đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

First Battlefield 1 trailer releases, possible COD killer?

Sizzily

Featured Posts

Sizzily

A new Battlefield game, "Battlefield 1", was announced earlier today and its been getting a ton of positivity, the exact opposite reaction to the announcement trailer for "Call of Duty: infinite Warfare" which released earlier this week. 

One of the major issues fans have with the new COD is that its based in the future. The problem is several of the last Cod games have also been based in the future and have featured futuristic tech and weapons. Basically, Infinite Warfare seems to be more of the same. COD started off with the first three games taking place during World War II while the fourth installment subtitled "Modern Warfare" takes place in, of course, modern times. Since then, there have been 8 COD games released in consecutive years and, aside from Call of Duty: World at War (2008), Black Ops (2010) and a portion of Black Ops 2 (2012), they have all been set in either modern time of in the future. Understandably, a vocal portion of the fans are tired of this and want a return to the series’ roots in the early 20th century.

This is where Battlefield 1 comes in. Although the title would suggest otherwise, there have been plenty on Battlefield games to come before this. Similar to COD, BF started with a game set in WWII titled “Battlefield 1942”. The series has also taken leaps into the present and future though, with all four of its releases since 2010 being in these periods.

Today, however, Battlefield 1 has been announced to take place during World War 1. This has sent the mutual and divided fanbases into something of a hype frenzy. In just a 10 hours, the number of likes on the trailer has reached nearly 380,000 in contrast to 573,000 dislikes the trailer for Infinite Warfare has racked in the past 5 days.

While there is no doubt that both will sell like hotcakes on their release days, will this backlash effect future COD games that are currently in development? Will Battlefield outsell COD?

One Banned Boi

London GUY

I hope so, Battlefield have been serving better games for years, but i still think the armada of 12 yr old COD fanboys will Stan for Halo, sorry "Infinite warfare" because now COD might as well have a master chief DLC pack

REPLAY

PdogtheDaibutsu

It isn't going to kill COD. I had been waiting forever for Cod to make a world war 1 game but it seems battlefield decided to do it first. So I'm very excited for Battlefield 1! I've always preferred the historically set first person shooters over modern/future set shooters. COD had been working on infinite warfare for probably over 2 years now so they had no choice but to go through with it. However, I can pretty much guarantee the next COD after infinite warfare will be unique and more of what the fans want. 

PdogtheDaibutsu
1 hour ago, Highway GUY said:

I hope so, Battlefield have been serving better games for years, but i still think the armada of 12 yr old COD fanboys will Stan for Halo, sorry "Infinite warfare" because now COD might as well have a master chief DLC pack

I've always only liked the COD games made by treyarch because of World at War (my favorite) and because of the zombies feature throughout their subsequent games. I've never liked the games made by infinity ward. The zombies on BO3 is incredible but I think the whole series should have stopped with the future setting. Hopefully the game that treyarch makes after infinite  warfare will go back to the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
BibleThisWay

I'm only realising now that the last COD I actually enjoyed was Black Ops 1, aka the last COD that wasn't set in the future. The problem with the COD series since then has been the unnecessary futuristic elements. Fans that used to always play the series liked the World War style of combat rather than having a million and one different robots to control and flying across the maps. Battlefield 1 takes advantage here by giving those people what they want. I can see BF1 outselling COD:IW by a lot

Archived