movie

'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' official trailer out

malazam

Featured Posts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy McQueen

Not wanting to sound politically incorrect or anything tbh, but it's a bit confusing for me that the transexual Laverne Cox (who is an amazing actress and person in my opinion) plays the character of the bisexual Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a male scientist who enjoys the fun of transvestism/transvestitism (similar to cross-dressing or men and women doing drag art etc.) - I mean, am I supposed to view her character in the remake as male in female clothes just like in the original, or as female, as female who was born biologically as a man and now plays a man who enjoys female clothes but not trans gender identity as a whole or is it supposed to cross all sexual and gender barriers in a fluidity way, it confuses me :huh:  I've heard Tim Curry himself trained her for the role which of course is fantastic. 
Anyway, I hate all these remakes/reboots/sequels/prequels/re-imagings etc. - Hollywood, please finally get some new ideas and stop copying classics for no obvious reason other than money, thank you 

Monster2015
45 minutes ago, Andy McQueen said:

Not wanting to sound politically incorrect or anything tbh, but it's a bit confusing for me that the transexual Laverne Cox (who is an amazing actress and person in my opinion) plays the character of the bisexual Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a male scientist who enjoys the fun of transvestism/transvestitism (similar to cross-dressing or men and women doing drag art etc.) - I mean, am I supposed to view her character in the remake as male in female clothes just like in the original, or as female, as female who was born biologically as a man and now plays a man who enjoys female clothes but not trans gender identity as a whole or is it supposed to cross all sexual and gender barriers in a fluidity way, it confuses me :huh:  I've heard Tim Curry himself trained her for the role which of course is fantastic. 
Anyway, I hate all these remakes/reboots/sequels/prequels/re-imagings etc. - Hollywood, please finally get some new ideas and stop copying classics for no obvious reason other than money, thank you 

I know it's highly annoying. Like The Wiz. Grease, Rocky Horror, Sound of Music...it's like the entertainment industry has absolutely 0 originality 

Himeros26
3 hours ago, Andy McQueen said:

Not wanting to sound politically incorrect or anything tbh, but it's a bit confusing for me that the transexual Laverne Cox (who is an amazing actress and person in my opinion) plays the character of the bisexual Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a male scientist who enjoys the fun of transvestism/transvestitism (similar to cross-dressing or men and women doing drag art etc.) - I mean, am I supposed to view her character in the remake as male in female clothes just like in the original, or as female, as female who was born biologically as a man and now plays a man who enjoys female clothes but not trans gender identity as a whole or is it supposed to cross all sexual and gender barriers in a fluidity way, it confuses me   I've heard Tim Curry himself trained her for the role which of course is fantastic. 

Rocky was first and foremost a theatrical piece. And in that essence, many shadow casts have had female performers portray Dr. Frank n Furter. So unless outright mentioned by someone apart of the cast of crew, Frank is still a male transvestite. Laverne is just portraying him. 

Andy McQueen
5 minutes ago, Himeros26 said:

Rocky was first and foremost a theatrical piece. And in that essence, many shadow casts have had female performers portray Dr. Frank n Furter. So unless outright mentioned by someone apart of the cast of crew, Frank is still a male transvestite. Laverne is just portraying him. 

Thanks a lot for clarifying that up! 

Warholian

looks grate can't wait to watch on my official gagadialy app

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Himeros26
1 hour ago, Andy McQueen said:

Thanks a lot for clarifying that up! 

No problem! A lot of people don't look at Rocky's history, so therefore it's not people's fault that they don't understand Laverne's casting isn't a plot change.

I'm most excited to see her, mainly to be quite honest. 

• 3 months later...
Himeros26
On 5/17/2016 at 11:44 AM, Andy McQueen said:

I am so sorry I really need to stop rereading old threads i saw thay i just explained it 

Andy McQueen
12 hours ago, Himeros26 said:

I am so sorry I really need to stop rereading old threads i saw thay i just explained it 

No problem, thank you! :hug: 
http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2016/8/23/exclusive-laverne-cox-not-so-politically-correct-frank-n-furter

https://unicornbooty.com/trans-actress-laverne-cox-think-playing-transvestite-rocky-horror/ 

Here is Musicals 101:

Old aged musicals usually gets renewed every 10 years to match the current culture. For example, the way Judas dresses in Jesus Christ Superstar changes every year to match the current fashion. Or the way they sing Rum Tum Tugger in Cats has changed to match the musical trends. They always update it. Don't like it? Then watch the old one. This reshoot is CLEARLY not targeted towards the fans of the old one. You have to be really daft to not understand that.

Archived