Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna blasts Age Gracefully group

Ciccone Madonna

Featured Posts

Chump
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Omg

Not just calling her ugly and discrediting all she's done for women.

Can't wait for your opinions when Gaga's nearing 60 and being called desperate, ugly and devoid of good intentions  :unicorn:

I judge for what she's doing now. She's calling ugly provocative dress  – a fight for rights

Gaga said meat dress actually had a meaning, but we all know it was just to get press, just like this Madonna situation

But at least Gaga isn't acting like her dresses are saving the world from apocalypse, and at least Gaga's dresses aren't ugly 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

At this point, it isn't even controversial anymore 'cause it's so expected. The most daring Madonna could get at this point is if she went out in a turtleneck.

She's been pulling that stunt for decades, and used to do it better. Now I just feel numbed by it.

SoldierDown
14 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Exactly. People who are saying she's talking rubbish because they'd think it was just as bad a look if it was a man "exposing himself" are completely missing the point. It's the double standards of age.

If Beyonce or Gaga herself had worn this people would be loving it, because they're young and "current". Just look at all those photos of Gaga quoted, she's virtually naked. The point is because Madonna's in her 50s she gets **** for it, and why should she - it's just an outfit and she should have the right to express herself how she pleases without feeling the need to conform and "tone it down" to make people happy. 

JackTheTripper

Im going to step aside from her influence, or what she wears or what she has done  charitable. 

What i have noticed that recently all this pop stars are trying to pull through the definitons of feminism, or race or gender empowerment throughr every acion that they are doing, and all those words are abig trigger and stop the dialogue. So to everyone, feminism is:  equal political, economic, and social rights for women and men. And everyone can stop bullshiting that their efforts to sell album or their anked pictures have any meaning to global change or that they are cretaing beather world..... You wnat to get naked, get naked- its not revolutionary, you are not doing anithing for nobody but for yourself. end of story

Ciccone Madonna
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

At this point, it isn't even controversial anymore 'cause it's so expected. The most daring Madonna could get at this point is if she went out in a turtleneck.

Intended met gala 2013 dress

Madonna_nipples_050514.jpg 

#free the nipple

SoldierDown
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

madonna-chime-for-change-vogue-2-3jun13-

elijahfan
Just now, Ciccone Madonna said:

Intended met gala 2013 dress

Madonna_nipples_050514.jpg 

#free the nipple

I don't get your point

Didymus
Just now, Ronlop said:

What I'm saying is that you're not changing the world by showing tits and ass at events.

She never said she or anyone else is changing the world doing that.. she's saying we can't let people forget that sexism and ageism still exist, because they are important issues. Exactly the opposite of what you claim she's saying.

1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

it seems like Madonna is only interested in fighting for women above a certain age to show their sexuality. There are by far more important things to fight for women and I don't even recall Madonna mentioning them :rip: 

Well, then you just don't know her career and what it has meant for women in music and outside of it :huh: Make an effort, do some research before you make big claims.

2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Sexuality comes in different ways. It's not just walking half naked, that's actually a shallow way to look at it. 

Gurl.. :flop: Tell that to Gaga, first of all (not bringing her up to slam her, I love Gaga's public nudity - but there is clearly a double standard going on here), second of all, Madonna has made brilliant and various statements about sex. I won't deny that lately the references to it in her music are terrible (Holy Water and S.E.X. come to mind), but that's no reason to dismiss all her achievements in that dimension.

That's like saying Gaga has nothing to say because look she's just walking around with her tits out all the time or wearing a crazy costume. How thick are you for not getting that's the same logic?

crisTEAne

i'm not a fan of madonna's personality, she's a bitch. but come on, guys, her intentions are good: she's fighting in her own way—it's the way she has always been. whether it's working or not is another question. 

oh, and people brining gagz into this mess: don't even. this is not about her. can't you justify madonna's actions without bringing her up? that says a lot, tbh.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Ciccone Madonna
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I don't get your point

there are many more frontiers left for madonna and womens to smash. :D

SKANK

If Jagger or Boy George showed up at the Met in a jock strap with their ass hanging out they would receive the same amount of flack Madonna did, in fact they would probably end up on a registry. This isn't about gender.

She is masking her inability to evolve as an artist as a fight for women's rights. No one is asking her to don a burqa or become a sexless house wife. We are expecting the same person who pioneered female sexuality to continue pushing the boundaries of what it means to be a sexual human being. That doesn't mean doing the same thing for thirty years. It is embarrassing if your approach to sexuality is the same when your twenty as it is when you are sixty.

Like Baby Jane Hudson reaching for her baby doll dress, Madonna reaches for crotchless panties. It's not about civil rights, it's about desperation, stagnation, and insecurities.

River
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

among all those pictures only the Applause performance one is nice imo, the rest are ugly af.

she can be naked in public, I don't mind, it's her body, but she still need to make it look less vulgar and more beautiful. what she wore was not shocking.. (nothing is shocking anymore, it's not the 80s..) it was yucky.

Why a guy can't do this? why men needs to cover themselves and not to express their sexuality without being called pervert? Hollywood is full of boobs and vaginas but you barely see a penis and if you see one everybody is losing their mind.. can you imagine what will happen if a celebrity in her age or even younger will wear a custom with his penis out or "barely" exposed to MET Gala? doomsday! in one moment all USA will be against him and his career will be over..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Didymus
6 minutes ago, Chump said:

I judge for what she's doing now. She's calling ugly provocative dress  – a fight for rights

lmao why are y'all pulling her message out of its context :rip:

The message of the dress was: I can still be sexual and adventurous at my age. The response was out of all proportion, and Madonna is using that response to point that sexism and ageism is still an important issue and that we shouldn't forget it. We should fight against that, like Madonna has been doing her entire career, no, not by this one look, but like she said: "I'm not gonna start now". Not doing whatever she wants to do is a betrayal to what she stands for. And if that means dressing up in a look that exposes her breasts and ass (and not even that much, lbr), then that's what she's gonna do, and if people don't like it, fine, but don't pull the age card (which is what most of the attack on her dress has been - not "it's ugly", but it's inappropriate for her age).

Anyway, whatever. None of you seem to want to get it, so.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

there are many more frontiers left for madonna and womens to smash. :D

Is she really helping the cause though? Because to me, it's just the same old stunt she does because it served her well in the past. But now, it's just... meaningless and desperate and expected.

Archived