Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé denounces North Carolina’s anti-LGBTQ legislation

Coop

Featured Posts

AlexanderLevi2
13 hours ago, MJHolland said:

Yeah if you think a one night Beyoncé stadium concert is going to do more hard to the local economy than it will to the moral of her gay fans who have already been sh*t on by this sh*tty law being passed in their state and then their idol cancel a show that sold out in an hour on resale months ago... you have got to be on some level delusional.

People have made plans months in advanced to see this show, including gay fans. If you think her not showing up is going to cause a negative economic effect, you need to take a high school level economics class. It doesn't work that way.

Old white men in the NC legislature don't give a f*ck if Beyoncé cancels her tour. They just dehumanized an entire minority. Do you really think they'd care if a strong, independent black woman made a political statement???

The delusion  :saladga:

It's seems that YOU are the one who needs to take an economics class :awkney:

Currently listening to Joanne

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland
5 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

It's seems that YOU are the one who needs to take an economics class :awkney:

I almost have my bachelors degree in economics :awkney:

A concert is a one night venue that wasn't even going to happen had she not scheduled it. The people hired would have been hired for 24 hours at the most. Her canceling a concert would have next to zero economic impact.

AlexanderLevi2
49 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

I almost have my bachelors degree in economics 

A concert is a one night venue that wasn't even going to happen had she not scheduled it. The people hired would have been hired for 24 hours at the most. Her canceling a concert would have next to zero economic impact.

All the surrounding areas (going out to eat, shopping, tourism, gas,) mean absolutely nothing plus all of the other concerts that are being cancelled would have zero impact on the tourism revenue. Okay.

Currently listening to Joanne

MJHolland
9 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

All the surrounding areas (going out to eat, shopping, tourism, gas,) mean absolutely nothing plus all of the other concerts that are being cancelled would have zero impact on the tourism revenue. Okay.

As far as I know, maybe 6 concerts have been cancelled. And all the venues were deep in NC. Nobody from outside the state was going to come see Beyoncé when she's performing closer to them. And it's not like it's a loss in tourism, you're talking about a loss in hypothetical tourism that would have happened if Beyoncé had a concert there. That means at the end of the day, the only net economic chance she could have done was zero. She could either go to NC and bring fans with her who buy things, or she couldn't. It's either a positive impact or zero impact. It's not like anything would have been lossed... 

White old male legislators don't care if Beyoncé has a concert there. We're talking about a group of old straight men who just dehumanized an entire class of people. Again, if you think Beyoncé cancelling a concert is going to make old straight white men chance their minds about LGBT issues, you need to rush yourself to a hospital. 

What IS going to change their minds is the DoJ pulling 163 million dollars worth of federal school funding. In the mean time, Beyoncé can play for her loyal gay fans where they need her most. 

The notion that artists should cut themselves off from people that need them is moronic. 

NathanC
1 hour ago, MJHolland said:

I almost have my bachelors degree in economics 

Seems like you're not learning much from class are you? How much will that tour generate in sales? How many businesses will be hurt by that? The event organizers, the stadium, the promoters, the equipment rentals, the clean up crew... Let's see what other businesses are involved in a concert? 

How many other industry benefit from this like Alexander says? Tourism, hotels, food services...

zero impact on the economy lol

SissyFromSpace

lmao. even the gays on social media are dragging her bc she could have at least done something. this is just a PR stunt. she's no gay icon. she's not explicit. 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Wolf Boy
On 04/05/2016 at 3:59 AM, MJHolland said:

Yeah cancel the concert so LGBT Beyoncé fans don't get to see her perform. ...

yeah i don't get this logic of cancelling your show, i know they're trying to make a point, but why punish the fans in that region for their stupid state?.............it seems a bit unfair, plus, GOING there and actually TALKING about it makes for a better political statement imo. Bring the issue TO them, with the very minority groups at the show this is affecting.

Katharine Hepburn
On 4 May 2016 at 7:01 PM, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Hahahahahhaahhahahaha she's Beyoncé, loosing money? Nevah

Didn't she face fines for performing during a lighting storm because she didn't want to disappoint the fans. White gays trying to throw Beyonce under the bus as always.

xoxo Joanne

KURUSHITOVSKA
1 minute ago, CustomGueseppi said:

Didn't she face fines for performing during a lighting storm because she didn't want to disappoint the fans. White gays trying to throw Beyonce under the bus as always.

This has nothing to do with my pale skin lmao

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Archived