Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

EA admits to choosing money over quality

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Iwontell said:

Duh...

EA and Ubisoft have shamelessly been putting shitty stuff out in the name of profit for years. The last EA game I enjoyed was Dead Space 1, god knows how many years ago. They should thank god everyday they still have those dumb-but-profitable sport games, cuz they've destroyed everything else: the sims, need for speed, battlefield...their reverse midas touch is real.

Ubisoft is not that different, but at least they're trying to change it...and now and then they actually get it right, if only they didn't drive it into the ground so fast...

Ubisoft end up creating a really fun game formula but then keep repeating this formula for about 10 games in the series :saladga: i love far cry 4 but the other games are way too similar for me to buy and at first i was a huge fan of AC until AC 3 and i clocked it's just the same thing again and again

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

teenagechrist
44 minutes ago, VenusAsABoy said:

lmao duh

Take a look at Sims 4 rn

They ruined The Sims, it's a shame.

feeling so hot tamale

littlepotter

I hate their guts ever since they took over Playfish amd slaughtered all their games.

Pet Society. I'll never forget you :(

chaeri pls

SOON
5 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I hate their guts ever since they took over Playfish amd slaughtered all their games.

Pet Society. I'll never forget you :(

Oh that game :toofunny:

Racing for money and stuff :diane:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

littlepotter
1 hour ago, SOON said:

Oh that game 

Racing for money and stuff 

It literally was my life back in my depressed lonely pre-Gaga era

chaeri pls

SOON
9 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

It literally was my life back in my depressed lonely pre-Gaga era

Same here.

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

LebaneseDude

Sims 4 is fine as of this writing though.

Perhaps it was bad on release, but at this point it's better than its predecessors.

Reminds of Civilization 5 really. It was so stripped down on release that 4 was much better. By the end of the patch cycles it was the best game in the series. Factor in mods like the Community Patch and it's one of the best games ever. 

I do think it was half-assed on release, but I don't think you should judge the game now as you would on release. 

Kinda unfair really, especially since the patches are free. Of course Sims, as always, can cost you in the hundreds if you get all the packs. It's a Sims tradition though lol

One gripe I have is lack of toddlers.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

LebaneseDude
On 5/19/2016 at 1:08 PM, ryanripley said:

Ubisoft end up creating a really fun game formula but then keep repeating this formula for about 10 games in the series :saladga: i love far cry 4 but the other games are way too similar for me to buy and at first i was a huge fan of AC until AC 3 and i clocked it's just the same thing again and again

Game designers can't win lol

If they change too much from the winning formula, they can be criticized for straying too much from what made the game special to begin with.

If they don't change, they're criticized for stagnating.

I'm not saying your concerns aren't valid, but there is always someone who is disappointed ;) 

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Game designers can't win lol

If they change too much from the winning formula, they can be criticized for straying too much from what made the game special to begin with.

If they don't change, they're criticized for stagnating.

I'm not saying your concerns aren't valid, but there is always someone who is disappointed  

very true sis, very true :laughga: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Anderson123

Of course the first thing that came to my mind was The Sims 4. Some of the comments here though, you guys are right. I've been a fan of this game since The Sims 1 base game and I've played all of them for years. The Sims 4 has the most beautiful graphics and Sims, but they're totally destroying this game.

Alfonso
On 26/5/2016 at 9:07 PM, LebaneseDude said:

Sims 4 is fine as of this writing though.

Perhaps it was bad on release, but at this point it's better than its predecessors.

Reminds of Civilization 5 really. It was so stripped down on release that 4 was much better. By the end of the patch cycles it was the best game in the series. Factor in mods like the Community Patch and it's one of the best games ever. 

I do think it was half-assed on release, but I don't think you should judge the game now as you would on release. 

Kinda unfair really, especially since the patches are free. Of course Sims, as always, can cost you in the hundreds if you get all the packs. It's a Sims tradition though lol

One gripe I have is lack of toddlers.

Good to see that I´m not the only one in here who likes The Sims 4 :emma:. 

I think it is a really good game (ok, maybe we don´t have toddlers yet, but ignoring that, the game is getting better and better with the new patches, and we don´t have to deal with that messy online store from the Sims 3 again :green:)

The game deserves more recognition :tea:

BUT, I will never forgive (nor forget) how they killed SimCity just for the bling :giveup:

LebaneseDude
Just now, Alfonso said:

BUT, I will never forgive (and forget) how they killed SimCity just for the bling :giveup:

Ugh I know right? I still played SimCity 3000 til a few years ago. The newest iterations have been :wtf:

Archived