💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Think Gaga Has Been Trying To....

PopThatArt

Featured Posts

PopThatArt

Do you think that Gaga has been trying to make the audience forget about her past work in pop music over the past few years? With the jazz album, being on American Horror Story, has she succeeded making a lot of people forget about it... Or at least about ARTPOP? Do you think she has been trying to wash away how critical people are of her music? Like lower the standard of what is expected? She hasn't made pop music, or radio friendly music that gets a lot of airplay these days for quite a while, so do you think that it is an intentional thing Gaga is doing making people wait for the new music? So instead of being so over critical we'll all just be glad she is "finally back" to making music for radio? Or do you think it's deeper, and she ultimately wants to show everyone she actually does have talent, so many times she has said her fans know she has talent and can perform the hell out of a song, but if you have never seen her perform live, you just think it's all for show and the outfits and crazy videos are to hide she is just like other popstars. Has the past few years just been a kind of retaliation to show the world and people who aren't her fans that they are wrong when they say she can't sing? She wants to show she does have that talent that so many popstar do not possess. Is it working? Is it backfiring? Does she want to show people how talented she is before returning to pop music to ensure she isn't written off again like she was with ARTPOP? And with past albums? Does it come down to wanting to show the world she is more talented than they think?

Go see A Star is Born

mariomania1234

I don't think she's necessarily trying to make people forget about anything. I just think she's expanding her horizons a bit and letting people see a different side of her. I think it sets her up well for the next record.

Arizona Sky

Maybe. But I think it's more than just that. She really needed a break from pop music. She was on tour and promoting nonstop from 2009-2013 and she just couldn't deal with it. But I'm glad she's taking a break, she's learned allot over the past 2 years and will be back better than ever! (hopefully)

Dangerous Man

Even if she tries, she will fail. The amount of impact of her first eras is just so enormous that it is hard to forget them.

I doubt she's trying to do that though.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

elijahfan

Yes, I think she understood that people had had enough with her, and she allowed herself to go into different ventures. Which is good, because now people are missing her.

keith ink

It's called Re-branding. And from the looks of it, it seemed her manager succeeded in rebooting her career. Lg5 shall say alot though

Ronk

She is proving she has the talent to go any direction she wants.  The "pop star" label is too limiting for Gaga.

Also, she was on Norma Jean's treadmill, and I wonder if her good friend Elton brought that to her attention.  If she is getting any sort of break now, it is needed and well deserved.

I live outside the space time continuum.

JustAnotherDay

I think she has been using this time to do things that she wanted to do for a while. She has wanted to do C2C since the Born This Way era and she has said she wanted to be an actor as much as she wanted to be a singer. I think part of it is rebranding but mostly just her trying new things.

was NickARTPOP

Lord Temptation

Gaga is three steps ahead of everyone. She knew since Paparazzi that there would be a backlash.

It's not rebranding when you're not selling a brand. It's evolution. 

Gaga doesn't need Monsters. She has Hollywood. She knows we're all suckers for the Fame.

"I'm not supposed to be appreciated now. You'll all appreciate me 20 years from now" - Gaga in 2011 (7:20)

VasilisVas
3 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

So instead of being so over critical we'll all just be glad she is "finally back" to making music for radio? Or do you think it's deeper, and she ultimately wants to show everyone she actually does have talent

Having talent has nothing to do with making radio friendly music.  The Fame and The Fame Monster were both brilliant, radio friendly, and showed the enormous amount of talent Gaga has. :awkney:

Archived