat: quality is good. I liked it (it didn't amaze me tho). There's something else going on that make all releases uneventful, Lemonade's momentum lasted literally 1,2 days. It's already dead, and the GP won't know from Beyonce till her next release (+2 years). The OP asked if ariana's boring as a popgirl. I think it's not just ariana, but pop music in general. There's nothing exciting right now, nothing to look forward to (boring music videos, boring performances, uneventful album releases). Music's quality it's good, but in pop music, the music itself is not enough. It needs a whole structure, missing right now.

River

Yes, I know her only by the name and the face.. but I'm not interested in her career and music at all..

Maybe because she's aiming to teenagers and I'm so done with this..

Same with JB, Charli XCX etc.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

NewUsername

I get what y'all mean, but:
She's becoming a better live performer lately + the Into You video slays!

Killa

Well she certainly has the potential to be so much much more. I'd say it's frustrating.

She has a great quality to her voice, she looks great on camera, she can be very funny and entertaining .

She just has to find who she really is. She's too young. This girl feels like an empty shell sometimes. I don't know that much but she may not have that much input in her career. What she's doing with this album seems very random. Everyone is just so afraid to be daring...it gets on my nerves

Archived