Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (Out now!)

Noah

Featured Posts

Raikov

I'm amazed at how diverse this album is. Moonlight is a throwback to her 50s-meets-RnB style from Honeymoon. Dangerous Woman is a sexy 80s power rock ballad. Be Alright is house. Into You is modern dance-pop. Side to Side is reggae. Let Me Love You is PBRnB. Greedy is 70s funk. Leave Me Lonely is some gospel ish. Jason's Song has broadway elements to it.

Most artists find one genre and stick to it. This produces a "consistent style," but it's also confining. Yours Truly was a bit monotonous with that early 2000s R&B thing, for example. ME improved from that, but DW is a real step up. How many people could pull off having so many different genres in a single album without it sounding a jigsaw mess? Mess @ the fools saying she's "boring" for having bad music videos when she delivers where it matters - the music. DW is more musically ambitious than most pop girls would dare.

I'm also proud of her for co-writing more on here. I know she did a small bit of writing before YT, and I always hoped she might become more involved in songwriting again.

Ariana did not disappoint. :giveup: Don't let her album delay be in vain - stream it and watch it on Youtube, hennies!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

This slays :giveup:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Raikov
On 5/20/2016 at 2:48 AM, ItsTommyBitch said:

Wait, "Jason" of Jason's song is OBVIOUSLY Jason Robert Brown the Broadway Producer who discovered Ari and gave ha ha debut in the musical 13.

No wonder its a broadway inspired bop :giveup: 

Get your lives to more of this stuff tbh :sis: This bitch has been faking ha enunciation problems since 2012 :rip:

*edit*

Wait, looking @ and listening to the lyrics now, I hope this was just a cute joke track she made in honor of Jason and to experiment with more Broadway sounding stuff. He might have even helped write it, idk the writing credits for this song :emma:

Because shes actually going the **** in on these lyrics, inb4 this is actually about how Jason Robert Brown thinks she should do Broadway and doesnt approve of her doing Pop & R&B and thinks shes "better than that" or something like that :air: On top of that it would sound like hes simultaneously wanting to take credit for ha success :ohno: 

Imma need candid interview questions from her about this song :udidnt: 

Wait why do I get the feel that hes actually the one playing the piano on this song as well :rip: The confusion.

http://jasonrobertbrown.com/2016/05/21/wrote-song-ariana-grandes-album/

He wrote the song about Ari's struggles in the music industry, hence the talk about everyone making a big deal out of her ponytail. Ari was the one who wanted to call it Jason's Song, in his honor. And yes, that's him on the piano. 

No beef between these two, thankfully.

ItsTommyBitch
Just now, Raikov said:

http://jasonrobertbrown.com/2016/05/21/wrote-song-ariana-grandes-album/

He wrote the song about Ari's struggles in the music industry, hence the talk about everyone making a big deal out of her ponytail. Ari was the one who wanted to call it Jason's Song, in his honor. And yes, that's him on the piano. 

No beef between these two, thankfully.

I meant to post this when that came out actually, but figured im basically the only one following this thread anymore :sis: 

Thanks though :hug:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Raikov
Just now, ItsTommyBitch said:

I meant to post this when that came out actually, but figured im basically the only one following this thread anymore :sis: 

Thanks though :hug:

You got me worried there was bad blood between them :wtf: And as one of two fans of Jason's Song, I wanted to share this rare inside view of the song's creation:gaycat:

You might not be too far off with the "Ari is too good for pop" thing, because Jason goes in on pop songwriting in that post. 

ItsTommyBitch
1 minute ago, Raikov said:

You got me worried there was bad blood between them :wtf: And as one of two fans of Jason's Song, I wanted to share this rare inside view of the song's creation:gaycat:

You might not be too far off with the "Ari is too good for pop" thing, because Jason goes in on pop songwriting in that post. 

Well, he might think that, but he wrote most of the lyrics for this album after talking to her about what she wanted, so I don't think its about him at all. It might actually be about scooter tbh. "Acting like you bought me at a bargain sale" could be about how quickly he was fully invested in her career and how quickly he stopped putting all of his resources into her. Maybe he wanted her to get away from all of the other genres of pop on the record and focus on "pure pop" or he maybe thought she should keep the record's tracks similar to Focus, or maybe he was the one pushing Focus as the lead single, there are several possibilities. I could see it being about him.

Raikov
On 5/26/2016 at 4:21 PM, ItsTommyBitch said:

Well, he might think that, but he wrote most of the lyrics for this album after talking to her about what she wanted, so I don't think its about him at all. It might actually be about scooter tbh. "Acting like you bought me at a bargain sale" could be about how quickly he was fully invested in her career and how quickly he stopped putting all of his resources into her. Maybe he wanted her to get away from all of the other genres of pop on the record and focus on "pure pop" or he maybe thought she should keep the record's tracks similar to Focus, or maybe he was the one pushing Focus as the lead single, there are several possibilities. I could see it being about him.

Oh, I didn't mean that he wrote it about pop music, just that he doesn't seem to hold pop music in very high regard. I could definitely see it being about Scooter. And the whole "ponytail" thing seems aimed at all the people (including several stans :sis:) who keep on bringing it up as if it's that important.

The funny thing is Scooter is thanked in the acknowledgements section of the booklets. I guess that was made before they parted ways.

n0ne

Given the mature and sexual themes, slick edgy production, and similar visual aesthetic and outfits/fashion in the videos; Would you guys argue this album is a concept album or just a cohesive album?

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

ItsTommyBitch
7 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

Given the mature and sexual themes, slick edgy production, and similar visual aesthetic and outfits/fashion in the videos; Would you guys argue this album is a concept album or just a cohesive album?

I'd say just Cohesive :emma:

Archived