Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Recommendation: Utopia

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley

Utopia (2013 - 2014)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.noelshack.com%2Ffi

After a group of people, who meet online, discover a bizarre graphic novel which seems to hold mysterious answers, they find themselves being tracked down by a merciless organization known merely as 'The Network'. - IMDb

On 9 October 2014, it was revealed by the official Utopia Twitter feed (and later by Channel 4) that there would not be a third series. An American adaptation was planned for HBO, but budget disputes between HBO and director David Fincher led to the project being cancelled in July 2015. - Wikipedia

Trailer

Spoiler

Cast

Spoiler

Main

Fiona O'Shaughnessy as Jessica Hyde

Alexandra Roach as Becky

Nathan Stewart-Jarrett as Ian Johnson

Adeel Akhtar as Wilson Wilson

Oliver Woollford as Grant Leetham

Paul Higgins as Michael Dugdale

Neil Maskell as Arby

Geraldine James as Milner

Reviews

Spoiler

Wow? Where did this come from? Talk about "a hot kiss at the end of a wet fist" kinda show. Utopia hits you smack in the eyes but you can't stop watching. You'll find yourself saying "oh no they won't do that" a lot and {BAMM} they keep doing it anyway. - User review on IMDb

Mystery, intrigue, agony and bloodshed has captivated us over the last six weeks with this truly epic, almost real, drama. - HuffPost

Sinister cogs were turning over in Utopia (Channel 4), the atmospheric new six-part conspiracy thriller from Matilda the Musical co-writer Dennis Kelly. - Telegraph

Personal Opinion

this is the tv that got away :giveup: unfortunately not enough promo was put into this show meaning they weren't creating enough money for a third series to happen which is a shame because this show is a HIDDEN gem. it has cliff hangers, plot twists, blood, humour, unique editing and not to mention the incredible soundtrack which i'll link below :duck: i honestly wish they created 10 episode seasons so i could have more to watch but this is one of my favourite tv shows. i give 5 out of 5 diane's, srs.

:diane::diane::diane::diane::diane:

Where to Watch

Spoiler

Channel 4 (may be locked to UK residents only, does require you to make an account)

Amazon Video (purchasable on Amazon video, not sure about US residents)

it's really hard to find links online to watch however i found a torrent to season 1 here (is that against the rules? :laughga:)

Soundtrack

Spoiler

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived