💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

EA admits to choosing money over quality

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley

EA Admits Star Wars Battlefront Had No Campaign Mode So it Could Launch With The Force Awakens

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/05/17/ea-explains-why-star-wars-battlefront-had-no-single-player-campaign-admits-that-big-shooters-need-one/

We are as good or better as the other people in the industry on average. […] Star Wars, I think is a game where you have to look at it from a slightly different perspective. Yes, we know that the one thing that we got criticized for was the lack of a single player campaign in it. It was a conscious decision that we made due to time, and being able to launch the game side by side with the movie that came out to get the strongest possible impact. - EA Studios Executive Vice President, Patrick Söderlund.

so who here is totally not shocked by this news? :laughga:

tumblr_mmjuzwTnzl1s33ipmo1_400.gif

EA essentially sacrificed product quality for a big sales opportunity, using The Force Awakens to help propel the game. good or bad idea?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Didymus

Understandable, but still disappointing. Obviously the game would've still done amazingly without that move.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Understandable, but still disappointing. Obviously the game would've still done amazingly without that move.

i was planning on buying the game until the news of no single player came out :laughga: 

bionic

If the sequel (released next year in time for Episode VIII!) doesn't have single player content (even if its just playing the online modes with bots) then I won't be buying it. #StopCapitalism #StopEA

buy bionic

ryanripley
Just now, VenusAsABoy said:

lmao duh

Take a look at Sims 4 rn

i stopped following the sims after the third game, it should have ended there imo :derpga: 

kvnrp

Who would've thought :neyde:

I had to buy Spore twice because you could only activate it once, so you couldn't even reinstall it without getting a new key :neyde:

Pacify Him
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i stopped following the sims after the third game, it should have ended there imo :derpga: 

The 3rd game was where all of it started. By the 4th game, everything was much more stripped and then we gotta pay for it smh.

I didn't get the 4th one obvi :poot:

I’m getting on your nerves

ryanripley
Just now, VenusAsABoy said:

The 3rd game was where all of it started. By the 4th game, everything was much more stripped and then we gotta pay for it smh.

I didn't get the 4th one obvi :poot:

i stole the 4th one and got bored in a day :neyde: but i always loved the third because of the open world and other npcs ageing along with the game, it was a big step up from 2 but then they took it away from 4 :giveup: 

LaMaisonGaga

half of the community still is baffled why I was one of those who didn't bandwagon with The Sims 4 trend. I'll always stay true as Artsims with The Sims 3.

lamaisongaga.com

Bear

What are EA doing lately :grr:

12 minutes ago, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

half of the community still is baffled why I was one of those who didn't bandwagon with The Sims 4 trend. I'll always stay true as Artsims with The Sims 3.

This. I've been following The Sims since the first game, and The Sims 4 is the biggest money-grabbing backwards step they could have possibly made. They took everything that was good and progressive about The Sims 3 and removed it for the sake of "reaching a wider audience" :awkney: And the fact they basically said if it didn't sell well they wouldn't continue the franchise :awkney:

shoful

They need to add galactice conquest. Then i'll buy the game 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

they are one of the most trashiest gaming companies :diane:

thank god we got bethesda, square enix and valve :diane: 

JesseBabe

Literally EA releasing the Sims 4 when it was half assed finished was a huge indication for me that EA only cared about collecting the coinage. Like almost 3 years later and we still don't have a huge part of life included in the game (toddlers), and I think it took almost a year to get dishwashers, basements, and hot tubs (Which hot tubs came in a stuff pack you had to purchase. And they put dishwashers and basements in an update and acted like it was revolutionary, when we should have gotten it in the base game in the first place. :madge:)

Iwontell

Duh...

EA and Ubisoft have shamelessly been putting shitty stuff out in the name of profit for years. The last EA game I enjoyed was Dead Space 1, god knows how many years ago. They should thank god everyday they still have those dumb-but-profitable sport games, cuz they've destroyed everything else: the sims, need for speed, battlefield...their reverse midas touch is real.

Ubisoft is not that different, but at least they're trying to change (I mean, if only for the fact that the AC movie is coming out without a game conveniently schedule to drop right after it)...and now and then they actually get it right, if only they didn't drive it into the ground so fast...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Archived