news

Gaga to star in A Star Is Born remake?

yxi

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AustrianTilapia

This would honestly be really smart of her. She could get multiple Oscar noms with this if she writes original songs and stars in it (and is actually good).

Hope the movie turns out to be good tho, which is always my biggest worry with remakes and reboots. 

I'm getting fat and so is my bank

freebit

Hmm...not sure how I feel about this. When I first heard about this project a few years ago I thought it seemed like a waste of time because there's so many versions of it already. If she does it I hope that the script is good, and that they found a way to make it a little different from the other versions. 

Joshie S

am i the only person to have not seen this film

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Curio5
On 4/30/2016 at 4:54 AM, Levine said:

That has to be the point they're together. There's no other motivation I can think of.

Bart & Fleming agrees with you. 

"Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga Road Test ‘A Star Is Born’ Team-Up"

LINK

They also think:

"A Star Is Born will probably cost $40 million; just the pairing of those two and the budget ought to prompt a quick yes from the studio."

" I like this pairing. Cooper is one of the more interesting actors out there, with ambitions that go beyond acting. As for Lady Gaga, I only knew her for her eccentric wardrobe, until I heard Howard Stern interview her. There is a lot of substance there, and she sings like an angel, as Hollywood heard in the Oscar-nominated tune she co-wrote and sang for The Hunting Ground. I bet this all happens fast."

Curio5
On 4/30/2016 at 9:20 AM, freebit said:

Hmm...not sure how I feel about this. When I first heard about this project a few years ago I thought it seemed like a waste of time because there's so many versions of it already. If she does it I hope that the script is good, and that they found a way to make it a little different from the other versions. 

According to Bart:

"I’m all for “road-testing” casting possibilities, especially in the case of a project like A Star Is Born, which has had a long history of questionable decisions. When Roger Ebert saw the 1976 version he famously asked: “What possessed Streisand to make this movie?” The relationship of Streisand and Kris Kristofferson had “zero chemistry,” Ebert said. And he was right. The one positive thing about re-making a movie that has been done several times before is that you can learn from the past."

Curio5

Flemming: "Cooper had targeted this for his first behind-the-camera turn, and in February the film had been chosen for tax credits from the State of California, so it’s real."

Voltaire

I'm entirely for this. 

The soundtrack alone could be epic-- and likely with co-writers allowing her to go outside her main-album sounds. 

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Archived